PDA

View Full Version : Got this email from Dr. Hawkins.

Trojan by Birth
12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
To: Troy University students, faculty, and staff
Re: Bowl game announcement

This afternoon, Troy University accepted an invitation from the GMAC Bowl in Mobile to face Central Michigan University, the champion of the Mid-American Conference, on January 6, 2010, beginning at 6 p.m. at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The GMAC Bowl appearance represents a tremendous opportunity for Troy University, as we become the first team from an Alabama university to play in a Football Bowl Subdivision bowl game in the State of Alabama.

This is an important event in the life of our University, so we are taking several steps to encourage attendance by students, faculty, and staff:
The beginning of classes for the spring term at the Troy Campus will be delayed two days until Friday, January 8, 2010. All other Troy Campus dates associated with spring term, such as drop/add dates and payment dates, remain unchanged.
On January 6, classes will be cancelled at the campuses at Dothan, Montgomery, and Phenix City, plus the Global Campus locations in Georgia and Florida.
All TROY locations will remain open on January 6-7, but any staff member wishing to attend the game will be granted administrative leave, pending supervisor approval, for Wednesday, January 6.

It is imperative that you purchase your tickets through the University. You will save $5 per ticket off the GMAC Bowl price of $45. More important, the only way the University recoups its expenses is through ticket sales. We do not get credit for tickets purchased by Trojan fans directly from the GMAC Bowl or through a third-party online service. In addition, our ticket sales will have a direct effect on future bowl games, as the more tickets we sell, the more attractive we are to bowl organizers. Student tickets are $15. All student tickets must be bought in person from the TROY Athletics Ticket Office and students are required to show University identification. Student tickets will also be on sale Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at the Trojan Center from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.

Faculty and staff have three ways to purchase tickets:
1. Go online to www.TroyTrojans.com and follow the link to purchase your tickets directly. Online ticket orders can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. Call the Troy Athletics Ticket Office at 877-878-9467 to place an order for tickets.
3. Come to the Troy Athletics Ticket Office, located in the Davis Field House, in person and purchase tickets. The Troy Athletics Ticket Office is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday leading up to bowl week.

I look forward to seeing you in Mobile to support our Trojans!

DedicatedTrojan84
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I told yall classes would be canceled. Now others go to work tomorrow and tell the boss man you wont be there. I already took 2 days off because I had a feeling we were headed to Mobile. See yall there.

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
hopefully the SGA will organize a few busses to come down to the game! we need as many students as we can get down here!