PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jon Drinkard -

Trojan1998
02-18-2005, 11:50 AM
2003 Troy alumnus, Bobby Jon Drinkard, survived the first round of cuts on CBS's "Survivor". He was also the first person chosen for one of the two teams.

Bobby Jon's brother, Will, is a current student at Troy. Bobby Jon is living in Los Angeles where he's an aspiring model and waiter for P.F. Chang's. Many will remember Bobby Jon as an SAE at Troy. Here's the link to the Montgomery Advertiser's February 18th article.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV5ONSURVIVOR18.htm

Sarahbelle
02-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I missed it last night, will have to try to catch it next week.

fiesty_red
02-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Can we all agree now that someone from Troy is on Survivor? This has been "news" for about 3 or 4 months now. :roll: Personally, I don't give a rat's behind about reality TV, but I wish him well and hope he's not stuck having to actually eat a rat's behind. :shock:

Bret Hart Owns You
02-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Anyone else think that with a name like "Drinkard" he should be on Real World instead?

Get it? Because they like to drink? I ... oh forget it. :oops:

troymarkus
02-22-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm pulling for him to win! On the other hand...Sarahbelle--you've got some PR work to do for the Mobile area. There is a guy on there from Mobile and man--he set Mobile's image back about 100 years. And he makes Alabama look bad every time he opens his mouth! It's embarrassing!

Sarahbelle
02-22-2005, 09:25 AM
IT says he's from Mobile, but I bet he's from Bayou La Batre or Semmes. I've never heard anything like him in Mobile.

TROYgirl128
02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Didn't he graduate from Charles Henderson? He's living in Los Angeles now "pursuing his modeling career." That's what I'm hearing in Troy; I don't know the guy.

That whole family has a huge connection to Troy. I thought he was from here.

Sarahbelle
02-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Troygirl,

There are 3 Alabamians on this season's Survivor.

Ibreham from Birmingham
James from Mobile
Bobby Jon from Troy

I was referring to James. If you've ever seen Con Air with Nicolas Cage, that's basically James -- a man with an awful southern accent and a wifebeater tanktop.

TROYgirl128
02-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Okay, my bad. I must've missed something, which is easy for me to do.

That's pretty cool that there are 3 Alabamians. That doesn't happen very often. Does anyone know what part of Birmingham Ibrehem is from?

Thanks for the correction Sarah!

Sarahbelle
02-22-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure, but here's a link to his profile:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/survivors/bio/ibrehem.shtml

TROYgirl128
02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh yea...Markus, I totally agree. It's people like him that give non-Alabamians the wrong impression of us all. I hate that. Even in movies, they tend to exaggerate the accent. It makes us all look bad!