PDA

View Full Version : Troy?

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
When I heard that we were playing Troy, I didn't know whether to feel excited or kicked in the groin. Excited because Central will beat the women of Troy by over 30 points, and also kicked in the groin because you guys play in the Sun Belt (which is easily the cellar dweller of college football) and already lost to Bowling Green who is #4 in the MAC! CMU deserves better.

newnan trojan
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
wow your asking for punishment coming on here with those words!

troy4ever
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
You lost to the #4 team of the Sunbelt FAU last year in Detroit.

Quit running your mouth.

Mike Cunningham
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Here they come.....

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Hbqf2LImoxc/RvcT9-ERpuI/AAAAAAAACWs/czP6rdJcHis/s400/Paul+Revere+&+The+Raiders+-+1965+-+Here+They+Come.jpg

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Ha!

VT Trojan
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the board! We are excited that we will be able to take a "top 25" team off their spot in the polls. Again welcome to the board midlandchump(im assuming thats you).

TFan
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, you're probably right; "deserve" better, Oh well. Y'all just come on down and see how we do it Southern style! You won't be dissappointed in the hospitality, just the score!

Like our Men of Troy, we are EARNING our Way out!

GO TROJANS!

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
The Central Michigan version of Black and Mold!

newnan trojan
12-06-2009, 10:38 PM
We eat live and breath college football here in the SOUTH!

troy4ever
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Speaking of Black and Mold...I've already seen where he's over on the Middle board harassing them.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
you lost to the #4 team of the sunbelt fau last year in detroit.

Quit running your mouth.

boo_yah!

TroyFootball05
12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Please don't feed the trolls. All they do is get us riled up. Lets just enjoy the game!

a10koaksfed
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Sorry to see one of our heathens is down here stirring it up. Every fan base has a couple of those hanging around the edges, living life thru their team. I'm hoping this game is on fire from the opening kick off. Neither team wants their primetime exposure to be burried in BCS Championship crap. We'll know how this game is going to be broadcast when ESPN announces the crew.

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
i'm hoping they will hype it up with Dan LeFeveour and Levi Brown leading these offenses. they may not play for Florida or USC, but our QB's are two of the most talented in the country.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
When I heard that we were playing Troy, I didn't know whether to feel excited or kicked in the groin. Excited because Central will beat the women of Troy by over 30 points, and also kicked in the groin because you guys play in the Sun Belt (which is easily the cellar dweller of college football) and already lost to Bowling Green who is #4 in the MAC! CMU deserves better.

Talk about being morally bankrupt...

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 10:51 PM

Yep...and we lost pretty good. Not one of the finer moments in my 10 years of following this team. But, what I can tell you is this: After the 1st 2 games of the year, our offense worked its way passed what your offense has done and our secondary has a little more time to work. Do you think that BGSU would fare any better against the 3rd best offense in the country? Well, you'll get your chance to see it, up close and from behind..."tail lights flashin'...Touchdown, Men of TROY!!!"

sasquatch67
12-06-2009, 10:53 PM

You are a POOPY FACE!!!:rollinglaugh:

TroyFootball05
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Yep...and we lost pretty good. Not one of the finer moments in my 10 years of following this team. But, what I can tell you is this: After the 1st 2 games of the year, our offense worked its way passed what your offense has done and our secondary has a little more time to work. Do you think that BGSU would fare any better against the 3rd best offense in the country? Well, you'll get your chance to see it, up close and from behind..."tail lights flashin'...Touchdown, Men of TROY!!!"

CMU is actually ranked higher than us in scoring offense. Theyre really good team. Though we're ranked 3rd in yards per game.

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
First things first, I am a Central student. Next thing, I knew that you people would bring up the Motor City Bowl loss against Florida Atlantic (not Troy)from last year. The thing is, no one cared last year. We lost our chance of winning the MAC championship (and any point to playing the rest of the season for that matter) after losing to Ball State, and the disappointment of having to play a Sun Belt team in two bowls out of three was evident.

I was simply expressing my feelings when I found out about the atrocity that is the GMAC Bowl. The best football team in Michigan has to play Troy? I'm sorry but that is a pretty funny joke in my opinion. And your offense isn't that spectacular. I'm sure a monkey could have the same stats Brown has playing in the Sun Belt.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
CMU is actually ranked higher than us in scoring offense. Theyre really good team. Though we're ranked 3rd in yards per game.

Yeah, I'm not getting in to the smack talking, but I am excited about playing a ranked team in a bowl game.

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
First things first, I am a Central student. Next thing, I knew that you people would bring up the Motor City Bowl loss against Florida Atlantic (not Troy)from last year. The thing is, no one cared last year. We lost our chance of winning the MAC championship (and any point to playing the rest of the season for that matter) after losing to Ball State, and the disappointment of having to play a Sun Belt team in two bowls out of three was evident.

I was simply expressing my feelings when I found out about the atrocity that is the GMAC Bowl. The best football team in Michigan has to play Troy? I'm sorry but that is a pretty funny joke in my opinion. And your offense isn't that spectacular. I'm sure a monkey could have the same stats Brown has playing in the Sun Belt.

Ok ChipsAhoy you have a long way to go before you reach black and moldy status. Give you just a C for effort right now, but keep trying.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM

"No one cared last year?" So, you are admitting to being a fair-weather fan? You are only passionate about your team when you are winning? Is loyalty not a big thing up North?

TFan
12-06-2009, 11:03 PM

Get over it Bub, Joke's on you evidently! C'mon down and share a tailgate, Southern Style!
GO TROJANS!

sasquatch67
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM

You are going to pretty much be at a troy home game!! You dont want that.........!!!!! Ever been into a hornets nest.....??? You will feel the sting soon!:scared:Best of luck to the best team in Michigan!! Better bring ya A Game!!

newnan trojan
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Troy has the 4th best home record in all of college football. Ask
#17Mizzu,Oklahoma State, Marshall and many others when they played us at home....

Of cource this isnt really a home game per say....but when there will be probally around 20k + Troy fans there, it might as well be!

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 11:13 PM

You probably used to get kick in groin by now if you Directional Michigan fan. And it pointed out already we lose to South Toledo, but come on how anyone lose to the "Pencil" and UCF-Boca? And while TMTDM defense blows chow this year (maybe worse), you haven't seen a stud like 3 Notch Levi Brown (on and off field...lock up your cheerleaders).

sasquatch67
12-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Troy has the 4th best home record in all of college football. Ask #17Mizzu, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Marshall and many others when they played us at home....

Of cource this isnt really a home game per say....but when there will be probally around 20k + Troy fans there, it might as well be!

I feel ya!:thumb:

tr_oj_ans
12-06-2009, 11:16 PM
This kid has no idea. Let him go ask their team if they "cared" in the FAU game. Of course their "team" cared if they got their butt handed to them by the #4 Sunbelt team. They practiced and prepared to win and still got it handed too them by the team that has beaten us once since their creation. Maybe we could print his comments on a t-shirt and let him wear it downtown Mobile the night before the game and see how she fares:)

trojan11
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
And your offense isn't that spectacular. I'm sure a monkey could have the same stats Brown has playing in the Sun Belt.

i bet you've never seen our qb play a single series, much less a game. your qb is good, so is ours. try your best to be a big boy on here and make reasonable football conversation. and if you cant, please, do us all a favor and go back to beating 12 yr olds at computer games.

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
"No one cared last year?" So, you are admitting to being a fair-weather fan? You are only passionate about your team when you are winning? Is loyalty not a big thing up North?

Hardly. I definitely cared about the game, so much so that I happened to watch the game while celebrating Christmas with my family. Loyalty is pretty big up north, which is why our school has higher attendance at football games than yours does.

