PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Mobile, Trojans

mobileareatrojan
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Though most people would have loved another fun night on Bourbon Street, celebrating with the team after a big win in the Super Dome, I am confident in relaying that my hometown will be host to the Trojans to play CMU at the GMAC Bowl. (To be announced officially tonight). While I understand everyone's plans will have to change, there is more than enough time for you to reschedule and plan your trip to Mobile in January to cheer on the Trojans. This really will be a great night for Troy, and for Mobile, and we proudly welcome you.

Mobile does an excellent job promoting the game locally, and, with Troy being an in state school, there is the potential for a lot of public support of the game, which translates into larger ticket sales. I can promise you that the bowl does an excellent job with week long events, such as Mardi Gras style parades, invite only and open parties, and scholars luncheons. I believe that when we look back, we will see that this selection was a wise one for the GMAC Bowl and Mobile.

There is already a lot of buzz about Troy coming to Mobile, a hot bed of football talent, regardless of what you think about Mobile, as compared to New Olreans (my 2nd favorite city in the US). Bringing the Troy product to a group of people who may not have considered Troy before has more benefit than any payout. Mobile stands ready and willing to host Troy, and I am happy, as an alum, to watch my school impress the nation in a high profile game in a great city in our recruiting back yard.

Congratulations Trojans! Welcome to Mobile.

PCTrojan
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Thank you, as I am excited for this bowl and the chance to play the Chipewas.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
MAT...What a way to start your gtt.com career! Great post and don't let it be your last...welcome aboard!

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I agree with everything you just said! Thank you, I accept this key to the city on behalf of the Trojan nation.

Mike Cunningham
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for coming aboard MobileTrojan.

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
thanks!

I am from the Mobile area and have been to the GMAC bowl 5 or 6 times and have seen how Mobile puts out for this bowl.

There still hasnt been an "official" announcement but i will be excited to have Troy in my backyard!

Go Trojans!

DedicatedTrojan84
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Great post....welcome....Looking forward to playing in state.

pelliott
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks - awesome post

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Giant%20Smile.jpg

TSU-Baggs
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Though most people would have loved another fun night on Bourbon Street, celebrating with the team after a big win in the Super Dome, I am confident in relaying that my hometown will be host to the Trojans to play CMU at the GMAC Bowl. (To be announced officially tonight). While I understand everyone's plans will have to change, there is more than enough time for you to reschedule and plan your trip to Mobile in January to cheer on the Trojans. This really will be a great night for Troy, and for Mobile, and we proudly welcome you.

Mobile does an excellent job promoting the game locally, and, with Troy being an in state school, there is the potential for a lot of public support of the game, which translates into larger ticket sales. I can promise you that the bowl does an excellent job with week long events, such as Mardi Gras style parades, invite only and open parties, and scholars luncheons. I believe that when we look back, we will see that this selection was a wise one for the GMAC Bowl and Mobile.

There is already a lot of buzz about Troy coming to Mobile, a hot bed of football talent, regardless of what you think about Mobile, as compared to New Olreans (my 2nd favorite city in the US). Bringing the Troy product to a group of people who may not have considered Troy before has more benefit than any payout. Mobile stands ready and willing to host Troy, and I am happy, as an alum, to watch my school impress the nation in a high profile game in a great city in our recruiting back yard.

Congratulations Trojans! Welcome to Mobile.

It's official now and looking forward to going to this bowl! Welcome to the board and I agree about how Mobile turns out to support this bowl based on what I have read about and from the comments made by others on here who are from the Mobile area. One question, where would you recommend staying to be in the center of it all, Hamption Inn and Suites downtown historic districe or the The Battle House hotel (I've stayed there before on business, very nice place)?

FloriTrojan
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Now I know why Mobile suddenly rose to the top! Baggs slipped the powers that be some greenbacks!

Seriously, great post, Matt. I hope this bowl represents the start of a new and positive relationship between Troy and Mobile.

It sure could be a real test of whether and how much the bowl really wants the Sun Belt. If Troy does not support this bowl after a 9-3 season and fourth consecutive conference championship, how will the GMAC folks look at our conference for future contracts?

MobileBama
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Both are great hotels and right downtown. I guess price is the only factor. You can't go wrong with either