Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Later today!!!!

T-Roy
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
It is true I am afraid.....

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Great! This will be a great game! And i can go!

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Great, what a sorry @ss game, cant go now, thanks alot SBC for ruining part of my Christmas, enjoy that dump town they call Mobile

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Great, what a sorry @ss game, cant go now, thanks alot SBC for ruining part of my Christmas, enjoy that dump town they call Mobile

With your attitude you won't be missed.

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
With your attitude you won't be missed.

you ain't kidding geez

pelliott
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
TroyTrojan2003 - bad attitude dude - you can still buy tickets and support program

troy145
12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Most of you people really piss me off.

How can you not get stoked about a chance to beat a nationally ranked team (CMU), with a media darling (D. Lefevour), in your home state (Alabama)?

Absolutely unreal. You people just need to admit you want an excuse to go to New Orleans.

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey I'm all for the match up, I'm really looking foward to it, if it's where we go that is

pelliott
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
+1

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Levi gets a chance to showcase his talent, and the rest of the team, against was is easily the most recognizable mid major QB in the nation.

troy145
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Levi gets a chance to showcase his talent, and the rest of the team, against was is easily the most recognizable mid major QB in the nation.

While Trojan "fans" on GTT moan and groan all the way to the draft about missing a chance to play Southwest Central Mississippi Baptist Vocational A&M in New Orleans.

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Pelliot your right dude. Could be worse, we could have alot of Troy/Alabama turd fans buying their little wittle national championship tickets. Jerks are on the band wagon, I hope Alabama gets thier @sses handed to them. Most of them will sell their trailor homes and get rid of their many cases of Jim Beam to head to Pasadena LOL

BleedingCardinal
12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I am stoked about the GMAC bowl! TroyTrojans2003 has been against the GMAC bowl from the get go and has not been afraid to say so in the most negative way possible. When you're so close minded about a topic, generally you won't see the positives that could come from the opposing view.

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Just so you know, the GMAC Bowl is on the first day of school. I bet half the Sound will not be able to go and you will have low student turnout. :mad:

So is this official.....?

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Pelliot your right dude. Could be worse, we could have alot of Troy/Alabama turd fans buying their little wittle national championship tickets. Jerks are on the band wagon, I hope Alabama gets thier @sses handed to them. Most of them will sell their trailor homes and get rid of their many cases of Jim Beam to head to Pasadena LOL

Hate to say it, but I think Bama's gonna get their 13th in Pasadena. Texas' line was horrible against Nebraska, allowing 8 sacks in the game. McCoy threw two or three picks in the game Bama's gonna demolish them

troy145
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Just so you know, the GMAC Bowl is on the first day of school. I bet half the Sound will not be able to go and you will have low student turnout. :mad:

Hasn't the sound missed class before to head to distant away games? Why is this any different? To be honest I think the University will be very understanding if we do wind up heading to Mobile.

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM

No need to worry, the ENTIRE Sound of the South will be there in full force, I promise you

troy145
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Hate to say it, but I think Bama's gonna get their 13th in Pasadena. Texas' line was horrible against Nebraska, allowing 8 sacks in the game. McCoy threw two or three picks in the game Bama's gonna demolish them

I think its great that another Alabama team is playing at the highest level possible. Blind Bama/Auburn hate around here is ridiculous. They are what we want to become as far as level of play and competition is concerned.

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Hasn't the sound missed class before to head to distant away games? Why is this any different? To be honest I think the University will be very understanding if we do wind up heading to Mobile.

Yes we have, but not the first day of school. Personally I don't mind because all my professors give me a syllabus and we leave lol... But a lot of us take Physics and stuff like that and they actually teach the first day of classes.

So I hope that they cancel classes that day or move the first day of school to the 7th instead.

Oh and yet again, is this official? No need to be flapping our traps if this isn't official. :thumb:

TroyOi

Trust me, Dr. Jack will make sure this is not an issue.

Pcbtrojan
I doubt if they have classes the first day due to the bowl. But then again how many folks did they have trying to sell tickets last year. No wonder so many wre bought at stub hub, etc.