CMichFan
12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
This kid has no idea. Let him go ask their team if they "cared" in the FAU game. Of course their "team" cared if they got their butt handed to them by the #4 Sunbelt team. They practiced and prepared to win and still got it handed too them by the team that has beaten us once since their creation. Maybe we could print his comments on a t-shirt and let him wear it downtown Mobile the night before the game and see how she fares:)

Guys, while I'm not really crazy about jumping into a smackfest this early, it is true that:

1) At least 1/2 the CMU team came down with the flu the week before the MCB against FAU last season.

2) Our defense was decimated by injuries by late season last year, especially our defensive secondary.

3) After the loss to Ball State at home, CMU's team just didn't seem the same. We even came out flat and lost to a bad EMU team the following week.

FAU beat us, yes, but they didn't get a healthy or especially motivated CMU team. That shouldn't be the case this season, especially with an AP Top 25 ranking on the line and a new bowl venue.

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Get over it Bub, Joke's on you evidently! C'mon down and share a tailgate, Southern Style!
GO TROJANS!

I guess I'm not familiar with sharing a tailgate "Southern Style." Super cool story bro.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Hardly. I definitely cared about the game, so much so that I happened to watch the game while celebrating Christmas with my family. Loyalty is pretty big up north, which is why our school has higher attendance at football games than yours does.

Wait a second. You initially stated that "no body" cared about the game. Now your position is that you "definitely cared." Are you always a flip-flopper? Correct me if Im wrong guys. But didnt he flip-flop?

troy4ever
12-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Wait a second. You initially stated that "no body" cared about the game. Now your position is that you "definitely cared." Are you always a flip-flopper? Correct me if Im wrong guys. But didnt he flip-flop?

Sounds just like a politician to me.

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:33 PM
You probably used to get kick in groin by now if you Directional Michigan fan. And it pointed out already we lose to South Toledo, but come on how anyone lose to the "Pencil" and UCF-Boca? And while TMTDM defense blows chow this year (maybe worse), you haven't seen a stud like 3 Notch Levi Brown (on and off field...lock up your cheerleaders).

I'm not quite sure your comment warrants a response. However, I'll oblige this one time since I'm such a nice guy. I'm not certain how things work in the South, but fix your grammar and then come talk to me.

newnan trojan
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
If you say your team had the Flu and injurys kept you from beating FAU then we are also saying during the Bowling Green game we had 5 top players out for the game and we had no films on Bowling Green since they have a new coach...

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:35 PM

He did go to polar extremes on that one, eh?

newnan trojan
MR. HO is chinese dummy!

chipsmassacretroy
i bet you've never seen our qb play a single series, much less a game. your qb is good, so is ours. try your best to be a big boy on here and make reasonable football conversation. and if you cant, please, do us all a favor and go back to beating 12 yr olds at computer games.

Because I can effectively incorporate humor into a rational thought, I become a child? Time to grow up Peter Pan. And no, I haven't watched a single series Brown has played due to the fact that I didn't realize that Troy even existed until approximately 8:12 EST today.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Because I can effectively incorporate humor into a rational thought, I become a child? Time to grow up Peter Pan. And no, I haven't watched a single series Brown has played due to the fact that I didn't realize that Troy even existed until approximately 8:12 EST today.

So, are you saying that "no body" cares about Brown, ot you "definitely care" about Brown? Being you change positions, and all.

You have more waffles than a house of pancakes. Voted for Kerry, didnt you :spam:

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Apparently we have different definitions of "not caring." While in the strictest sense, my saying "nobody cared" does cause somewhat of a dilemma with me saying that "I definitely cared." However, I figured that Troy fans would have some semblance of intelligence and context, but apparently they must not teach much down there. But where is all the football talk? I get knocked on here for not talking football, yet all the other posts focus on everything but football.

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
i hate to burst your bubble CMU fans, but the MAC Championship is not in any way more prestigious than the Sun Belt Championship. Both of us are in the same boat, fighting for every second of time in the limelight. unfortunantly, both of our Conferences are viewed as weak. We are scheduled for body bag games and regretably, we usually deliver.

Troy and C.Mighigan are the best two programs in the worst two Conferences. We both have great offenses and average defenses. if all things play out as they should, this game will be exciting. I think our teams are pretty evenly matched, so i won't predict a win either way. i'm just excited we're playing each other in the GMAC Bowl! I've always wanted Troy to play in this game, and it's cool I get to see LeFevour in person. :thumb:

tr_oj_ans
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Guys, while I'm not really crazy about jumping into a smackfest this early, it is true that:

1) At least 1/2 the CMU team came down with the flu the week before the MCB against FAU last season.

2) Our defense was decimated by injuries by late season last year, especially our defensive secondary.

3) After the loss to Ball State at home, CMU's team just didn't seem the same. We even came out flat and lost to a bad EMU team the following week.

FAU beat us, yes, but they didn't get a healthy or especially motivated CMU team. That shouldn't be the case this season, especially with an AP Top 25 ranking on the line and a new bowl venue.

I think someone's kid brother just rubbed some people the wrong way. We know who we're playing, and I think most of us respect that. If little brother or anyone else thought that they would come on this board and expect to see Troy scared of CMU, they came to the wrong place. We're playing good football and I expect us to win. I'm sure that most here share my opinion. I'm pretty confident that if CMU would have played UF and Arkansas, they would've lost those games as well. I have no excuse for our opener at BGSU....just unprepared. I don't think it will happen again.

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 11:46 PM
don't forget that we have the number 2 passing QB in the country, and the 7th ranked offense. CMU is pretty good, but so are we. this will be a very good match-up. after last year, i think God owes us one. :thumb:

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Apparently we have different definitions of "not caring." While in the strictest sense, my saying "nobody cared" does cause somewhat of a dilemma with me saying that "I definitely cared." However, I figured that Troy fans would have some semblance of intelligence and context, but apparently they must not teach much down there. But where is all the football talk? I get knocked on here for not talking football, yet all the other posts focus on everything but football.

Ok, so up North there are many definitions for "not caring?" So it's, when we lose, "no body cares." Yet, when we win, we "defiantly care." Kinda disloyal, isnt it? and to hide your disloyalty with insults and pot shots. Awful, just awful...

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
So, are you saying that "no body" cares about Brown, ot you "definitely care" about Brown? Being you change positions, and all.

You have more waffles than a house of pancakes. Voted for Kerry, didnt you :spam:

Nice JibJab reference. I wasn't of legal age to vote for Kerry and if I would have had the choice, I most definitely would not have. The one quality we share being GOP to the core, but that's neither here nor there. At no time in my comment did I insinuate that I cared or didn't care about Brown, simply that I hadn't heard of him. Now, we can compare ****s all night if you want to, so how about we start talking football? For example, Brown's stats may be inflated due to the fact that your Sun Belt opponents' pass defenses were ranked on average 74.25 nationally compared to Central's opponents' pass defenses being ranked on average 52.17 nationally.

Florida_Trojan
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
don't forget that we have the number 2 passing QB in the country, and the 7th ranked offense. CMU is pretty good, but so are we. this will be a very good match-up. after last year, i think God owes us one. :thumb:

Do Michiganders believe in God? Does "no body care" about God up there, or do they "definitely care?" HHmmm...

chipsmassacretroy
12-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Do Michiganders believe in God? Does "no body care" about God up there, or do they "definitely care?" HHmmm...

Your arguments about loyalty are pretty futile now considering that Central Michigan's average attendance at football games is 19,702 compared to your average attendance with 18,413 (according to the NCAA website).

troy4ever
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Does is matter what our average attendance at home is....

