PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Count

TSU92
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I just got my 4!

Go Trojans!!

FliryVorru
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm ordering 2 on Friday when I get the paycheck!

troy4ever
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Just ordered 2

TFan
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Let''s ROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

GO TROJANS!

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
<<<<<< Ordered 6

TSU92
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
That's 20 so far!

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
20 down...19,980 to go. This thread would be about 15,000 posts long (if it ever got that high).

TFan
12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Gotta start somewhere!

20 down...19,980 to go. This thread would be about 15,000 posts long (if it ever got that high).

TSU92
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
That's good math Ho. Did you use your abacus to figure that one out?

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
That's good math Ho. Did you use your abacus to figure that one out?

As with everything else Mr. Ho has a huge abacus.

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
i ordered my two. happy to be one of the first! we're going to the GMAC! :thumb: hip hip hooray!

95TSUgrad
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
:thumb:

playfailstoogain
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
i got 8.

Trojanfilmer
12-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Ordering 4 for my family at the end of the week. My uncle is going to fly in from Utah and my parents are going to drive down from Enterprise.

TroyBear
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Ordered two but may not get to go... oh well support support support!

Rette
12-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Ordered four on line today. :thumb:

TSU92
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
That's 47 so far from people on this board.

Hemi Man
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Ordered 4 today

troypsiphiguy
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
ordered my 1 last night.

troy77
2 for the oklahoma trojans

Trojan_euph07
at the press conference today they said 800 had been sold in the first few hours

TSU92
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM
That's sounds like a great start. We have 54 now from people on this board. I was just interested to see how many tickets would be sold to people on here.

troy4ever21
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
You've got the two tickets my parents will be buying! And hopefully they can convince my grandparents in coming to the game, so it could be 4! :thumb:

SOTS 86-89
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Just bought four. If I could only be there!!!

Burn the Horse
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
i bought 2 last night.

PCTrojan
12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
4 Tickets for our household

CHughes1102
12-07-2009, 10:00 PM
We got 2!!

Pcbtrojan
12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
5 bought

Mike Cunningham
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Great job members of GoTroyTrojans.com!!! I would like to put a plea to the membership to buy an extra ticket and donate to the SOTS. If you can't make the game at all (like me) then I would encourage you to buy one ticket (at least) and donate it to the SOTS.

The SOTS have to pay for their tickets. Therefore this is a huge expense for the SOTS. If we the membership and Trojan family buy one (or more) tickets and donate it to the SOTS then they don't have to expense that tickets AND TROY gets credit for the purchase through the ticket office.

It really is a win-win situation.

Keep up the good work and as always....

GO TROJANS!!!

BleedingCardinal
12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Great job members of GoTroyTrojans.com!!! I would like to put a plea to the membership to buy an extra ticket and donate to the SOTS. If you can't make the game at all (like me) then I would encourage you to buy one ticket (at least) and donate it to the SOTS.

The SOTS have to pay for their tickets. Therefore this is a huge expense for the SOTS. If we the membership and Trojan family buy one (or more) tickets and donate it to the SOTS then they don't have to expense that tickets AND TROY gets credit for the purchase through the ticket office.

GO TROJANS!!!

The SOTS seriously has to pay for their tickets? Where did you hear this?

FliryVorru
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
The SOTS seriously has to pay for their tickets? Where did you hear this?

The SOTS has to pay for tickets a lot of places it goes, especially the out of conference games. It's a large portion of the budget.

TSU92
12-07-2009, 10:14 PM
That's 73!!

Mike,
How would we go about doing that? Would we need to call the ticket office? Can you purchase them student tickets or do you have to buy them full price tickets?
I can't believe they don't let the bands in without tickets. Maybe the businesses in Mobile that MobileBama was talking about that get a lot of tickets would donate some to them to the band.

trojanbrutha
12-07-2009, 10:14 PM

GO TROJANS!!!

Not sure if I'll be able to donate anything until after Christmas, but are the SOTS allowed to get student tix?

Mike Cunningham
12-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Not sure about the student tix. I would assume no.

I too was shocked that SOTS had to buy tickets.

I would work through Joan Hazel in the ticket office to donate them back. I emailed her with my order and told her to put the ticket to SOTS and send the '100 Years' print to me!

SOTSButterfly
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
at the press conference today they said 800 had been sold in the first few hours

Goodness. If this is true, I wonder if it's already too late to be in the first 1,000 to get the print?