TroyOi
12-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes we have, but not the first day of school. Personally I don't mind because all my professors give me a syllabus and we leave lol... But a lot of us take Physics and stuff like that and they actually teach the first day of classes.

So I hope that they cancel classes that day or move the first day of school to the 7th instead.

Here I'll teach you what you'll learn your first day of Physics I... F=MA ...Force = Mass x Acceleration. It's simple. So no excuses.

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Bammer may win, but it won't be their 13th championship. They are just going to start replacing the illegitmate ones with the new ones. The Bammers won't have to all go buy new "Got 12" shirts and redo their tatoos and rename their kids for the next several championships.

Now, back to the matter at hand...

Let's get some Chippewa (or whatever it is) message board links, rosters for look a like threads, etc.

We've only got a month to talk smack!

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh and yet again, is this official? No need to be flapping our traps if this isn't official. :thumb:

Even though your presenting a valid argument, band students are always excused from classes to go to sporting functions, so they cannot be penalized

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I'll admit that I am not excited about going to Mobile on January 6th, much for the same reasons as the players and coaches are not excited ----it wasn't the goal at the outset of the season. I understand the positives of playing in the GMAC (better possible payout, recruiting hotbed, better competition, better TV ratings), but I still prefer NOB (better destination, weekend trip, better stadium, probably better attendance).

But with that said (and my group went from minimum of 9 attending to a maximum of 2 attending), I try to get happy in the same pants I got mad in. I'll support my Trojans to the best of my ability (whether in person or on my couch), and I'll expect the Trojans to be ready to play CMU, just as they would have been for USM, UH, or Marshall.

GO TROJANS!

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Alrighty....well all of you CMU fans..meet....TROY!!!

troy145
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll admit that I am not excited about going to Mobile on January 6th, much for the same reasons as the players and coaches are not excited ----it wasn't the goal at the outset of the season. I understand the positives of playing in the GMAC (better possible payout, recruiting hotbed, better competition, better TV ratings), but I still prefer NOB (better destination, weekend trip, better stadium, probably better attendance).

This post really illustrates the argument IMO:

I understand the positives of playing in the GMAC (better possible payout, recruiting hotbed, better competition, better TV ratings)

^^These are all reasons that are great for the team and the program^^

but I still prefer NOB (better destination, weekend trip, better stadium, probably better attendance).

^^These are all reasons that are great for the individual fan or for only right now, no foresight^^

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Even though your presenting a valid argument, band students are always excused from classes to go to sporting functions, so they cannot be penalized

I know I know. Point is I know a group of band people that can't make it to the GMAC bowl and also many more that can't go to the New Orleans Bowl. Personally I don't mind which one we go to (because I wanna be there for the Trojans), but a lot of people even non-band students will not be able to go. Believe it or not people care about school more than football :scared: LOL

yeahIwin
12-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I will be calling first thing tomorrow to get my tickets!
troytrojans2003, you should at least buy a ticket or two and donate them to the military or something. support your school and quit crying.

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Well if they don't go to the bowl, they must not want to pass band, because it does count against you, and hurts your scholarship possibilities if you have one

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Well if they don't go to the bowl, they must not want to pass band, because it does count against you, and hurts your scholarship possibilities if you have one

It will hurt your scholarship but the bowl is NOT required, it's voluntary. And the band grades will be in way before that lol... :thumb:

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 04:12 PM
There will be many Trojan fans there!!! Just because a few of you cant go doesn't make it a horrible bowl. We are playing a TOP 25 team for gosh sakes!!!

I have been saying that the GMAC bowl is the better bowl from the beginning!!!

troy145
There will be many Trojan fans there!!! Just because a few of you cant go doesn't make it a horrible bowl. We are playing a TOP 25 team for gosh sakes!!!

I have been saying that the GMAC bowl is the better bowl from the beginning!!!

I know a bunch of people who can make it to Mobile that couldn't make it to NO.

MusicMan
It will hurt your scholarship but the bowl is NOT required, it's voluntary. And the band grades will be in way before that lol... :thumb:

Not the second semester. No, if the bowl game is duringthe school year, I"m sure Ford, in all his "wisdom", will make it mandatory. The reason the NO bowl was last year was because it was during break

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Okay, I'll leave it at that. I don't know if all that is correct, but hey I don't claim to be an expert in all things "band"...

