PDA

View Full Version : If GMAC, then drive to game and drive back.

Trojan by Birth
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Is anyone else thinking this game will be a day trip?

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
If I am able to go at all it will be drive in, go to game, drive home.

TSU98
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes, it could be a day trip, but a hard one when you have to get up the next day and have one to work at 6:00, get two kids ready for school and get to work yourself by 7:30. That would make for a VERY long day after

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Have a safe trip! I hate that for you, the GMAC has some of the best night before the game action of any bowl game. If you can only do one day off from work then I would say leave as early as possible to get down on the 5th for the night before, stay the night watch the game then drive back. This is rated one of the top bowl games by ESPN every year because of the activities associated with the game. Either way I'll see you there.

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Have a safe trip! I hate that for you, the GMAC has some of the best night before the game action of any bowl game. If you can only do one day off from work then I would say leave as early as possible to get down on the 5th for the night before, stay the night watch the game then drive back. This is rated one of the top bowl games by ESPN every year because of the activities associated with the game. Either way I'll see you there.

What all do they have going on? I will be arriving Tuesday around lunch.

BirminghamTrojan
12-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Probably the same for me. It's not much worse than the trip to Murfreesboro on Thursday night for last year's opener.

Where ever it is... I'll be there.

pkf4troy
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Theres no way I will be missing the activities of this Bowl. This is a great step for this program which is what ALOT of people on this board have been b****ing about for a long time. I have a free bed 45mins away from Mobile but opt to stay were the team will be staying. Some cant do that which is fine but just get there if you can and CHEER LOUD!

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
as long as you buy tickets through the ticket office a day trip is fine...

i am gonna do an 8-12 on tuesday and have plenty of time to enjoy myself before the Mardi Gras parade/fireworks show/pep rally/dauphin street on tuesday night

taking all day on wednesday off and enjoy a day of tailgating before the game and after the game celebrate a Trojan victory on Dauphin street.

take the 1st half of thursday off, to recover, before getting back to work thursday afternoon (or drive back in most cases)

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 06:50 PM
What all do they have going on? I will be arriving Tuesday around lunch.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GMAC FINANICAL SERVICES MAYOR'S LUNCHEON, MOBILE CONVENTION CENTER
12:00 P.M. - A special guest speaker will address city officials, media, corporate sponsors, traveling parties of each Bowl team and other guests at a special banquet. Last years speaker was Super Bowl MVP Phil Simms.
During the banquet The GMAC Bowl along with GMAC Financial Services will honor "Champions of Life". The Champions of Life honor is given to Individuals who have achieved great success through dedication and hard work. They have overcome the many obstacles that have stood in the path of success and have given a great deal back to the community and country.

GREER'S FOOD TIGER MARDI GRAS PARADE
6:30 P.M. - A Mardi Gras Parade will be held in the streets of downtown Mobile starting at 6:30 P.M. 16 Mardi Gras societies will be represented with floats and throws for the crowd. Several local high school marching bands will join the parade, as well as the bands and cheerleaders from each participating Bowl team. A huge crowd is expected to pack the streets of downtown Mobile for this early rendition of the Mardi Gras season.

SPECTRONICS FIREWORKS DISPLAY AND PEP RALLIES
8:30 P.M. - Immediately following the Mardi Gras parade a fireworks display over Mobile River will highlight the festivities and set the tone for both participating universities official pre-game pep rallies.

GMAC BOWL STREET PARTY
Following the fireworks the party will move to Water Street and South Plaza for live music from top Country and R&B acts.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Where are the "Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere" Trojans? Where are the ones support this team in all types of weather...not just fair-weather? Where are the ones that don't just think big, they think "Big-time?" Are there those that would sabotage the efforts to get to the next rung in our proverbial ladder by alienating this program from the new bowl tie-in by talking down on it?

There may be a dislike for this bowl choice by some, but I believe that everyone from the top to the bottom in Trojan Athletics will put their best foot forward and the fanbase needs to do the same, if we're to be taken seriously by others in this state. Can't make much of bid to another conference if you can't travel well in your own state, now can you...?