SOTS 86-89
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Goodness. If this is true, I wonder if it's already too late to be in the first 1,000 to get the print?

I would think that several of those first 800 tickets were multiple purchases. I'm hoping I got my order in early enough to get the print since I can't go to the game.

Vegas-Trojan1995
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
I got my one!! Vegas to Mobile 5 Jan, and absolutely can't wait! GO TROY and BLOW SOTS!!

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Just bought our two. I wish I had spare money to donate for more tickets. I WILL do that one day, when I can. I love my SOTS.

MusicMan
12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
gonna buy two or three, depending on how many ppl go...hmm....guess I gotta break out my wallet to help my SOTS out

tenaciousT
12-08-2009, 01:43 AM
i havent bought my tickets yet, still tryin to figure out how many is in my group

but...

i called the ticket office today and told them i wanted to buy a ticket and donate it back to school. The lady that answered the phone, not Joan (i would assume multiple people working the phones!) said that they were gonna give the donated tickets to the band... and i made sure to get the print sent to me!

trojanblood
12-08-2009, 02:08 AM
I just ordered my two tickets through the school

Hector
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I've got 2.

FWB Trojan
12-08-2009, 08:48 AM
4 tics

JonesOxygen
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Got my 4

Navarre Trojan
12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I need some GTT membership help!

I am buying 8 tickets which is the max I can buy and not lose my seating priority - which is a benefit based on your level of giving towards your seat assignment for bowl games and I intend to take full advantage of.

I spoke with Joan Hazel yesterday regarding SOTS tickets and asked if they got the student price. Afterall they are students. I sent her an email to remind her and have yet to hear back. I think we will get them in at the student price.

However, I have spoken to friends at Keesler AFB and Pensacola NAS and these folks tell me that they get FREE GMAC Tickets every year (General Admission) to give away to anyone that wants them. Well if that is the case, I pose this to everyone (1) If they are giving seats away to 'outlying' communities (I now understand the crowds being bigger in Mobile) why wouldn't they give these to the participating schools? (2) if the GMAC isn't willing to do that to the participating bands, why can't we get the GA tickets for the bands to use?

AS SOON AS I (OR ANYONE ELSE) HEAR BACK FROM JOAN PLEASE POST THE ANSWER ON SOTS TICKETS (PRICE, HOW TO ORDER/DONATE BACK, ETC).

GO TROJANS

TSU92
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
However, I have spoken to friends at Keesler AFB and Pensacola NAS and these folks tell me that they get FREE GMAC Tickets every year (General Admission) to give away to anyone that wants them. Well if that is the case, I pose this to everyone (1) If they are giving seats away to 'outlying' communities (I now understand the crowds being bigger in Mobile) why wouldn't they give these to the participating schools? (2) if the GMAC isn't willing to do that to the participating bands, why can't we get the GA tickets for the bands to use?

GO TROJANS

Looks like they could give tickets to the bands. Its not like they coudn't spare 600 or so seats for the bands.

I want to say the times we were there I saw where the N.O. Bowl gave tickets to organizations in the community also. I am sure this is probably standard practice for smaller bowls to try to raise attendance. The difference being, the folks from around Mobile will probably show up where alot of those in N.O. probably didn't.

We are up to 98 tickets!

troy4ever21
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
To All Students:

The Division of Student Services will be offering a complimentary shuttle service to the GMAC Bowl Game on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 to watch the Trojans take on Central Michigan. The shuttles will leave Troy from the Trojan Arena parking lot at 10:00 a.m. on January 6, 2010. The buses will make stop for lunch just north of Mobile. Students will be responsible for the cost of their lunch at one of the restaurants at this exit. Following lunch, the buses will travel to Ladd-Peebles Stadium for pre-game activities and the game. The buses will leave immediately following the game from the bus parking location and return to Troy.

To sign up for the shuttle service, you may email Teresa Wares at twares@troy.edu or Maria Frigge at lfrigge@troy.edu. You may also call the Student Services Office at 670-3202 or 670-3203 to sign up. Space will be limited so it is important you sign up as early as possible. Sign-ups will continue until all buses are filled.

You must purchase your ticket for the game through the Troy University Athletic Department for $15.00 prior to the game with your student ID card. Go Trojans!