Either way I'll be there and either way I want a Trojan victory! So yet again.... Is this official, I haven't seen anything about it yet?

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
This post really illustrates the argument IMO:

^^These are all reasons that are great for the team and the program^^

^^These are all reasons that are great for the individual fan or for only right now, no foresight^^

Still, it is hard to get excited about Mobile, AL! Especially when for 12 months the team has been working, sweating, bleeding, and pouring their collective hearts and souls into going to New Orleans. And I have looked at recruiting, been to spring practices, watched every game (either in person, on TV, or on the internet) pouring all my loyal devotion, planning time off (which for me is enormously difficult because of job demands), saving money, cutting coupons, denying other things for a year to go to New Orleans.

Seven of the nine in my party are not Troy fans, but I have built up this trip, recruited them to join my family for the trip, they have taken time off, changed their schedules, and planned for a big weekend in the Big Easy. Now all that goes away. You plan/manuever/dedicate 12 months of your life to goal/vacation/family get together and watch it go "poof" like a puff of smoke and see if you aren't a little disappointed.

troy145
12-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Seven of the nine in my party are not Troy fans, but I have built up this trip, recruited them to join my family for the trip, they have taken time off, changed their schedules, and planned for a big weekend in the Big Easy. Now all that goes away. You plan/manuever/dedicate 12 months of your life to goal/vacation/family get together and watch it go "poof" like a puff of smoke and see if you aren't a little disappointed.

Well I mean we're all Troy fans and we're all devoted and we all had NO in mind all year until recently. But when what you've been planning for goes "poof" and something much, much better comes in its place appears, that disappointment should be completely alleviated.

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Still, it is hard to get excited about Mobile, AL! Especially when for 12 months the team has been working, sweating, bleeding, and pouring their collective hearts and souls into going to New Orleans.

That's bull...they play hard to have a chance at a good Bowl game and now we have one!!! If you think the team wont get excited about playing a top 25 team then you are whack!!!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
There will be many Trojan fans there!!!

I have done an informal "straw poll" amongst those within my circle that are Troy fans. I talked to 19 different families. 16 of the 19 families were planning on attending game in NO, with an estimated 145 tickets sold (some with as few as 2 per family, and 16 was the biggest group going). Of the same 19 families only 6 planned to or thought they could go to Mobile on January 6th (with total tickets sold estimated at 32 total).

Now I know this is not scientific, but I am afraid that trend will hold true for the vast majority of the fan base. I hope I'm wrong, but I am afraid that while we would have seen 15-20K in New Orleans, I think we will be fortunate to get 8-10K in Mobile. And certainly that would be perceived as poor fan support and hurt our payout secondary to the low ticket sales.

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Most families that were going to NO had planned a weekend trip, but with Mobile, there will only be a day trip, or night trip however you want to say it. I think that attendence will be fine, because, like I said, the people of Mobile are fan's of the GMAC bowl, no matter who's playing, they always have it pretty well packed.

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
How many of them are buying through the Troy ticket office?

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Most families that were going to NO had planned a weekend trip, but with Mobile, there will only be a day trip, or night trip however you want to say it. I think that attendence will be fine, because, like I said, the people of Mobile are fan's of the GMAC bowl, no matter who's playing, they always have it pretty well packed.

Yup....there will be a good bit of fans there I believe!!! With it being a 1 day trip we would be fine!!

Guys when will this be official?

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Look, I know there are some of you that cant imagine taking a trip to Mobile, because it is in Alabama. However, I have been to both games and I have done the events around both games. If you put aside the fact that you are staying in Alabama the GMAC Bowl will offer you a great experience. There are some great hotels downtown. I would say Battle House, Admiral Semmes, Riverview Plaza and the Downtown Best Western. All are on the parade route for the mardi gras parade the night before the game. The pep rally is at the Convention Center right across the street on Water Street and all of the better restaurants are all within walking distance as is the bar district on Dauphin Street. Trust me some of you guys that think it is the end of the world because we are staying Alabama are in for a huge suprise. This is a much more fan friendly experience than what we have experienced in NO. The people of Mobile will actually know that TROY is in town and playing in a bowl game. This gives us a great chance to showcase our brand and win fans in our home state.