GMAC bowl Troy attendance 20,000+
Central Mich 5k-

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Your arguments about loyalty are pretty futile now considering that Central Michigan's average attendance at football games is 19,702 compared to your average attendance with 18,413 (according to the NCAA website).

a difference of 1,289 people. if you want to talk attendence smack, have a foundation to stand on.

http://metro-cincinnati.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fail.jpg

Mr. Ho
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM

Apparently you never been to Troy, AL were crowd of 18,413 send Pike County Sheriff department into meltdown alert. Both Waffle Houses order extra bacon for home games.

FloriTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:04 AM
It's funny how there's always one (or two) moron who makes their program look bad. He doesn't care; he cares? He's so into his team that he couldn't make it to CMU's bowl game in his own state? He is a fan of a "mid-major" program and has never heard of Troy? Then he is certain his team will beat that unknown team? I hope he's not a bettor.

Funny, pathetic stuff.

1motime
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM

That was uncalled for! Not appropriate for a family board.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 12:11 AM
a difference of 1,289 people. if you want to talk attendence smack, have a foundation to stand on.

http://metro-cincinnati.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fail.jpg

Last I checked, our attendance is still larger than yours, doesn't matter by how much. Logic fail, nice try!

sasquatch67
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM

You dont have to worry about having alabama and auburn in your state either.also our school only has around 7-8 thousand students on campus. The north teams dont get the south and football... you will see soon. Mich and mich st dont compare to dealing with those two.Im sure mich is a more populated state also.

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
haha, whatever you say chipsmassacretroy. just know the rational folks are laughing at you. you have a good night, ya'hear? :rollinglaugh:

yeahIwin
12-07-2009, 12:14 AM
anything this guy has said

http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/chips.jpg

trojan11
12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
chipsahoy's identity uncovered. careful guys, he looks kinda scary.......

http://www.collegeotr.com/images/blogs/7f7a5f671ce589cdec205df3999c8449.jpg

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 12:16 AM
It's funny how there's always one (or two) moron who makes their program look bad. He doesn't care; he cares? He's so into his team that he couldn't make it to CMU's bowl game in his own state? He is a fan of a "mid-major" program and has never heard of Troy? Then he is certain his team will beat that unknown team? I hope he's not a bettor.

Funny, pathetic stuff.

I'm not making my program look bad, rather you guys are making your program look bad through having uneducated fans. I successfully trolled you guys into hopefully talking football and you are doing everything but that. Also I live over seven hours away from Ford Field where the Motor City Bowl was played last year. Let alone the game was played the day after Christmas, so it wasn't necessarily a high priority. But apparently talking about football is too much to ask for you idiots :D

CHughes1102
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM

Naa dude more like this

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/findmeflash/coolness.jpg

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm not making my program look bad, rather you guys are making your program look bad through having uneducated fans. I successfully trolled you guys into hopefully talking football and you are doing everything but that. Also I live over seven hours away from Ford Field where the Motor City Bowl was played last year. Let alone the game was played the day after Christmas, so it wasn't necessarily a high priority. But apparently talking about football is too much to ask for you idiots :D

hey troll, you're making your program look bad. you are not special, every single team we've played has had that one guy who has done what you're doing. you are one of an endless line of faceless smack talkers who come here and make themselves look like morons. no one here cares to hear how your team will win and our team is somehow less than yours. let's be civil, because on OUR board, YOU are wrong...not us.

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 12:21 AM

Don't feed the trolls. We have our anal, I mean annual, Black and Mold winner.

trojan11
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Naa dude more like this

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/findmeflash/coolness.jpg

and then he goes and tops himself....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/masterfulX/1210396234345.jpg

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 12:25 AM
and then he goes and tops himself....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/masterfulX/1210396234345.jpg

I actually have him pegged as one of those kids who helps park cars or sells t-shirts at the games.

Mr. Ho
12-07-2009, 12:29 AM

Hey, that look like The Red Wave...at least the pink shirt and tipped cap. He always think girls like tipped cap. He think he Vanilla Ice when he go out.

1motime
12-07-2009, 12:31 AM
http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/chips.jpg

That is a low blow.

FliryVorru
12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Look folks... in the grand scheme of things...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8729/cmutroyattendance.jpg

...attendance won't win the bowl game. The men on the field will.

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 12:47 AM
nice job Robert. :thumb:

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:49 AM
CMU, please take note of something, when was the last time a team in Big Ten Range, ya know Michigan, Ohio, or Pennsylvania actually won a game that mattered against a team from the south.

To win anything in college football, you have to go through the south. Choose to argue or not, but name the last season in which a team from a state not named Florida, Alabama or Lousianna wasn't in the hunt ffor the National Title.

I hate the SEC to me it is overrated, but nonetheless the best conference in College Football. We play two SEC a year and you play a 6-6 Big Ten team and win by two, and play an 8-4 ACC team and lose (btw Boston College not a south school lol). Also losing to an 8-4 Pac 10 team, cmon man.

We got blown out by UF (BCS Team), beat by Arkansas (Should have beaten UF) and had a brain F**T against BGSU, no excuses. You have played no one that is even sniffing a BCS bid, and we beat the team that beat you last year in your bowl.

We both have great QB's, talk what you want about Brown and the Sunbelt, you mentioned earlier about defensive rankings in the conference, and you said the MAC 52 roughly and the SB 72 Roughly..... These are separted by around 25 yards a game... This again an shot by you trying to sound more informed than you are.

Please come here to talk football, we won't come into yourr house and stink the place up so don't do this here.

Before you slam us who was the last big name NFL'er CMU produced???

Please enlighten us?

trojanbrutha
12-07-2009, 12:53 AM
TROY Football:
The offense is led by Sr. QB, Levi Brown. Has passed for a conference record 3,868 yds, 22 tds against 9 ints and has broken several school passing records. Has only played a full year and started 8 gms last year. Maybe 12 receivers have caught td passes this year and he's had a game this year where he completed passes to 14 receivers. Several receivers have had outstanding years, not limited to these guys: Jerrel Jernigan, Tebiarus Gill, Zach Marcum, Chip Reeves, etc. Three RBs: Fr Shawn Southward that was elevated to the starting feature back position 9 games into the season. Jr DuJuan Harris was a 1,000 yd rusher last year and has had to split time this season. Sr Maurice Greer gets his touches also.

The defense is strong upfront with a very good d-line. Two DEs that are draft prospects: Brandon Lang and Cameron Sheffield. DTs that you'll hear their names a lot: Sr Kevin Dixon and Jr Eugene Kinlaw. Best LB tandem in the league: WLB Bear Woods (heart&soul) MLB Boris Lee (leading tackler) SLB David McDowell (hard hitter) or Nickel Sheffield (very aggressive and can hit). The secondary has been an Achilles heel at times this season, but they have competed and improved, being as young as they are. We have Sr safeties and Courtland Fuller was lost for the bowl, due to an ACL injury. A Fr and Soph on the corners. Fr Bryan Willis leads the team with 4 ints.

Now, you are more than welcome to add any football related info on the Chippewas, at your leisure.

TSU92
12-07-2009, 12:54 AM
For example, Brown's stats may be inflated due to the fact that your Sun Belt opponents' pass defenses were ranked on average 74.25 nationally compared to Central's opponents' pass defenses being ranked on average 52.17 nationally.

Along those lines if you look at OOC games here are a few stats.

These are our OOC opp. pass defense rank and Levi's passing yards.

Florida #3, only 66 yards on 24 attempts, Bowling Green #34, 263 yards, Arkansas #104, 321 yards, and UAB #120, 413 yards.