H. Reeves

Herbert Reeves
Dean of Student Services

troy4ever
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
To All Students:

The Division of Student Services will be offering a complimentary shuttle service to the GMAC Bowl Game on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 to watch the Trojans take on Central Michigan. The shuttles will leave Troy from the Trojan Arena parking lot at 10:00 a.m. on January 6, 2010. The buses will make stop for lunch just north of Mobile. Students will be responsible for the cost of their lunch at one of the restaurants at this exit. Following lunch, the buses will travel to Ladd-Peebles Stadium for pre-game activities and the game. The buses will leave immediately following the game from the bus parking location and return to Troy.

To sign up for the shuttle service, you may email Teresa Wares at twares@troy.edu or Maria Frigge at lfrigge@troy.edu. You may also call the Student Services Office at 670-3202 or 670-3203 to sign up. Space will be limited so it is important you sign up as early as possible. Sign-ups will continue until all buses are filled.

You must purchase your ticket for the game through the Troy University Athletic Department for $15.00 prior to the game with your student ID card. Go Trojans!

H. Reeves

Herbert Reeves
Dean of Student Services

That is GREAT news. It really looks like the university is doing it's best to go ALL OUT for this game. This is the kind of drive we've needed to see from the leadership of the university for years. Now let's just hope the students actually respond.

troy4ever21
12-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh by the way, I'm buying my ticket! Even though I'm in the Sound I'm gonna buy mine and support the University! :thumb:

I'll probably give it to a fellow student that isn't in the band.

Trojan1998
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM

playfailstoogain
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I need some GTT membership help!

I am buying 8 tickets which is the max I can buy and not lose my seating priority - which is a benefit based on your level of giving towards your seat assignment for bowl games and I intend to take full advantage of.

I spoke with Joan Hazel yesterday regarding SOTS tickets and asked if they got the student price. Afterall they are students. I sent her an email to remind her and have yet to hear back. I think we will get them in at the student price.

AS SOON AS I (OR ANYONE ELSE) HEAR BACK FROM JOAN PLEASE POST THE ANSWER ON SOTS TICKETS (PRICE, HOW TO ORDER/DONATE BACK, ETC).

GO TROJANS

Navarre,
I dont think your souces have that exactly correct. I believe those tickets are part of a buy and donate program offered to some of the bowls sponsors as part of thier sponsorship package. They aren't giving away tickets - they were bought and donated by the purchaser to go towards those bases (that is my understanding) - this isnt a UAB home game we're talking about....
This is a well run bowl that has had good payouts and community support in the past - i dont think that will change greatly this year.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh by the way, I'm buying my ticket! Even though I'm in the Sound I'm gonna buy mine and support the University! :thumb:

I'll probably give it to a fellow student that isn't in the band.

You are a very generous person and this seems to be a great idea. Any other members that are able to help their fellow students and the school should try to do something similar or the same. :thumb:

troy4ever21
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/nhs_bandgeek07/image001.jpg

NAMEUHPETE
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Got our five (Thanks Lucy!) Good setup, she picks them up, I pay.....

Mr. Ho
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
One thing for sure, we will win the hottest babes battle. Mr. Ho can't see Directional Michigan bringing down very much talent.

To be continued...

MusicMan
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
One thing for sure, we will win the hottest babes battle. Mr. Ho can't see Directional Michigan bringing down very much talent.

To be continued...

Do you think about nothing but girls and booze Ho, this is a thread for tickets for crying out loud!

TSU92
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Up to 105 now!

Mr. Ho
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Do you think about nothing but girls and booze Ho, this is a thread for tickets for crying out loud!

Pretty much girls, booze, TMTDM and depending on the day maybe not in that order. there might be few other minor thing that are important.

TroyTuba
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
You do your thing Ho, you are still 'da man!!!!

trojan02
12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I was going to by 4 tickets today, but it asks you to put ticket holders names before you buy them. I'm not exactly sure who all is coming with me yet, so can I just put my name for all 4 tickets or will they check this at the gate?

ryan7907
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
6 students, 3 alumni in my group

Bubba the Trojan
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Just bought 2. For what it's worth, I was booking a hotel room and was told that though the hotel does not offer shuttle service to the game, the City of Mobile offers shuttle service from the downtown area to the stadium. The person I was speaking with stated that though this had not been confirmed for this year's game, this service has been offered for all previous GMAC bowls and round trip price has been $10. If this works anywhere near as smoothly as the shuttle service for the FSU game a couple of years ago, this will be SWEET. No traffic troubles and curb side service.