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I have done an informal "straw poll" amongst those within my circle that are Troy fans. I talked to 19 different families. 16 of the 19 families were planning on attending game in NO, with an estimated 145 tickets sold (some with as few as 2 per family, and 16 was the biggest group going). Of the same 19 families only 6 planned to or thought they could go to Mobile on January 6th (with total tickets sold estimated at 32 total).

Now I know this is not scientific, but I am afraid that trend will hold true for the vast majority of the fan base. I hope I'm wrong, but I am afraid that while we would have seen 15-20K in New Orleans, I think we will be fortunate to get 8-10K in Mobile. And certainly that would be perceived as poor fan support and hurt our payout secondary to the low ticket sales.

No way would we have taken 20,000 to New Orleans. Probably not even 15,000.

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Look, I know there are some of you that cant imagine taking a trip to Mobile, because it is in Alabama. However, I have been to both games and I have done the events around both games. If you put aside the fact that you are staying in Alabama the GMAC Bowl will offer you a great experience. There are some great hotels downtown. I would say Battle House, Admiral Semmes, Riverview Plaza and the Downtown Best Western. All are on the parade route for the mardi gras parade the night before the game. The pep rally is at the Convention Center right across the street on Water Street and all of the better restaurants are all within walking distance as is the bar district on Dauphin Street. Trust me some of you guys that think it is the end of the world because we are staying Alabama are in for a huge suprise. This is a much more fan friendly experience than what we have experienced in NO. The people of Mobile will actually know that TROY is in town and playing in a bowl game. This gives us a great chance to showcase our brand and win fans in our home state.

We have a winner!!!!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Well I mean we're all Troy fans and we're all devoted and we all had NO in mind all year until recently. But when what you've been planning for goes "poof" and something much, much better comes in its place appears, that disappointment should be completely alleviated.

Apparently you did not understand my post. My point was this was going to be a family vacation for my family, but other relatives that are not Troy fans, and those plans can not be undone. I will be going to New Orleans on the weekend of December 20th, but not to the NO Bowl, because my Trojans won't be there. If we don't go to NO, then we will be going somewhere else for the weekend of Dec. 20th (I'll take suggestions now). I can not change the dates for this trip as my non-Trojan family has already put in for time off, planned to be in NO with me, and now we have no option for seeing the Trojans play. Now, do you understand my disappointment? It can not be alleviated, because my trip can not be changed. I'll be in NO on December 20th, surrounded by Blue Raider fans and probably USM fans. Merry Christmas to me!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
No way would we have taken 20,000 to New Orleans. Probably not even 15,000.

We had nearly 15K last year. Why wouldn't we expect that much or more?

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
That's bull...they play hard to have a chance at a good Bowl game and now we have one!!! If you think the team wont get excited about playing a top 25 team then you are whack!!!

Have you not heard the players and coaches stating that they wanted NO?

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not trying to get into an argument here. I'm just saying that I AM disappointed because of my personal circumstances. And as much as you want to poo-poo NO, there are just as many valid arguments for going to NO and things that could be poo-pooed on about Mobile.

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Sure, they want NO. It is all we have really known. Other than LB and some of the coaches we havent experienced anything else. As a kid I was offered the opportunity to go to a better school than the one I attended, but I didnt want to go because I was afraid of change, even though it would have been a better school with better facilities I didnt want to change because it was all I knew. The players want NO because they dont know anything different and the coaches want what the players want because they want to keep them happy. It isnt the end of the world!

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Who was it that went (was forced by his wife) to the ballet last year? I might as well see if they have a performance in NO on the night of December 20th. Ugghh, I am bummed.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Sure, they want NO. It is all we have really known. Other than LB and some of the coaches we havent experienced anything else. As a kid I was offered the opportunity to go to a better school than the one I attended, but I didnt want to go because I was afraid of change, even though it would have been a better school with better facilities I didnt want to change because it was all I knew. The players want NO because they dont know anything different and the coaches want what the players want because they want to keep them happy. It isnt the end of the world!