Here are yours and LeFevour's

Arizona, #43, 108 yards on 31 attempts, Boston College, #54, 152 yards, Michigan St., #103, 328 yards, Alcorn St. #73 Defense in FCS, 92 yards (but didn't need to throw much)

Against Common Opponent BGSU Brown, 263, LeFevour, 147

I think both QB's are very good and will both have good games. Levi's career #'s at Troy aren't as good because he has only started for a year and a half.

The thing LeFevour did do was beat BGSU and beat a BCS school in Michigan St.

jimPrimeMinister
12-07-2009, 12:55 AM

Yes, futile considering TROY's main campus enrollement (6,177) is LESS THAN A QUARTER of CMU's (27,354), not to mention our location in rural southern Alabama. Maybe you should come back and talk about loyalty when your fan base exceeds the size your student population.:wave:

svenattroy
12-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Come on - why do we have to bring up the NFL? You know that CMU has a huge reputation...just look at Gary Hogeboom!!!!

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Yes, futile considering TROY's main campus enrollement (6,177) is less than a third of CMU's (27,354), not to mention our location in rural southern Alabama. Maybe you should come back and talk about loyalty when your fan base exceeds the size your student population.:wave:

Good point, we do triple our student populations where they can't even match theirs.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Come on - why do we have to bring up the NFL? You know that CMU has a huge reputation...just look at Gary Hogeboom!!!!

OMG Gary Hogeboom AMAZING!!!

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:14 AM
CMU, please take note of something, when was the last time a team in Big Ten Range, ya know Michigan, Ohio, or Pennsylvania actually won a game that mattered against a team from the south.

To win anything in college football, you have to go through the south. Choose to argue or not, but name the last season in which a team from a state not named Florida, Alabama or Lousianna wasn't in the hunt ffor the National Title.

I hate the SEC to me it is overrated, but nonetheless the best conference in College Football. We play two SEC a year and you play a 6-6 Big Ten team and win by two, and play an 8-4 ACC team and lose (btw Boston College not a south school lol). Also losing to an 8-4 Pac 10 team, cmon man.

We got blown out by UF (BCS Team), beat by Arkansas (Should have beaten UF) and had a brain F**T against BGSU, no excuses. You have played no one that is even sniffing a BCS bid, and we beat the team that beat you last year in your bowl.

We both have great QB's, talk what you want about Brown and the Sunbelt, you mentioned earlier about defensive rankings in the conference, and you said the MAC 52 roughly and the SB 72 Roughly..... These are separted by around 25 yards a game... This again an shot by you trying to sound more informed than you are.

Please come here to talk football, we won't come into yourr house and stink the place up so don't do this here.

Before you slam us who was the last big name NFL'er CMU produced???

Please enlighten us?

Break time between studying for finals. Anyways, I hate it when people compare the Big 10 with any other football conference that the Big East. Believe it or not the biggest reason that the Big Ten never represents is because they play completely different styles of football with completely different skill sets. I definitely agree that the SEC is the strongest conference in the nation. While I think that the Big Ten cannot hide behind this excuse forever, I feel that Alabama/Florida/USC/random SEC or Pac 10 team would not be nearly as successful in the middle of the winter in conditions that these Big Ten schools are accustomed to playing in. Also, let's face it, the high school talent in Texas, California, and Florida are far superior to anything you will find up north.

While I respect that you lost to Sugar Bowl bound Florida, Arkansas (spare me the referee spiel), and Bowling Green, the fact remains that you didn't beat any of them. Yet we managed to at least beat our big non-conference game. While State is in a down year, a win is a win especially on the road against your big brothers.

The stats I threw didn't refer to yards per game, but rather national total pass defense ranking. The difference between 74 and 52 is therefore 22 teams not yards. The game against Arizona didn't start until close to midnight eastern time due to the game being on the west coast and a storm delay and Central just flat out got their butts beat against BC no excuses.

As far as NFL players from CMU, we will have LeFevour next year, but currently there is Joe Staley a starting OLineman from San Fran, Cullen Jenkins from the Pack, and Andrew Hartline drafted last year to Miami and has started. Other players include Brock Guitierrez and Ray Bentley (who is an annoying sports announcer for ESPN). I'll give you DeMarcus Ware though, dude is a beast.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Welcome back

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
...attendance won't win the bowl game. The men on the field will.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up, since my original argument was in response to someone saying that we don't have loyal fans. Fail.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Break time between studying for finals. Anyways, I hate it when people compare the Big 10 with any other football conference that the Big East. Believe it or not the biggest reason that the Big Ten never represents is because they play completely different styles of football with completely different skill sets. I definitely agree that the SEC is the strongest conference in the nation. While I think that the Big Ten cannot hide behind this excuse forever, I feel that Alabama/Florida/USC/random SEC or Pac 10 team would not be nearly as successful in the middle of the winter in conditions that these Big Ten schools are accustomed to playing in. Also, let's face it, the high school talent in Texas, California, and Florida are far superior to anything you will find up north.

While I respect that you lost to Sugar Bowl bound Florida, Arkansas (spare me the referee spiel), and Bowling Green, the fact remains that you didn't beat any of them. Yet we managed to at least beat our big non-conference game. While State is in a down year, a win is a win especially on the road against your big brothers.

The stats I threw didn't refer to yards per game, but rather national total pass defense ranking. The difference between 74 and 52 is therefore 22 teams not yards. The game against Arizona didn't start until close to midnight eastern time due to the game being on the west coast and a storm delay and Central just flat out got their butts beat against BC no excuses.

As far as NFL players from CMU, we will have LeFevour next year, but currently there is Joe Staley a starting OLineman from San Fran, Cullen Jenkins from the Pack, and Andrew Hartline drafted last year to Miami and has started. Other players include Brock Guitierrez and Ray Bentley (who is an annoying sports announcer for ESPN). I'll give you DeMarcus Ware though, dude is a beast.

Big difference here, Our big brothers Alabama and Auburn have publicly said they won't play us!!!

Also NFL, Ware is only one..... Osi Umenyiora, Leodis McKelvin, Lawrence Tynes..... from the current team..... Brown has been projected as high as 42nd to the panthers, Lang as high as a mid 1st rounder, Sheffield as high as 2nd round, and Lee could fall anywhere from 3rd-5th rounds, so be careful where you place us on your list of homecoming opponents.

It took you 35 years to be ranked, we are getting votes in the Top 25 in just 8 years in D1.

I understand the finals thing I just finished mine here in Troy friday!

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Yes, futile considering TROY's main campus enrollement (6,177) is LESS THAN A QUARTER of CMU's (27,354), not to mention our location in rural southern Alabama. Maybe you should come back and talk about loyalty when your fan base exceeds the size your student population.:wave:

CMU's main campus undergraduate enrollment (the students that actually care about watching the games) is actually only around 20,000. But touche, good point.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Big difference here, Our big brothers Alabama and Auburn have publicly said they won't play us!!!

Also NFL, Ware is only one..... Osi Umenyiora, Leodis McKelvin, Lawrence Tynes..... from the current team..... Brown has been projected as high as 42nd to the panthers, Lang as high as a mid 1st rounder, Sheffield as high as 2nd round, and Lee could fall anywhere from 3rd-5th rounds, so be careful where you place us on your list of homecoming opponents.

It took you 35 years to be ranked, we are getting votes in the Top 25 in just 8 years in D1.

I understand the finals thing I just finished mine here in Troy friday!

It isn't shocking to me that you are already receiving votes. Troy had a legit program before joining D-I in the 2000s with 2 D-II championships. Central won a D-II championship in '74 or '76 I can't remember which off the top of my head and then had to rebuild for a faster, stronger, better conference in the MAC. However, the past is the past and we aren't here comparing school histories or NFL players/prospects.

