PDA

View Full Version : Call To Arms

TroyFootball05
12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
WE NEED TO PACK THE HOUSE!!!

There are several ways we can make this happen:

A) Log into FACEBOOK. Join this event: "GMAC Bowl"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=196258413855#/event.php?eid=206796795344&index=1

B) Invite EVERYONE on your friends list. I invited 520 people. This will cause literally hundreds of THOUSANDS of people to receive the invite as long as the message to invite all of their friends too is passed along.

C) Add the following message: "Troy has been selected to play #25 Central Michigan in Mobile, AL in the GMAC Bowl! Chancellor Jack Hawkins has postponed the first day of classes so that all of you may attend. Invite all of your friends so we can pack the house! GO TROJANS!!!

It's critical that we get others else to add all of their friends too. This will spread the world like WILDFIRE. Please do this.

2) If you are an admin or creator of one of the troy facebook groups, invite everyone to the event linked above and add the message above, or make your own. Please make sure to mention that Dr Jack Hawkins has postponed the first day of classes for this event.

3) Facebook adds. These are really cheap as far as I know and can reach a TON of people. I will be willing to pony up some money, as long as we can get this passed by the marketing department, or someone else in charge. I know some of you will say, well it's really not or job to pay, I respect what you're saying, but I will pay my share of up to 30 bucks to mount a facebook ad if someone else wants to chip in a few dollars. If you do not want to, I totally understand, as I see that viewpoint as well. But I will pay some dollars. Realize that FACEBOOK reaches millions of users everyday. It's an enormously untapped marketing tool, lets use it.

I will conjur up more ways to help out, soon. Stand by...

TroyFootball05
12-07-2009, 01:41 AM
This needs to be a MASSIVE MASSIVE operation. Another Idea:

4) For those of you who are comfortable doing this, forward and official GMAC Bowl Flyer that may appear in your inbox to all of your email contacts, or create your own message/advertisement. SPREAD THE WORD: make sure people forward this to others.

Remember, the biggest mistake we can make is have people say "there was a bowl game in mobile? I didn't know..."

SPREAD THE WORD

troy4ever
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Don't forget to put on all this information to buy your tickets through the TROY ticket office and NOWHERE ELSE!!!

MobileBama
12-07-2009, 12:28 PM
This may be counterproductive, but many businesses in Mobile get tons free of tickets. Most are used only for the first few quarters. Please have your Mobile friends get these tickets and give them to Troy students. That will entice many more to come if they have free tickets.

On the flip side, they were not bought directly from Troy. Just an idea to get more butts in seats.

I may be able to get some free ones and will gladly donate them to Troy students since I can't attend

Trojans713
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I should have the opportunity to get free tix too. I'll be buying mine from the University, of course, but hopefully I'll give some to people who wouldn't normally go. And give em extra Troy gear to wear of course!

TroyFootball05
12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I should have the opportunity to get free tix too. I'll be buying mine from the University, of course, but hopefully I'll give some to people who wouldn't normally go. And give em extra Troy gear to wear of course!

Good plan. Lets give these to some who wouldn't normally go, but let's not overdo it. I'll take around 5 free tickets. My plan is to give them to people who are hard up for money right now, simply can't afford it. My ticket is free, so I will buy a student ticket (i think you can only one ST for yourself) and possibly one or two of the regular priced ones to help the university.

BleedingCardinal
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Here's a little tid bit of information about inviting your friends to the event on facebook. Instead of having to click every person individually (because facebook thought it would be too convenient to add a 'select all' button) copy this code into your address bar and press enter.

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends') .getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

TroyFootball05
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
5) The official TROY TROJANS website has a "share" option. You can find it here, where you buy tickets through TROY:

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=204843166&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=17200&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

brought to you by promotozoa.com

Allows you to share on Myspace (which hasnt been addressed yet), FACEBOOK, google.com, and your email.

Take advantage of this and get the word out!