And yet LB wants to go to NO!

wrden
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I love Mobile, it's a great and beautiful city and I visit there at least once a week for businesss. But if most of the events for the bowl game center around the civic center, this would mean you would want to stay in this area. If you will look at the site for the GMAC Bowl the hotel listings are spread all over Mobile, for example, if you stay at any of the hotels on Airport, you're at least 20 minutes away from downtown simply because of the heavy traffic at this time of the year, there are a few hotels around the Civic Center but not enough to accommodate a few thousand people. As far as the "bars" in walking distance, most have closed along Daulphin and there may be 6 or 8 left and that's stretching it. And if you think NO's is the only one with a high crime rate, check out Mobile's crime rate. I just think all the raves about Mobile being a great destination for a bowl are misleading and people should know that if you aren't lucky enough to get something downtown, there is little in walking distance to do.

Trojan_euph07
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM

The sound will travel no matter what. We have missed more than this bc of football so stop complaining

BleedingCardinal
12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Just a reminder: Be glad that we're actually in this situation. We sometimes forget that we're in D-1 football and we're getting bids for bowl games. That's an achievement in and of itself. A bowl is a bowl. :)

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Your missing my point partner. Well the NO bowl compared to the Silicon Valley Bowl......come one, sure he wants to go to NO. Look, I am sorry for your vacation problem. I am sure there are plenty of people that planned trips around NO. There will be plenty of people that could go to NO that cant go to Mobile. However, there will be plenty of people that couldnt go to NO that will be able to make it to Mobile. I know several in both camps. That is the nature of the bowl process.

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Just a reminder: Be glad that we're actually in this situation. We sometimes forget that we're in D-1 football and we're getting bids for bowl games. That's an achievement in and of itself. A bowl is a bowl. :)

That's true. It's pretty awesome that we have choices now. Mobile sounds like a great city, I've never been there and I'm also up for another New Orleans trip lol. Either bowl we go to I'm f-ing stoked! :thumb:

Any news on who will be the CUSA New Orleans Bowl team? I've been hearing USM or Houston.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I love Mobile, it's a great and beautiful city and I visit there at least once a week for businesss. But if most of the events for the bowl game center around the civic center, this would mean you would want to stay in this area. If you will look at the site for the GMAC Bowl the hotel listings are spread all over Mobile, for example, if you stay at any of the hotels on Airport, you're at least 20 minutes away from downtown simply because of the heavy traffic at this time of the year, there are a few hotels around the Civic Center but not enough to accommodate a few thousand people. As far as the "bars" in walking distance, most have closed along Daulphin and there may be 6 or 8 left and that's stretching it. And if you think NO's is the only one with a high crime rate, check out Mobile's crime rate. I just think all the raves about Mobile being a great destination for a bowl are misleading and people should know that if you aren't lucky enough to get something downtown, there is little in walking distance to do.

I grew up in Pensacola and have made a multitude of trips to Mobile over the years. It is not the worst destination in the world, but I think it doesn't hold a candle to NO. It won't be terrible, just not great either. And the mid-week game will hurt overnight stays as I'm sure many people will drive in and drive out the same day. In fact, if I am able to attend at all, that will be my only option --get off work a few hours early, drive like a bat out of hades, make it in time for kick-off, leave for home, get home late, and be back at work the next morning with little sleep. The only thing that would redeem that experience would be a BIG TROJAN win against the fighting Chippendales of CMU!

Trojanfilmer
12-06-2009, 04:58 PM
As much as I did not want to go to Mobile. This is a much better bowl for the Men of Troy. I just hope our secondary can hold up against a great QB slinging the ball down field.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Your missing my point partner. Well the NO bowl compared to the Silicon Valley Bowl......come one, sure he wants to go to NO. Look, I am sorry for your vacation problem. I am sure there are plenty of people that planned trips around NO. There will be plenty of people that could go to NO that cant go to Mobile. However, there will be plenty of people that couldnt go to NO that will be able to make it to Mobile. I know several in both camps. That is the nature of the bowl process.