Michigan will play the weakest directional Michigan schools every year to save face and MSU just signed a contract with a home and away with us for 2012 and 2015. However, the argument about fanbases is the same in Michigan. If anyone thinks that the pull from U of M and MSU aren't as great as Auburn and Alabama, you are sadly mistaken. Also as you go further into Michigan (including the Upper Peninsula, where I'm from) there are a lot of Wisconsin fans.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Also guys, let's be serious with the pictures. You are from the Deep South. I'm sure that there are a plethora of pictures I could post that reinforces some stereotypes of your demographic :D

FliryVorru
12-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, since my original argument was in response to someone saying that we don't have loyal fans. Fail.

Just trying to help out all parties involved. I hardly ever take sides in discussions like this because I consider them futile. No self-respecting fan would say to their opponent "you're right, there's no way we'll beat you" so why bother trying to pull numbers out of my arse?

Central Michigan has a phenomenal team and a program that is bigger and more nationally recognized than ours right now. Perhaps in the future that might change, especially given the number of NFL player's we've produced lately, but that's not the situation today and that has nothing to do with our bowl game.

Here's the bowl game: CMU is a spectacular passing team who has the potential to put up big numbers on the long ball on our secondary and will probably see LeFevour throw for 400+ yards. Troy is also a passing team that has a great offensive line and, although our strength is our passing game, our O-line and depth of RB's will keep us in the game because your D-line is probably your weakness on defense. It's going to be one of those 52-45 games, I personally believe.

Who will win? I don't know. But I do know that you and I getting angry at each other for 30 days won't make any difference. So, and I say this to all Troy and CMU fans alike, let's just have fun crunching numbers and pushing our teams' strengths and weaknesses. Don't take anything personally (*ahem* some of our Troy fans need to read that sentence 3-4 times) and don't try and start a flame war. In the end, regardless of what was or wasn't said here, we'll all be there screaming like little girls when one of our teams wins, and in the end we'll all go to Dauphin street and drink to our happiness or to our sorrows.

Thanks for joining our board, I for one sincerely appreciate it, and I hope you enjoy our friendly banter for the next month.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 01:37 AM
It isn't shocking to me that you are already receiving votes. Troy had a legit program before joining D-I in the 2000s with 2 D-II championships. Central won a D-II championship in '74 or '76 I can't remember which off the top of my head and then had to rebuild for a faster, stronger, better conference in the MAC. However, the past is the past and we aren't here comparing school histories or NFL players/prospects.

Michigan will play the weakest directional Michigan schools every year to save face and MSU just signed a contract with a home and away with us for 2012 and 2015. However, the argument about fanbases is the same in Michigan. If anyone thinks that the pull from U of M and MSU aren't as great as Auburn and Alabama, you are sadly mistaken. Also as you go further into Michigan (including the Upper Peninsula, where I'm from) there are a lot of Wisconsin fans.

You have to be kidding me when comparing fanbases to us right??????

Let's start with every team within a nice little weekend drive, say I am a fan of these teams and I wanna go to their home games every weekend, meaning leave friday return sunday without killing urself driving.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia (long drive but makeable), Georgia Tech, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee (same as Georgia).

MSU at best a 8 win team every year, UM a Joke as it stands now, and Wisconsin a respectable team year in year out. You can even throw in OSU to help things in your favor, still not getting there.

Go there with the jokes about the south and show us that you are just like every other troll that passes through here, be original.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 01:56 AM
TROY Football:
The offense is led by Sr. QB, Levi Brown. Has passed for a conference record 3,868 yds, 22 tds against 9 ints and has broken several school passing records. Has only played a full year and started 8 gms last year. Maybe 12 receivers have caught td passes this year and he's had a game this year where he completed passes to 14 receivers. Several receivers have had outstanding years, not limited to these guys: Jerrel Jernigan, Tebiarus Gill, Zach Marcum, Chip Reeves, etc. Three RBs: Fr Shawn Southward that was elevated to the starting feature back position 9 games into the season. Jr DuJuan Harris was a 1,000 yd rusher last year and has had to split time this season. Sr Maurice Greer gets his touches also.

The defense is strong upfront with a very good d-line. Two DEs that are draft prospects: Brandon Lang and Cameron Sheffield. DTs that you'll hear their names a lot: Sr Kevin Dixon and Jr Eugene Kinlaw. Best LB tandem in the league: WLB Bear Woods (heart&soul) MLB Boris Lee (leading tackler) SLB David McDowell (hard hitter) or Nickel Sheffield (very aggressive and can hit). The secondary has been an Achilles heel at times this season, but they have competed and improved, being as young as they are. We have Sr safeties and Courtland Fuller was lost for the bowl, due to an ACL injury. A Fr and Soph on the corners. Fr Bryan Willis leads the team with 4 ints.

Now, you are more than welcome to add any football related info on the Chippewas, at your leisure.

CENTRAL MICHIGAN Football
The offense is lead by three time all-MAC first team senior quarterback Dan LeFevour. This year Dan has passed for 3,043 yards with 27 passing touchdowns and six interceptions and has rushed for 701 yards with 14 touchdowns. Dan has shattered most CMU records, MAC records, and NCAA records. LeFevour now owns the NCAA all-time record for all-purpose touchdowns at 148 with 46 rushing touchdown, 101 touchdown passes, and one receiving touchdown (against Michigan State). He currently ranks third in NCAA history in all time total offensive yards. His favorite targets are senior Bryan Anderson, junior Antonio Brown, and junior Kito Poblah. Bryan Anderson holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games with at least one reception at 53 games now. Antonio Brown has been voted Special Teams player of the year in the MAC for the past three seasons and leads the team with 1,020 yards receiving and nine touchdowns. Sophomore RB Bryan Schroeder has recently stepped up as the leading running back with huge games against Northern Illinois and Toledo (who has one the best rushing defenses in the MAC). I also don't need to repeat LeFevour's stats as they speak for themselves.

The defense is led by junior line backer Nick Bellore (playmaker) with 367 tackles, five forced fumbles, and four interceptions. He anchors the best linebacking core in the MAC including junior Matt Berning (excellent in pass coverage) and senior Tim Brazzel. The front line has been fairly strong throughout the season, with leadership from seniors Frank Zombo and Larry Knight. Sam Williams and John Williams were both solid starters as well before Sam went down with an injury against our arch-rival Western Michigan. The secondary is lead by defensive backs Josh Gordy, Eric Fraser, Bobby Seay, and Kirkston Edwards who have all had minor injuries throughout the season, but are all finally healthy. Central's defense is ranked 14th in total defense nationally in total points allowed per game.

Thanks for a football post btw

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 02:01 AM
You have to be kidding me when comparing fanbases to us right??????

Let's start with every team within a nice little weekend drive, say I am a fan of these teams and I wanna go to their home games every weekend, meaning leave friday return sunday without killing urself driving.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia (long drive but makeable), Georgia Tech, Florida State, Florida, Tennessee (same as Georgia).

MSU at best a 8 win team every year, UM a Joke as it stands now, and Wisconsin a respectable team year in year out. You can even throw in OSU to help things in your favor, still not getting there.

Go there with the jokes about the south and show us that you are just like every other troll that passes through here, be original.

I guess I don't understand your point about the fanbases, could you clarify a bit? Also, if I start to poke fun at southern stereotypes, you need to take it because I'm sitting here getting blasted with douchebag/guido photos (which are far from original btw). So if you can dish it, you best be able to receive it when it comes back :D

TFan
12-07-2009, 08:40 AM
We are well-acquainted with what I believe you are referring to, but we call them 'Bammer Fans, they have a huge clan over in Tuscaloosa.

redwave
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM

Hey chipawattaie??:scared:
WTH kind of injun is you anyway? Are you one of them yankee injuns that go gettin sprigs and ferns, berries and frogs fer supper (tweet tweet). Then to prove yo manhood ye go tiptoeing through the tulips blindfolded playing a uke while singing some funny yankee song with a apple layin on top of yo ol head??

