PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is a fraud!

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I've been watching the bowl selection special where they will "break down ALL of the bowl matchups" for almost 2 and a half hours now.

They are playing the Saban interview for the third or fourth time. They have shown the highlights from the Texas and Bama games from yesterday countless times. They've went over the other BCS games several times too. They've spent about 2 minutes each on maybe a half dozen or so of the other games involving AQ schools, mostly ones from the SEC.

The did have a shot of Temple players and fans excited about the Eaglebank bowl, but never discussed it that I saw. That's been it as far as the littlebittys go (at least from what I have seen).

I feel like freakin' Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and ESPN is Lucy continually snatching it out of the way just before I kick it. Over and over they kick me in the nads but yet I keep watching it like some abused dog just hoping it's owner will toss it a table scrap or two.

They're not even trying any more to hide where their bread is buttered. ESPN college football "coverage" has basically just became a continus commercial for their family of network's next "big game". The weekday games have are just infomercials for the weekend ones and the scoreboard and "breakdown" shows are a total farce.

I guess "breaking down every bowl" consists of just running the leading passer and rusher stats for each team along the bottom quarter of the screen. Disgusting. Now watch them try to squeeze in the two dozen bowls they didn't mention in the first 2 and a half hours in the last 30 minutes.

troy4ever
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
ESPN has too much power in college football period.

Mike Cunningham
12-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Funny you just posted this. I literally just turned off the tv because of their 'coverage'.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
I've been watching the bowl selection special where they will "break down ALL of the bowl matchups" for almost 2 and a half hours now.

They are playing the Saban interview for the third or fourth time. They have shown the highlights from the Texas and Bama games from yesterday countless times. They've went over the other BCS games several times too. They've spent about 2 minutes each on maybe a half dozen or so of the other games involving AQ schools, mostly ones from the SEC.

The did have a shot of Temple players and fans excited about the Eaglebank bowl, but never discussed it that I saw. That's been it as far as the littlebittys go (at least from what I have seen).

I feel like freakin' Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and ESPN is Lucy continually snatching it out of the way just before I kick it. Over and over they kick me in the nads but yet I keep watching it like some abused dog just hoping it's owner will toss it a table scrap or two.

They're not even trying any more to hide where their bread is buttered. ESPN college football "coverage" has basically just became a continus commercial for their family of network's next "big game". The weekday games have are just infomercials for the weekend ones and the scoreboard and "breakdown" shows are a total farce.

I guess "breaking down every bowl" consists of just running the leading passer and rusher stats for each team along the bottom quarter of the screen. Disgusting. Now watch them try to squeeze in the two dozen bowls they didn't mention in the first 2 and a half hours in the last 30 minutes.

I tuned out a long time ago too. They didn't have anything to say about any of the teams from the Mountain West either except for TCU. Apparently, you and Coach Saban share an irritability with this media outlet. :)

Psitech
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Well I just officially waisted 3 hours of my life. Three frigin hours and they didn't mention all of the bowls, but they had time to play the Saban interview 4 times. Wow! :censored:

DedicatedTrojan84
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
That pissed me off. What a joke.

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
same here, totally disgusted, I was thinking man how much crap can you talk about in 3 hours for Alacrapa and the Donghorns? are we gonna do analysis on their bowl movements too??? ESPN stinks!

Trojanman
12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
We all need to send a nasty email to the stinking four letter network! I am so ticked off that I wasted my time watching the Bama and Texas love-fest. I thought we would get at least a mention during the bowl announcement special.

CMichFan
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
We all need to send a nasty email to the stinking four letter network! I am so ticked off that I wasted my time watching the Bama and Texas love-fest. I thought we would get at least a mention during the bowl announcement special.

Glad I didn't waste mine, from what I'm hearing. I have yet to see one CMU fan say that we got any time. :censored: ESPN!

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Any email addy's to send them to?

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
We weren't alone my "midmajor" friend. About 40 other schools didn't get their 15 seconds of fame either.

How you can go through 3 hours of "coverage" with 68 teams to talk about and give 58 of them less than 15 minutes of time is deplorable.

Like I said, they're not even trying to cover up their agenda any more.

Trojanman
12-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Not that I think it will do any good, but I did let them know of my disappointment with their lousy Bowl Announcement Special. It was special alright... it especially sucked!!!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/contactncement

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Not that I think it will do any good, but I did let them know of my disappointment with their lousy Bowl Announcement Special. It was special alright... it especially sucked!!!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/contactncement

That link didn't work for me. Try this one. I already sent mine in.

https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

FloriTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:07 AM
And some of you wonder why I complain and rag about the fact that we and other Sun Belt, MAC and CUSA brethren ***** ourselves out to this garbage network for some infomercial-quality time on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Just say no!

1motime
12-07-2009, 12:18 AM
And some of you wonder why I complain and rag about the fact that we and other Sun Belt, MAC and CUSA brethren ***** ourselves out to this garbage network for some infomercial-quality time on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Just say no!

Follow the money and you will eventually understand.

FloriTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:42 AM
It's not for the money and you don't understand. Troy makes squat on those games. Loo at the advertising associated with those weeknight games and you will see it is filler stuff that goes for late-night rates. That's because the ratings are abysmal.

The only way to make money is to get high ratings. That does not happen on those nights and barely happens on weekends.

1motime
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM

Dec. 6th, Birmingham New, Jon Solomon

Confused? So is Troy, which had been working under the impression that the Sun Belt champion always goes to New Orleans.

Troy has re-learned the one lesson to remember in bowl season: ESPN and ticket sales, not wins and losses, dictate bowl match ups.

SOTSButterfly
12-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Blah! Glad I decided not to watch anymore once I saw the ticker at the bottom showing us in the GMAC Bowl. I made a better use of my time watching a movie with the hubby.

Stupid ESPN. :mad:

TroyTrojans2003
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
, we need to spread the word to others in numbers. EMAIL ESPN EVERYONE I cant stand this crap of us and many other great teams that get the shaft. I mean if it was just the SEC and Big 12 every year it would be some boring football. Thats why I like college football so much because there are many teams fighting for a goal. But this crap has gone way to far. I wish another network would step up for all of us so called little bitties aka: MAC, Sunbelt, Mountain West, etc etc etc