SOTSButterfly
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Just bought 2. For what it's worth, I was booking a hotel room and was told that though the hotel does not offer shuttle service to the game, the City of Mobile offers shuttle service from the downtown area to the stadium. The person I was speaking with stated that though this had not been confirmed for this year's game, this service has been offered for all previous GMAC bowls and round trip price has been $10. If this works anywhere near as smoothly as the shuttle service for the FSU game a couple of years ago, this will be SWEET. No traffic troubles and curb side service.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Mr. Ho
12-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I was going to by 4 tickets today, but it asks you to put ticket holders names before you buy them. I'm not exactly sure who all is coming with me yet, so can I just put my name for all 4 tickets or will they check this at the gate?

Dude, just put your name down and get all if the tickets. If you are lucky maybe some hottie will be crying outside the gate because she lost her ticket on Dauphine Street the night before. You'll be her hero and get married 6 months later.

Hemi Man
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Dude, just put your name down and get all if the tickets. If you are lucky maybe some hottie will be crying outside the gate because she lost her ticket on Dauphine Street the night before. You'll be her hero and get married 6 months later.

Unless he is married and then that would mean the entire side of the Renaissance Riverview Hotel he is staying in would be demolished.

YJason
12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
2 here. And I know someone who is wanting to ditch tickets for Pasadena to go to Mobile.

Pensacola Kid
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
2 here. And I know someone who is wanting to ditch tickets for Pasadena to go to Mobile.

I know someone looking for tickets to Pasadena. PM me if you are serious.

trojanbrutha
12-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Captain Save A Ho-ttie? :rollinglaugh:

TSU92
12-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Spiritual_Trojan
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
I got two tickets today donated one back to the school and the other's a Christmas present for my mom. :thumb:

While I was there I asked the guy about how many we had sold so far he said prob a lil bit over 1000 I went by about 10:30 this morn.

honestjarvis
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Got my 5. Ask everyone that you know if they have purchased their ticket/tickets yet. Don't know how many CMU will bring but it sure would be nice to pack in about 30-35 thousand. GO TROY!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina Trojan
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Bought 3 today.

TSU92
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
That's 132 sold to people on this board so far.

Fuzzy1
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Add 4 more to tickets bought

troyw
12-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Ordered 1 more.

FoulPolePhenom
12-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Six in my group, plus about ten students who I know bought some. So 16

honestjarvis
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Oklahoma Trojan, my daughter graduated from OU, I graduated from Troy, and my sons both graduate from Troy next year. Naturally, she is a huge Sooner fan, but the rest of the family all about the Trojans. Got my tickets, we will see ya'll in Mobile.

GO TROJANS

RedWave68
12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Just bought my 10.

nohuddle
12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
2 for me. Burning rubber to get there after work, likely arriving during 1st quarter, hope there's still somewhere to park.

TSU92
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Pensacola Kid
12-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Anyone have an update on total TROY ticket office sales?

CHughes1102
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Anyone have an update on total TROY ticket office sales?

I would like to know as well

Navarre Trojan
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
not near enough! Keep pushing!

Pensacola Kid
12-11-2009, 07:19 AM
10-Dec-09 Troy athletic director Steve Dennis pointed out Mobile and other areas along the Gulf Coast are home to many Troy alumni and playing in the GMAC Bowl plays well into that market. The sale of student tickets for the GMAC Bowl in just three days has already surpassed the total number of student tickets sold for Troy's two previous New Orleans Bowl appearances.

yeahIwin
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
10-Dec-09 Troy athletic director Steve Dennis pointed out Mobile and other areas along the Gulf Coast are home to many Troy alumni and playing in the GMAC Bowl plays well into that market. The sale of student tickets for the GMAC Bowl in just three days has already surpassed the total number of student tickets sold for Troy's two previous New Orleans Bowl appearances.

So much for the theory the students wouldn't go since it wasn't in NOLA.

CHughes1102
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
So much for the theory the students wouldn't go since it wasn't in NOLA.

Yeah I knew that theory didn't make much sense!!

I have a feeling we are going to flood Mobile with Troy fans!!!

Lucy
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
...The sale of student tickets for the GMAC Bowl in just three days has already surpassed the total number of student tickets sold for Troy's two previous New Orleans Bowl appearances[/B].