Meanwhile: TMTDM = The Mighty Trojan Death Machine. We hunt wild hogs, mountain lions, grizzlies, cobras UG!!! UG!!!! UG!!! and eat them with our bear hands. We only use out giant wide blade warrior knives to spank our women and small injuns. (Sorry about that sweetheart just trying to make a point).

Prediction: TMTDM 62 TITS (Tiny Injuns That Suck) 3

Welcome to the TMTDM message board! :tongue:

CHughes1102
12-07-2009, 09:09 AM
WTH kind of injun is you anyway? Are you one of them yankee injuns that go gettin sprigs and ferns, berries and frogs fer supper (tweet tweet). Then to prove yo manhood ye go tiptoeing through the tulips blindfolded playing a uke while singing some funny yankee song with a apple layin on top of yo ol head??

Meanwhile: TMTDM = The Mighty Trojan Death Machine. We hunt wild hogs, mountain lions, grizzlies, cobras UG!!! UG!!!! UG!!! and eat them with our bear hands. We only use out giant wide blade warrior knives to spank our women and small injuns. (Sorry about that sweetheart just trying to make a point).

Wow at that post haha....

fireup89
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
CENTRAL MICHIGAN Football
The offense is lead by three time all-MAC first team senior quarterback Dan LeFevour. This year Dan has passed for 3,043 yards with 27 passing touchdowns and six interceptions and has rushed for 701 yards with 14 touchdowns. Dan has shattered most CMU records, MAC records, and NCAA records. LeFevour now owns the NCAA all-time record for all-purpose touchdowns at 148 with 46 rushing touchdown, 101 touchdown passes, and one receiving touchdown (against Michigan State). He currently ranks third in NCAA history in all time total offensive yards. His favorite targets are senior Bryan Anderson, junior Antonio Brown, and junior Kito Poblah. Bryan Anderson holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games with at least one reception at 53 games now. Antonio Brown has been voted Special Teams player of the year in the MAC for the past three seasons and leads the team with 1,020 yards receiving and nine touchdowns. Sophomore RB Bryan Schroeder has recently stepped up as the leading running back with huge games against Northern Illinois and Toledo (who has one the best rushing defenses in the MAC). I also don't need to repeat LeFevour's stats as they speak for themselves.

The defense is led by junior line backer Nick Bellore (playmaker) with 367 tackles, five forced fumbles, and four interceptions. He anchors the best linebacking core in the MAC including junior Matt Berning (excellent in pass coverage) and senior Tim Brazzel. The front line has been fairly strong throughout the season, with leadership from seniors Frank Zombo and Larry Knight. Sam Williams and John Williams were both solid starters as well before Sam went down with an injury against our arch-rival Western Michigan. The secondary is lead by defensive backs Josh Gordy, Eric Fraser, Bobby Seay, and Kirkston Edwards who have all had minor injuries throughout the season, but are all finally healthy. Central's defense is ranked 14th in total defense nationally in total points allowed per game.

Thanks for a football post btw

Actually, Dan Lefevour caught a TD pass i believe against Western Michigan (couple years back.) However, he did catch a pass in the Michigan State game so I guess that is what you are refering too. It's not unusual to see him catch passes, in high school believe it or not he was a running back (where he gets his dual threal ability from, or i guess if you include recieving, that makes him a triple threat...)
Eric Fraser, a senior safety drafted first round in the CFL last year (common' he is canadian...) broke his shoulder blade in the MAC championship and will not play his last game.
Antonio Brown also holds the nation high when it comes to punt returns for a a TD. He isn't the tallest guy on the turf, but he sure is fast.

AS FOR SOMETHING BESIDES FOOTBALL: can any ALABAMA-ers tell me what January weather is usually like? Looks like the stadium is outdoors (and nothing compared to Ford Field.) Not quite sure what I should bring to wear at a night game. And what is tailgating atmosphere like? CMU (student) tailgating, is unlike anything else in the state. Us CMU students refer to MSU and UofM tailgating as "graveyard drinking" where there are just as many old people (no offense) who still believe they are in college for the day. CMU student tailgating has its own lot. I'd say 1/3 of the tailgaters sadly don't even make to the game, sloppy. But for the 2/3 that do, it is a good time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/royalmeld/tg1.jpg

Hemi Man
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Actually, Dan Lefevour caught a TD pass i believe against Western Michigan (couple years back.) However, he did catch a pass in the Michigan State game so I guess that is what you are refering too. It's not unusual to see him catch passes, in high school believe it or not he was a running back (where he gets his dual threal ability from, or i guess if you include recieving, that makes him a triple threat...)
Eric Fraser, a senior safety drafted first round in the CFL last year (common' he is canadian...) broke his shoulder blade in the MAC championship and will not play his last game.
Antonio Brown also holds the nation high when it comes to punt returns for a a TD. He isn't the tallest guy on the turf, but he sure is fast.

AS FOR SOMETHING BESIDES FOOTBALL: can any ALABAMA-ers tell me what January weather is usually like? Looks like the stadium is outdoors (and nothing compared to Ford Field.) Not quite sure what I should bring to wear at a night game. And what is tailgating atmosphere like? CMU (student) tailgating, is unlike anything else in the state. Us CMU students refer to MSU and UofM tailgating as "graveyard drinking" where there are just as many old people (no offense) who still believe they are in college for the day. CMU student tailgating has its own lot. I'd say 1/3 of the tailgaters sadly don't even make to the game, sloppy. But for the 2/3 that do, it is a good time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/royalmeld/tg1.jpg

Weather could vary from 35 and raining to 65 and unseasonably warm.

As for your punt returner, I can't wait for him to meet Kanorris Davis #44.

trojanbrutha
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Weather could vary from 35 and raining to 65 and unseasonably warm.

As for your punt returner, I can't wait for him to meet Kanorris Davis #44.

"Are you Sarah Connor?" :rollinglaugh:

GoTrojans
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Central Michigan was the doormat of Michigan football schools for a very, very long time. If anyone say's different they are full of it. From about 1986-2005 they were AWEFUL with the exception of 1 or 2 years. Brian Kelly (Cincy head coach) turned them around.

As a Michigan transplant I understand the challenges of Central Michigan. I was born outside of Mt. Pleasant and my father is a CMU grad. Much like Troy with Bammer and Auburn they are the "forgotten" ones while Michigan and Michigan State are the "Chosen" ones. Michigan get's 110k to football games every week from where...ALL over the state and Michigan is a pretty big state. There is absolutly nothing to do in Michigan except drink, have sex, and watch football and they do not neccessarily do it in that order. Have you ever been to the Upper Pennisula? It's a giant wasteland of ice fishing shantys, snow mobile trails and not much else with the exception of Mackinaw Island. You ever been to Mt. Pleasant? They have a Meyer (our Wall Mart) and everything else is about the same as Troy...with one exception...They have a Tony's (a place that has an awesome breakfast but an even better steak sandwich).

I am of the small group down here that thinks the Michigan/Ohio State game rivals the Bammer/Auburn matchup. It may be even better.

That being said we are playing the Chips. After this year they will be lucky to win 10 games over the next 2 years. Let these little "Chippy's" have some fun up until 5:59" on January 6th. God knows after the whooping Troy lay's on them they wll be banished back to football hell that is known as CMU Football...A place where 5-7 is the norm....:thumb:

JTrojan
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
chipsmassacreTroy,:wave:
Welcome to the GTT board. Do you work at Fedex?? :scared:

Chippitt
12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
CMU fan here. Don't get too riled up about Chipsmassacre, I don't believe the majority of Chippewa fans share his opinions. I look forward to our game and think that it will be a good one.