I hope you are right. But if you read my post about my "straw poll" your statement didn't hold up. At least to the degree that the attendance would be the same (by Trojan faithful). I think the one thing that might boost attendance would be local turn out by the people of Mobile to see a good football game. I don't think these would be Trojan fans per se, but would pull for Troy because we are the "hometown" team compared to the Chippendales.

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I hope you are right. But if you read my post about my "straw poll" your statement didn't hold up. At least to the degree that the attendance would be the same (by Trojan faithful). I think the one thing that might boost attendance would be local turn out by the people of Mobile to see a good football game. I don't think these would be Trojan fans per se, but would pull for Troy because we are the "hometown" team compared to the Chippendales.

What also might help is the South Alabama fans coming out to support their fellow Sun Belt-ers. I know a good number of ULM and ULL fans that went to the NO Bowl to cheer on the Trojans last year.

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
i havent done one... but i could do a straw poll and get a lot more people that can make it to Mobile, instead of New Orleans

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
What also might help is the South Alabama fans coming out to support their fellow Sun Belt-ers. I know a good number of ULM and ULL fans that went to the NO Bowl to cheer on the Trojans.

Good point.

And to all of you trying to convince me that GMAC is the superior bowl by far, it just ain't gonna happen. Maybe it's better, if so, not by much in my estimation. There are pros and cons about both destinations. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Just understand where my personal disappointment is coming from. It makes me no less of a Trojan fan just because I had a preference that differed from those of you that preferred going to Mobile and the GMAC Bowl. Now, I will support Troy in Mobile as best I can. It may be just me and my wife high-tailing to our seats just in time for kick-off. If it is, then so be it. Really, the most important thing is we kick the crap out of the Chippendales or who ever we play.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
i havent done one... but i could do a straw poll and get a lot more people that can make it to Mobile, instead of New Orleans

I wasn't biased nor did I try to skew the results in favor of New Orleans. I asked everyone I knew reagrding NO vs Mobile. And that is how the results turned out. I never claimed it to be scientific, just that it represented a small portion of the fan base that I come in contact with on a daily or near daily basis. For goodness sakes, I hope that it is not accurate, because if it is we won't have 5K in Mobile based on the projections of my numbers. I'm sure if you polled the fan base with 50-75 miles of Mobile, the numbers would be dramatically different in favor of Mobile vs NO. I just still have a feeling that the numbers of die-hard Trojan faithful will be less in Mobile than they would have been in NO.

TSU98
12-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Talked to one of the football players today and he stated that he was pretty sure that it would be the GMAC. They have a meeting tonight and practice was cancelled today.

I work with several of the coaches wives and they were hoping for NO. They teach at Troy Elementary and GMAC will be the day after we start back to school.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
My sources close to the program tell me the players and staff almost unanimously wanted NO. And yet I get flamed for sharing the same desire or expressing disappointment in not being able to see Troy go to NO.

Apparently the players and coaches wishes didn't count for much.

Beanie Campbell
We have a winner!!!!

Silicon Valley = Double Tree
New Orleans Bowl = Hilton
Mobile Bowl = The Best Western

The Red Wave
Read into that if you will I certainly do. If they have already called the meeting, it means a decision was made early this morning/last night.

WhoaNellie!!!
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Mobile's Battle House Hotel is nicer than any hotel in New Orleans.

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
"Did you really just pitch the Best Western?" Sorry meant to say Hampton Inn Downtown. Although there is a Best Western at the Battleship if that is your preference.

Lord-Mustang
12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Still, it is hard to get excited about Mobile, AL! Especially when for 12 months the team has been working, sweating, bleeding, and pouring their collective hearts and souls into going to New Orleans.

Don't you mean "To Win the Sunbelt Championship Outright"? I'm sure that is what you mean, because if it's not, it's the WRONG reason. It just so happens that the NOB is typically where the SBC Champ goes, however, if the champ gets a better paying, closer to home, higher ranked opponent to play instead of the NOB, it should be more than welcomed.

ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM

dispite popular belief, Mobile has a Hilton...

I am sorry there is not a Bourbon Street in Mobile or a dome and apparently thats the only thing that makes a good bowl destination.