I have to give a thumbs up to the university for this one. They have really done a fantastic job of helping students get to Mobile. They've:
1) Pushed the start of classes back
2) Sold tickets at a very reasonable price
3) Worked to get a student discount at a GREAT hotel, and
4) Provided a FREE shuttle service to and from Mobile

I think this speaks volumes. I'm very proud.

svenattroy
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Where do you think the extra days are going to come from since they pushed the start of classes back?

SOTSButterfly
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Where do you think the extra days are going to come from since they pushed the start of classes back?

Maybe they'll tack them on at the end of semester and Summer break will start a little later? Of course, I don't even know if colleges have to have a minimum number of school days like K-12 schools do.

yeahIwin
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM

My guess would be the calendar.

durham1968david
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Will be driving up to Troy Dec. 21st to visit parents and family and will buy 15-20 tickets at the Field House. Lots of friends down here in Mobile with no connection to Troy other than admiration want to go to the game... everybody keep pushing....

msodono17
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
+2

Discophobia
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
We got our 10! I am pumped and ready to go!

svenattroy
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Maybe they'll tack them on at the end of semester and Summer break will start a little later? Of course, I don't even know if colleges have to have a minimum number of school days like K-12 schools do.

If it was a private school, then no. But Troy is public, so they are required to have the same number of school days like the k-12 in the State. I remember in high school for the state playoffs we had a chartered bus, and students were encouraged to go to the game, but school was technically still in session just so we would meet the number of days without having to move the calendar around.

1motime
12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
If the start was not pushed back would there be an issue with scholarships? You have mid-season guys coming and maybe some seniors whose scholarships end this semester? Do the seniors have to be enrolled for the spring semester if the start of the semster is on or before the bowl game?

Just wondering how that works.

trojanbrutha
12-11-2009, 01:53 PM
If the start was not pushed back would there be an issue with scholarships? You have mid-season guys coming and maybe some seniors whose scholarships end this semester? Do the seniors have to be enrolled for the spring semester if the start of the semster is on or before the bowl game?

Just wondering how that works.

If I'm not mistaken, eligibility runs through bowl season. I'm going to see if I can find the answer and post.

1motime
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, eligibility runs through bowl season. I'm going to see if I can find the answer and post.

I don't really can't understand this stuff but I think you are correct. Same as if between semesters.

14.1.10.3 Eligibility for Postseason CompetitionóPostseason Football Bowl Game During an
Institutionís Second Academic Term. [FBS] If an institution is selected to participate in a postseason
bowl game that will occur during the institutionís second regular term (e.g., winter quarter, spring semester)
of the academic year, a student-athleteís eligibility to compete in a bowl game shall be certified consistent
with the standards applicable to postseason competition that occurs between terms (see Bylaws 14.1.10 and
14.1.10.2). However, a student-athlete must meet full-time enrollment requirements applicable to term-time
competition (see Bylaw 14.1.8.2). (Adopted: 4/26/07)

page 134 http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PDF/Division_1_Manual_2008-09e9e568a1-c269-4423-9ca5-16d6827c16bc.pdf

Psitech
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
That must be the reason Calvin won't be able to play in the bowl game.

Nice Trojan
12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Well every year we read about players not being able to play in the bowl game because they didn't meet the academic requirements during the fall term. So it should be able to work in opposite format as well.

But I am actually against Calvin playing. He did nothing to get us there, why reward him by allowing him a bowl game? Let the guys that practiced and played all year reap the rewards. Fuller has a back-up that has been practicing all year waiting for his moment. It just happens to be his turn in a bowl game.

Mr. Ho
12-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Well every year we read about players not being able to play in the bowl game because they didn't meet the academic requirements during the fall term. So it should be able to work in opposite format as well.

But I am actually against Calvin playing. He did nothing to get us there, why reward him by allowing him a bowl game? Let the guys that practiced and played all year reap the rewards. Fuller has a back-up that has been practicing all year waiting for his moment. It just happens to be his turn in a bowl game.

Suppose he went to class to get his grades up just for this? Seems like he stayed active with the team. May a just reward for not quiting. We get all upitty when a player flunks out and isn't eligible. We should thank the kid for trying to help with the APR.

Trojan2003
12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Calvin didn't go to his classes because he had some family issues he had to take care of...

Rette
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
From http://static.mgnetwork.com/dea/content/other/drewchamplinmug.jpg Drew's Blog 12/10/09
Ticket update: Troy has sold more than 700 student tickets, spokesperson Ricky Hazel said. The Trojans have also received more than 350 online orders, but donít have an official count because thereís a high stack of phone orders still to be processed.
Those wishing to order tickets through Troy can stop by the Tine Davis Fieldhouse, order online at TroyTrojans.com or call 1-877-878-9467. The start of the spring semester has been pushed back to Jan. 8 to accommodate those wishing to attend the bowl game.