As to the FAU game - I was there and we lost it. No excuses (flu, injuries) - we lost. That said, I think that our team this year is FAR superior to the team that we sent to Detroit last year, so don't put too much stock in it. The defense has improved dramatically over last year and the offense is usually very strong.

Good luck to you. I hope you guys check out our board on Scout. A few have been there already and aside from a few people (there's a few in every crowd, right?), I think you will find the fans on our board to be all right.

Chippitt
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Central Michigan was the doormat of Michigan football schools for a very, very long time. If anyone say's different they are full of it. From about 1986-2005 they were AWEFUL with the exception of 1 or 2 years. Brian Kelly (Cincy head coach) turned them around.

As a Michigan transplant I understand the challenges of Central Michigan. I was born outside of Mt. Pleasant and my father is a CMU grad. Much like Troy with Bammer and Auburn they are the "forgotten" ones while Michigan and Michigan State are the "Chosen" ones. Michigan get's 110k to football games every week from where...ALL over the state and Michigan is a pretty big state. There is absolutly nothing to do in Michigan except drink, have sex, and watch football and they do not neccessarily do it in that order. Have you ever been to the Upper Pennisula? It's a giant wasteland of ice fishing shantys, snow mobile trails and not much else with the exception of Mackinaw Island. You ever been to Mt. Pleasant? They have a Meyer (our Wall Mart) and everything else is about the same as Troy...with one exception...They have a Tony's (a place that has an awesome breakfast but an even better steak sandwich).

I am of the small group down here that thinks the Michigan/Ohio State game rivals the Bammer/Auburn matchup. It may be even better.

That being said we are playing the Chips. After this year they will be lucky to win 10 games over the next 2 years. Let these little "Chippy's" have some fun up until 5:59" on January 6th. God knows after the whooping Troy lay's on them they wll be banished back to football hell that is known as CMU Football...A place where 5-7 is the norm....:thumb:

Well, your history is a bit off (I won't dignify the rest). CMU joined the MAC in 1975 following their Division II national championship. CMU didn't have a losing season following their entry in the MAC until 1992, I believe it was. CMU had conference championships in 1979, 1980, and two (1989 and 1994) during that period of "awful football" that you described. I will agree that between 1995 and 2005, the program was terrible. The 5-7 record you stated wasn't the norm during those years - that would have been a GOOD season. I returned to a few games during the bad years and they were sparsely attended, the product was horrible and it had the ambiance of a morgue. Luckily, Brian Kelly turned things around in 2005. As to being the doormats of Michigan football, you must have us mistaken with Western (last won the conference in 1988) or Eastern (1987).

Good luck to your Trojans. I look forward to a good game.

Lowbacca
12-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. We have a saying here: If ya don't like the weather, just wait a few days.

OwlFamily
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
You lost to the #4 team of the Sunbelt FAU last year in Detroit.

Quit running your mouth.

And you'll lose to a SunBelt team again just like last years.

FAU's got your back Trojans.

WhoaNellie!!!
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
fireup89,

Whatever the weather is in Mobile on January 6th, it will be much milder than what it will be in Mt. Pleasant. We could be in the middle of a heatwave with temps in the 70s during the day and 40s at night or we could have Alabama blizzard-like conditions with highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. I look for somewhere in between.

Mobile is a great town with some of the best southern/seafood cuisine that can be found anywhere.

Navarre Trojan
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM

AHHHhhhhh to be young again!

redwave
12-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Hey CHIP

Just kidding! Welcome to the board. I have respect for you and your team and a whole bunch of respect for the Chippewas. Long live the memory of the great American Indian Tribes.:wave:

redwave
12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Rivals.com has ranked the GMAC bowl # 15 out of 34 bowls. This should be a great game for both programs.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
chipsmassacreTroy,:wave:
Welcome to the GTT board. Do you work at Fedex?? :scared:

No. Do people even work in Alabama or do they still piss and moan about the beat down we issued you in the Civil War?

BleedingCardinal
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
No. Do people even work in Alabama or do they still piss and moan about the beat down we issued you in the Civil War?

Are we really about to get into the Civil War days here? :censored:

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Are we really about to get into the Civil War days here? :censored:

Hmmmm, still seems to be a sore issue...

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 04:16 PM

WOW, Chip you are a sad excuse for a fan, if another Troy fan acted the way you do I would reccomend a swift kick in the gonads, for you I think you are just simply going to get the ignore button....

To take a football game and start to bring race and wars into it, it not only disrespectful but childish.

JTrojan
12-07-2009, 04:19 PM

Are you sure you are not posting this from work at FedEx???? :scared:
:confused::confused-smiley-004:wave:

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM

what unit were you in?

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
WOW, Chip you are a sad excuse for a fan, if another Troy fan acted the way you do I would reccomend a swift kick in the gonads, for you I think you are just simply going to get the ignore button....

To take a football game and start to bring race and wars into it, it not only disrespectful but childish.

Oh you Troy fans, learn to take a joke. I didn't realize that a bunch of women from Troy posted on these boards.

newnan trojan
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
ChipsmassacreTroy will find himself talking to almost no one here in a few days....With his talk everyone will just end up hitting the Ignore button on him like im fixing to do, because he talks about everything but football...Fact is Troy and CMU are about on the same level as of right now...MAC and Sunbelt are equal conferences....I dont care that you had 1,000 more fans per game than we did....I dont care who won the cival war, I dont CARE!

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
ChipsmassacreTroy will find himself talking to almost no one here in a few days....With his talk everyone will just end up hitting the Ignore button on him like im fixing to do, because he talks about everything but football...Fact is Troy and CMU are about on the same level as of right now...MAC and Sunbelt are equal conferences....I dont care that you had 1,000 more fans per game than we did....I dont care who won the cival war, I dont CARE!

Maybe you should actually read some of the threads I've posted on here compared to everyone from Troy's. I'm sure you'll find football talk. All my other responses are dealing with the reverse trolls. Have a great day!

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
i still want to know what unit he served in for the Union. :rolleyes:

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh you Troy fans, learn to take a joke. I didn't realize that a bunch of women from Troy posted on these boards.

We have Mr. HO we know jokes, we dont understand Jack A$$es, you come on here claiming to want to talk football but all you have is that youa re in the MAC, you act like you are SEC or something, your team won't even play an SEC school, you play the Pu$$y 10 and the Big "Joke" 10 teams.

Realise at one point Timmy Chang was a record holder for passing, oh yeah so was Graham Harrell, hhmmm Detmer, wow and all these QB's either sucked at the next level or didn't even get a shot!!

So come with something productive or can it, your defense give up 30 or 40 some yards less per game?? We put up 70 yards more per game then you easily making up for that, and WOW you score .1 points per game more!!

Come on here and bring it or shut it!!! You are a Troll if no one else will say it I will, I am going to feed you one last time, come on here and be a fan and come with logical football talk or go fail your basket weaving final.

chipsmassacretroy
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
We have Mr. HO we know jokes, we dont understand Jack A$$es either, you come on here claiming to want to talk football but all you have is that youa re in the MAC, you act like you are SEC or something, your team won't even play an SEC school, you play the Pu$$y 10 and the Big "Joke" 10 teams.

Realise at one point Timmy Chang was a record holder for passing, oh yeah so was Graham Harrell, hhmmm Detmer, wow and all these QB's either sucked at the next level or didn't even get a shot!!

