PDA

View Full Version : What Part of Dauphin Street Does Troy Own?

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
So Trojan fans, what part of Dauphin Street will we be taking over before/after the game?

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 12:17 AM
So Trojan fans, what part of Dauphin Street will we be taking over before/after the game?

ALL of it! We give them one bar......that is it.

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:18 AM
well what bar do they get?

FliryVorru
12-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Visions, perhaps? (anyone who's been to Dauphin Street... you know what I'm talking about)

http://www.visionstwist.com/images/newlogo.jpg

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
well what bar do they get?

Actually, one of the bowl organizers or friends says that each team is "given" one bar on Dauphin as a "Head Quarters". They supposedly sport team flags out front etc... I will be taking several extra Troy flags downtown a few days in advance:)

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:45 AM
ill be headed down Tuesday night, is there anything going on that night?

svenattroy
12-07-2009, 01:14 AM

What's going on is you'll be tearing down the CMU flags and making it all Troy!!!

tenaciousT
12-07-2009, 01:21 AM

Tuesday night is the Mardi Gras parade, fireworks, and pep rally then Dauphin street.

gonna be a good night!

Hemi Man
12-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Actually, one of the bowl organizers or friends says that each team is "given" one bar on Dauphin as a "Head Quarters". They supposedly sport team flags out front etc... I will be taking several extra Troy flags downtown a few days in advance:)

That's more than New Orleans did for us.

MobileBama
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm not a bowl organizer, but I do set up a "home" bar for both teams. I have no affiliation with any bars, hotels, restaurants, etc. It's just something I like to do to make the bowl experience a little more enjoyable. It usually works better for the MAC schools b/c they bring fewer people and most have never been to Mobile. There will be so many Troy fans that it really won't matter b/c every bar will be packed with Troy fans. Dauphin Street is great and there are tons of bars to decide from.

The best thing to do is all meet up Tuesday afternoon for happy hour, walk a few hundred yards to the parade route, walk a few blocks to the pep rally, then head back to Dauphin Street.

Also, bring Troy flags, banners, beads, band cd's, etc. and hang them from the bar balconies. The bars will play your cds and make it a fun atmosphere. Tuesday night will be a lot of fun and I highly suggest everyone make it out for it.

TSU1997
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I'll be there, I'm coming down from Montgomery and will be bringing a party of about 20 - 30 Trojans fans and about 5 - 10 soon to be Trojans....I'll be stopping by Party Station today to see if they have any more of the Troy beads so everyone in my party can have some....