Get the rest of the Story Here (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/sports/college/troy/article/troy_making_most_of_extra_practices/115052/). :thumb:

TSU92
12-11-2009, 04:27 PM
That's 201 from this board so far

Dothan_Trojan97
12-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Purchased 2 tonight.

troyjohn06
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM
purchasing 6 tonight

PensacolaTrojan
12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
bought 6 the first night, may have at least one to four more.

tenaciousT
12-11-2009, 11:10 PM
my group got 10 tix today.... can't wait for the Trojan Nation to come to Mobile!

CHughes1102
12-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Well guys...looks like we will all have to keep the gameday and game threads up and running from our cell phones haha!!!

troy4ever21
12-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Why?

TroyDrum89
12-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Why?

I guess because everyone on the board will be at the game. :thumb:

BDM88
12-12-2009, 02:09 AM
I Will not. But I will be watching it on the Tube unless it is on ESPN OCHO and I don't have it.

Rette
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I Will not. But I will be watching it on the Tube unless it is on ESPN OCHO and I don't have it.

It is listed on ESPN, so you should be good.:thumb:

Trojans713
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
:wave::wave:Ordered my 4! Also have reservations for two nights at the Riverview and time off from work. All in all, not bad for someone who lives and works in Mobile and gets free tickets to the GMAC Bowl every year. I'm doing my part!

TrojanWarrior418
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
What happened to the guys gripping about not going to New Orleans? Could it be they realized we're going to a better bowl? Or is it we're coming together as a fan base and supporting our Trojans? Either way I want to say way to go guys! Great to see we are winding up on the same page and circling around our University.

I'm very impressed by the great attitudes I've seen here over the past few days, keep it up. I don't know if I can make it to the Bowl Game, but if I can you better believe I'll be cheering my lungs out and if not I'll be keeping most of Elmore County awake cheering for our Trojans.

CHughes1102
12-13-2009, 05:23 PM
What happened to the guys gripping about not going to New Orleans? Could it be they realized we're going to a better bowl? Or is it we're coming together as a fan base and supporting our Trojans? Either way I want to say way to go guys! Great to see we are winding up on the same page and circling around our University.

I'm very impressed by the great attitudes I've seen here over the past few days, keep it up. I don't know if I can make it to the Bowl Game, but if I can you better believe I'll be cheering my lungs out and if not I'll be keeping most of Elmore County awake cheering for our Trojans.

One or two of the people that complained haven't posted since I dont think....either way this is an awesome time to be a Trojan!!!

Mr. Ho
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Mr. Ho MAJOR point about New Orleans Bowl: It where PineBelt Champion told they will go. How many time they move Ohio State or Michigan from Rose Bowl because they go tooo many time in row? Answer: ZERO. So they not want rematch? There was ZERO effort by the PineBelt office to get CDOA to change team. The whole way TMTDM treated stinks, BUT, Mr. Ho fully support TMTDM in Ally Bowl and what should be billed as Mid-Major Championship Game. Mr. Ho go to San Jose Dump Bowl, so Mobile not problem.

TSU92
12-14-2009, 10:38 AM
233 so far!!

Looks like N.O. will be pretty messy to walk around in this weekend. Streets are flooded with more rain on the way.
Hopefully the water will go down by the weekend for the game. I would hate for MTSU & USM fans to have to walk around in waders.:wave:

Hopefully our weather will be good in Mobile.

Spiritual_Trojan
12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
233 so far!!

Looks like N.O. will be pretty messy to walk around in this weekend. Streets are flooded with more rain on the way.
Hopefully the water will go down by the weekend for the game. I would hate for MTSU & USM fans to have to walk around in waders.:wave:

Hopefully our weather will be good in Mobile.