Kudos to the Trojan Nation...that walk the walk.

troyw
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Where are the "Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere" Trojans? Where are the ones support this team in all types of weather...not just fair-weather? Where are the ones that don't just think big, they think "Big-time?" Are there those that would sabotage the efforts to get to the next rung in our proverbial ladder by alienating this program from the new bowl tie-in by talking down on it?

There may be a dislike for this bowl choice by some, but I believe that everyone from the top to the bottom in Trojan Athletics will put their best foot forward and the fanbase needs to do the same, if we're to be taken seriously by others in this state. Can't make much of bid to another conference if you can't travel well in your own state, now can you...?

Kudos to the Trojan Nation...that walk the walk.

I'm there...actually looking forward to the match-up.

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Right on Brutha! If there ever was a time for us to man up it would be for this unique opportunity to showcase what TROY football is all about in our own state!

svenattroy
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
I would be there "anywhere, anytime, anyplace" but potential jobs and the girlfriend's family in New York prevent me from going. I'm amazed how many people who want Mobile do not understand why some die-hard fans cannot go? Its the same with people who want NO that can't believe Troy would like publicity in the Mobile area.

Ah well, Good Luck Trojans, and hopefully I'll be able to get somewhere up there that will have the game on!

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
The game is on ESPN, I think you might be able to find a place to watch it even in New York.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
The game is on ESPN, I think you might be able to find a place to watch it even in New York.

Do they have cable in Canada? :jester:

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
nobody is questioning loyalties here. everybody understands work.

i think the thing that is getting under everybody's skin the the ones on here completely bashing mobile and GMAC Bowl. And then later we find out that they wont be able to go the GMAC Bowl.

If you can't make it, it sucks, i hate it, but dont bash the city and the bowl just cause you can't make it.

buy a ticket to the game and donate it. that way next year, we might have a shot to make it to an even bigger bowl and we can show that we can fill the spot based on ticket sales. (i know that has nothing to do w/ not going to NOB, but i was just making a point)

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
What is the best ticket office number so I can email it out and put it on my Facebook?

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
What is the best ticket office number so I can email it out and put it on my Facebook?

tickets: 1-877-878-9467
http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&KEY=&ATCLID=941868

FloriTrojan
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
If Troy was scheduled to play for the national championship on a Tuesday night in Arizona, would you be there? If the answer is "yes", then you can figure out a way to get to the Mobile bowl on or before Jan. 6.

Trojan by Birth
12-06-2009, 08:55 PM
If Troy was scheduled to play for the national championship on a Tuesday night in Arizona, would you be there? If the answer is "yes", then you can figure out a way to get the Mobile on or before Jan. 6.

Big difference. I wouldn't normally cheat on my wife, but if Carmen Electra was flirting...

TSU-Baggs
12-06-2009, 08:55 PM
If Troy was scheduled to play for the national championship on a Tuesday night in Arizona, would you be there? If the answer is "yes", then you can figure out a way to get the Mobile on or before Jan. 6.

Amen to that.

FloriTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:11 AM
No difference at all. This will be the biggest game Troy has ever played. It's another step up the ladder of respectability. Jump on and climb with us.

Mobile is not NOLA, but it will be a lot more fun than San Jose, believe me.

1motime
12-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Mobile is not NOLA, but it will be a lot more fun than San Jose, believe me.

But do you know the way?

svenattroy
12-07-2009, 12:22 AM
I wonder if this shows us how important it is -

College Football News says that MTSU is the Sun Belt number 1 and Troy is the replacement for the ACC.

sigh - maybe one day we will get some respect from somebody.

FloriTrojan
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I wonder how many people got that "do you know the way" reference?

FliryVorru
12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder how many people got that "do you know the way" reference?

I'm right there with you.

I'm going back to find some peace of mind in San Jose.... but then again I grew up near San Jose :wave:

trojanbrutha
12-07-2009, 01:02 AM
But do you know the way?

I've been away so long...probably changed a lot, huh?