Pasadena is played in the elements, no bourbon street, and it is after the holidays... must be a crappy bowl game

Mobile goes all out for the GMAC bowl and once everyone gets their heads out of their asses they will see that the GMAC bowl is actually a pretty good bowl with a better opponent

In the past it has been rated as one of the top bowls several years running on espn. I have a feeling that a match up w/ C.Mich will be a great game.

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Mobile's Battle House Hotel is nicer than any hotel in New Orleans.

Oh really?

Windsor Court? Ritz-Carlton? Lowes? Le Pavillion?

vaman79
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I was in Mobile this spring and the Battle House and the entire area is extremely nice and the clubs and shops around were as nice as any I have seen. I have reservations for NO but could still have fun in Mobile.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
This will be a nice change of pace.

TrojanEmpire
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
with your attitude you won't be missed.

+10

TrojanEmpire
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Most of you people really piss me off.

How can you not get stoked about a chance to beat a nationally ranked team (CMU), with a media darling (D. Lefevour), in your home state (Alabama)?

Absolutely unreal. You people just need to admit you want an excuse to go to New Orleans.

Why would they want to do that? Even if it is true?

TrojanEmpire
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM

They may well win against Texas. You are mistaken in your impression that they actually have 12, when it is more like 6 (which BTW is still impressive)

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
i'm so happy! :thumb:

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/05/05/anchorman-sequel-jump.jpg

troy4ever21
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM

+1! :thumb:

Burn the Horse
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
the GMAC Bowl has been my "dream bowl" for a few years now. I couldn't be happier with the announcement! i'm sorry to those of you who wanted to go to New Orleans, but this is a new experience, and one that will certainly boost our image in the Mobile recruiting area. let's be happy we are going to the GMAC! Go Troy! :thumb:

yeahIwin
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM

+2

svenattroy
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Just to make the point, nothing has been officially announced, and with the track record of everybody's "sources" on this board, I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is that we are going to New Orleans!

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Just to make the point, nothing has been officially announced, and with the track record of everybody's "sources" on this board, I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is that we are going to New Orleans!

thats true... i think everybody is getting a practice run in

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM

It's been nothin' but premature speculation since the season ended, what's one more night? :thumb:

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm willing to wager the cost of two nights at the Battle House on this being true. I don't post rumors.

playfailstoogain
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh really?

Windsor Court? Ritz-Carlton? Lowes? Le Pavillion?

I have stayed at all of those and am still going to be staying at the ritz the weekend of the new orleans bowl (saints cowboys on saturday regardless) and i promise you - the battle house holds its own against any of them. (nothing can ever match the polo lounge at the windsor court however)

CattouseFan
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Selfishly I wanted Troy to head to New Orleans. I would have been able to attend the game. I would have also been able to go to the Cowboys vs Saints game the night before. I don't think I will be able to go to Mobile in January unless I decide to burn some vacation time on the first week back to work.

Still I would like to see a matchup agains Central Michigan. They are a very good team and I think the exposure on ESPN would be great. Troy should bring a good crowd for a game that is only 3 hours away from home.

a10koaksfed
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Hello Trojans, it seems that some of you are as happy as some of us about a Wednesday night game. The date of the game pretty much cuts CMU support to the team, parents, band, and retired alumni. It's difficult in the Michigan economy to get the week of January 6 off work, not to mention much more expensive than attending a weekend game.

This should almost be a home game for Troy. Looking forward to a terrific offensive show between these two teams. Certainly Troy has shown over the years that they can play with anyone and certainly score on anyone. Let's hope the announcers don't spend all night talking about Alabama and Texas/TCU/UC. I'm hoping Texas gets bumped. I don't think they can compete with Alabama and would welcome a change in the BCS game fixed rotation.

Keep us updated on things to do in Mobile, for those that can attend. I don't know what Chippewa fan attendance will be, but I wouldn't expect more than 3,000 given the day of the week and the date. Too bad.

Good luck, stay healthy, and avoid the flu (we forgot #2 & #3 last year)

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
If you only bring 3,000 you will have brought the fewest amount of any MAC school to play in the GMAC Bowl. The MAC usually brings a good crowd to Mobile. It will be a great matchup and I look forward to meeting your fans.

a10koaksfed
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but a Wednesday night game doesn't allow for massive CMU attendance. I'm sure there will be a happy crowd of Chip fans there, but don't look for massive attendance. They couldn't pick a worse date if they tried. Fan's can't drive the 1000 miles there and back for they will miss too much work. They can't afford to fly in, rent vehicles, a couple nights in a hotel either. It's just a tough economy. A confluence of issues will hold the crowd size to a minimum, sadly.