It was like that at the 06 N.O. bowl it poured rain up until the day of the game so we could atleast walk to the Dome with out gettin wet lol

TroyTrojans2003
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
agreed Ho, and where was this crap bowl game when we got snubbed? exactly what I am talking about about, conference champs go to automatic bowl bid, but again, this is the Sunbelt we are talking about. When we start winning out of conference games then we might get a line on ESPN. Dont start your griping either cause most of you know its true. Well lets hope we can go 2-3 for OCG's this year!

yeahIwin
12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
agreed Ho, and where was this crap bowl game when we got snubbed? exactly what I am talking about about, conference champs go to automatic bowl bid, but again, this is the Sunbelt we are talking about. When we start winning out of conference games then we might get a line on ESPN. Dont start your griping either cause most of you know its true. Well lets hope we can go 2-3 for OCG's this year!

comparing the Rose Bowl to the NO Bowl is like comparing a Mercedez to a 1983 Yugo. What you knuckleheads don't get is the GMAC Bowl is BETTER. Far and away better than NOBowl.

1motime
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
comparing the Rose Bowl to the NO Bowl is like comparing a Mercedez to a 1983 Yugo. What you knuckleheads don't get is the GMAC Bowl is BETTER. Far and away better than NOBowl.

http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/disembodied/fullsize/disembodied_4a6b062f6cc39.jpg

Hemi Man
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm sorry that Troy, the SBC, and the GMAC Bowl could not work around your schedule. Better luck next time.

troy4ever21
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Any updates on ticket sales? :thumb:

CHughes1102
12-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Amen to that!! WAAAY better!!! Don't worry...if we went undefeated every year and won the NC every year this guy would be negative about something.

TroyTrojans2003
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
knuckle head huh? so your personally taking a shot at me on this message board? Where is the elite admin. What you jerks dont get is that people give a **** about the NO or GMAC bowl maybe had 2 mins of time on ESPN. Please enlighten me again why this bowl is better...or lets have Ho do it to come down to your level. There is no negativity here your just taking things the wrong way bro. Get on my level seriously LOL

sasquatch67
12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Gmac bowl=better than new orleans bowl

sasquatch67
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
oH YEAH IM SORRY THE "I" FANS DIDNT GET TO GO WHERE THEY WANTED TO GO. *QUE THE SAD SONG*:confused-smiley-004

CHughes1102
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
What you jerks dont get.................There is no negativity here your just taking things the wrong way bro.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/pic3.jpg

TroyTrojans2003
12-14-2009, 04:01 PM
seriously I will be enjoying it with a ton of people over here, on my brand new 52 inch Sony Bravia in HD

sasquatch67
12-14-2009, 04:05 PM
knuckle head huh? so your personally taking a shot at me on this message board? Where is the elite admin. What you jerks dont get is that people give a damn about the NO or GMAC bowl maybe had 2 mins of time on ESPN. Please enlighten me again why this bowl is better...or lets have Ho do it to come down to your level. There is no negativity here your just taking things the wrong way bro. Get on my level seriously LOL

CHILL MAN ITS ONLY A MESSAGE BOARD. TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. IVE TOOK SHOTS AND RECIEVED SHOTS. ITS HOW THESE THINGS WORK. DO LIKE I DID AND GET OVER YOUR TOUGH FACADE AND POST YOUR OPINIONS AND HAVE FUN WITH IT.THAT IS WHY WE ARE ON HERE RIGHT? TO HAVE FUN....... JUST BUY YOUR TICKETS FROM TROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redface:

yeahIwin
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
knuckle head huh? so your personally taking a shot at me on this message board? Where is the elite admin. What you jerks dont get is that people give a damn about the NO or GMAC bowl maybe had 2 mins of time on ESPN. Please enlighten me again why this bowl is better...or lets have Ho do it to come down to your level. There is no negativity here your just taking things the wrong way bro. Get on my level seriously LOL

it was not a shot at you. just an adjective describing how some of us need to move on. Also, college football fans will know "knuckle heads" is what Joe Tiller (former coach at Purdue) called forum people.
as for GMAC being better? the ONLY aspect that isn't better is the venue.
$$$ is better, activities around the game are better and the opponent is better. Also from all accounts more people will be reppin the T-Roy for this game. So yes, its better IMO, care to point out any flaws in my logic?

TroyTrojans2003
12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I want to buy photo shop now LOL, love the pictures!

Burn the Horse
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
http://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dr-evil-zip-it.jpg

everyone taking posts too personally...zip it. final word. :thumb:

Spiritual_Trojan
12-14-2009, 08:46 PM
http://jaypgreene.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dr-evil-zip-it.jpg

everyone taking posts too personally...zip it. final word. :thumb:

For some reason when i looked at the pic i saw the chocolate cupcake on the table.... now i have to find one.... i hate you lol