So come with something productive or can it, your defense give up 30 or 40 some yards less per game?? We put up 70 yards more per game then you easily making up for that, and WOW you score .1 points per game more!!

Come on here and bring it or shut it!!! You are a Troll if no one else will say it I will, I am going to feed you one last time, come on here and be a fan and come with logical football talk or go fail your basket weaving final.

You people aren't worth my time. Peace out. Oh and wasket weaving, seriously. I have more intelligence in my pinky toe than the collective intelligence of everyone from Troy.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
You are definately proving it with your informative presence!

The Messenger
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
You people aren't worth my time. Peace out. Oh and wasket weaving, seriously. I have more intelligence in my pinky toe than the collective intelligence of everyone from Troy.

That's original.

troyw
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Until you've lived in the South, you will never understand the sore that was the Civil War.

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe you should actually read some of the threads I've posted on here compared to everyone from Troy's. I'm sure you'll find football talk. All my other responses are dealing with the reverse trolls. Have a great day!

You made an idiots entrance on this board and you know it. Don't ask for respect now. You won't get and you don't deserve it. Go back to the U.P. and freeze ey.

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM

when was your most recent trip down to Troy? i was just wondering, since your statement clearly indicates you are an expert on all that is Troy.

newnan trojan
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Well chipsmassacretroy logged off! He will bash us and try to degrade us but when we throw it back at him he gets all pissed off and leaves! typical

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I am just looking through any notable alumni from CMU, and was suprised to find some interesting people, a few very smart people... I say few cause there aren't many at all:

**** Enberg, Clark Howard, Jeff Daniels, Norman A. Schwartz, Tom Crean and John Grogan.

Now let's look at Troy Shall we:

Tom Foreman, James A. Roy, William G. Gregory, Manuel H. Johnson, Kevin Kregel, Bobby Bright

Looking at those two lists I see a number of entertainers and a few politicians from CMU, and Troy has ASTRONAUTS!!! Us dumb rednecks can't do anything right, except go to outer frickin space!!

We didn't even mention our NFL Pedigree and our not so proud reality TV pedigree, mainly suvivor 2 champs from TU. So don't give us how smart you are when the best you have is people like Jeff Daniels in DUMB & DUMBER!

fireup89
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Amy Roloff, the mother in TLC's "Little People, Big World" is a CMU grad. If you ever catch the show, she and her children are usually wearing at least one thing CMU every episode.

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Amy Roloff, the mother in TLC's "Little People, Big World" is a CMU grad. If you ever catch the show, she and her children are usually wearing at least one thing CMU every episode.

that's pretty cool. :thumb:

pelliott
12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Jeff Daniels was great in Dumb & Dumber - Classic.

Who is the survivor winner from Troy?

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
the Drinkard kid, right?

littlebittyschool
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Don't even get us started on Troy's long list of reality show contestants (and winners!)

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
there's some female comic, who is very easy on the eyes i might add, that's from Troy. what's her name?

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
The two suvivor winners are
Vecepia Towery, contestant and winner of Survivor: Marquesas
James "J.T." Thomas, Jr., contestant and winner of "Survivor: Tocantins"

The comedienne
Lynne Koplitz

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x186/kindtongue/lynne-koplitz.jpg

HOTTIE!!!

TroJam
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
There's Barry Diamond who starred The Bachelor with Tom Hanks and...that's all I got.

CMichFan
12-07-2009, 09:08 PM
The two suvivor winners are
Vecepia Towery, contestant and winner of Survivor: Marquesas
James "J.T." Thomas, Jr., contestant and winner of "Survivor: Tocantins"

The comedienne
Lynne Koplitz

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x186/kindtongue/lynne-koplitz.jpg

HOTTIE!!!

:thumb: :thumb:

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I didn't realize that a bunch of women from Troy posted on these boards.

Just so you know, some of us are women and are proud we KNOW Troy football. :thumb:

SOTSButterfly
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Just so you know, some of us are women and are proud we KNOW Troy football. :thumb:

Oh but wait...we're not women since we use bad language sometimes. :tongue:

I'm a Troy football fan, no matter my gender!!!

TroyTrojanNYC
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Say what you want about "chipsmassacretroy" - but he got a (so far) 14-page thread outta this board's posters, didn't he? LOL.

Fun stuff.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Say what you want about "chipsmassacretroy" - but he got a (so far) 14-page thread outta this board's posters, didn't he? LOL.

Fun stuff.

He can go into the TROLL HOF but other than that he is a waste!

sasquatch67
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM

Are u really goin there.Has the conversation gotten so bad we talk about indians redneks and the civil war. Just some advice,not a threat at all but you dont want to say things like that around drunk rednecks in alabama.You dont have a clue do ya??I take it you wont be in Mobile better yet introduce yourself as your screen name talkin like that.. Lets keep it at this .....You guys have a very good program.....(you said you havent heard of us but I bet you have.)We have a solid program too....We both have pride and believe in our guys... lets dont insult each other and have a healthy conversation!!!!

sasquatch67
12-08-2009, 01:06 AM

Read your first post on the thread . You strted this trainwreck!!:mad:

FHTROJAN11
12-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I do believe that Amber Lake winner of Rock of Love Season 2, a reality show featuring Brett Micheals, went to Troy University.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2853256051_b1dc671e4e.jpg

PCTrojan
12-08-2009, 01:36 AM
I do believe that Amber Lake winner of Rock of Love Season 2, a reality show featuring Brett Micheals, went to Troy University.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2853256051_b1dc671e4e.jpg

WOW if you r right and I am drunk I LOVE YOU TY

I AM IN!!

BleedingCardinal
12-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Yea, Amber received her bachelor's from TROY.

Room Guy
12-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Has history revision gotten so bad in Michigan that they're teaching kids that the Civil War was fought between Central Michigan and Troy?

JPSousa1898
12-08-2009, 03:15 AM
I think it's appropriate to say here that the Battle of the Bands will not be much of a challenge for the Sound of the South.

No one hears the SOTS without saying something good unless they went to Jacksonville State, and even then I've been able to get some of them to admit it's mostly just old blood from the rivalry.

SOTS > Chippewa Marching Band. No question.

Besides, Dr. Long is THE Legend and few band directors have matched or exceeded him, especially those younger than he.

troy4ever21
12-08-2009, 03:24 AM
You sir get a gold star! :thumb:

tsu00
12-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Yea, Amber received her bachelor's from TROY.

Is this the sort of thing we should be proud of?

Florida_Trojan
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
And you'll lose to a SunBelt team again just like last years.

FAU's got your back Trojans.

Remember, he flip-flopped on that issue. He "didn't care" then "definitely cared." Wonder how he feels about it, today? Next, he will probably "defiantly not care?"

sasquatch67
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
is this the sort of thing we should be proud of?

nope!!

FireUpChips89
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
This is quite the thread lmao, sorry about all this from a true CMU fan.

JPSousa1898
12-09-2009, 01:09 AM
This is quite the thread lmao, sorry about all this from a true CMU fan.

FireUp... we love real, true fans at Troy and we welcome ANY of you to experience some TRUE Southern and Trojan hospitality when you come to Mobile. There's a lot of GREAT seafood there and the Trojan faithful won't steer you wrong with where to eat there. We hope you love the SOTS too. The SOTS has made more friends for Troy than anyone ever has. It's one Trojan tradition that everyone is either jealous of or tries to copy. Anyway, welcome to all the true CMU fans and we hope that you have as much fun in Mobile as we will! BLOW SOTS!

Trojanfilmer
12-09-2009, 03:33 PM

I guess you missed it when Troy upset Miss State, Marshall, Oklahoma State or when we took Georgia, Florida State, and LSU into the 4th quarter.