I personally live in the Los Angeles area. Airline tickets to Mobile are not inexpensive. It's just a less than optimal situation.

Mike Cunningham
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I tell you what, we will play AND WIN this game with or without Dipewa fans being there! The Men of TROY will be there, the fans, friends and family of Trojans will be there.

That's all I care about. Stay home Dips. It's cool with me.

TSU92
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but a Wednesday night game doesn't allow for massive CMU attendance. I'm sure there will be a happy crowd of Chip fans there, but don't look for massive attendance. They couldn't pick a worse date if they tried. Fan's can't drive the 1000 miles there and back for they will miss too much work. They can't afford to fly in, rent vehicles, a couple nights in a hotel either. It's just a tough economy. A confluence of issues will hold the crowd size to a minimum, sadly.

I personally live in the Los Angeles area. Airline tickets to Mobile are not inexpensive. It's just a less than optimal situation.

I understand completely. I know it has been a tough time economically especially for a lot of folks in Michigan. I would hope if we played in Michigan we would bring more than 3,000 but probably not. Hopefully several will be able to find a way to come to a great football atmosphere and hopefully a great game.

TrojanWarrior418
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I tell you what, we will play AND WIN this game with or without Dipewa fans being there! The Men of TROY will be there, the fans, friends and family of Trojans will be there.

That's all I care about. Stay home Dips. It's cool with me.

Come on Hurdle, be civil. They aren't the Sun Belt regulars. Lets keep this friendly and avoid another SMU flame war like last year.

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 09:36 PM
the local population from mobile coming out to see the game will help fill up the stadium for the lack of Chipewas there.

I think that Mobile is really excited about this one

durham1968david
12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
you know, nobody is going to be happy all of the time. If we have a bowl game on December 20th right before Christmas, people are going to whine that its right before Christmas and they don't have any money and have family committments.... some of you folks would complain if you were given a $ 100.00 bill and a t-bone steak, then you would want a ribeye....if folks love Troy they will take a vacation day, make it happen.... be an ADULT and make a sacrifice for these players that played so hard ..........AND QUIT YOUR WHINEYBABY LIFE....THE SIMPLE FACT IS, THIS GAME IS BETTER FOR TROY BECAUSE OF INCREASED ATTENDANCE, BETTER PAYOUT, WE ARE NOT PLAYING THE 4TH SEED CONFERENCE USA GOLDEN SEAGULLS.. i want to thank the Troy coaches, players and administration that used their Brains (thats what college is all about) and making this happen. over and out- GO TROJANS !!!!

TrojanWarrior418
12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
you know, nobody is going to be happy all of the time. If we have a bowl game on december 20th right before christmas, people are going to whine that its right before christmas and they don't have any money and have family committments.... Some of you folks would complain if you were given a $ 100.00 bill and a t-bone steak, then you would want a ribeye....if folks love troy they will take a vacation day, make it happen.... Be an adult and make a sacrifice for these players that played so hard ..........and quit your whineybaby life....the simple fact is, this game is better for troy because of increased attendance, better payout, we are not playing the 4th seed conference usa golden seagulls.. I want to thank the troy coaches, players and administration that used their brains (thats what college is all about) and making this happen. Over and out- go trojans !!!!

+ 1,000!

durham1968david
12-06-2009, 10:16 PM
The person that said that Troy would send 20,000 people to New Orleans the week before Christmas is absolutely daydreaming.. total attendance in New Orleans last year was 30,000 for the entire game. We didn't have that many people for the home game against Florida Atlantic when the conference title was on the line. Alot of people just cant afford New Orleans, especially the week before Christmas- unless they sleep 5 to a room and split expenses.

svenattroy
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
There are plenty of pros and cons about Mobile

Pro - Pretty much a home game
Con - CMU will probably bring less than we did to the SVC

Pro - 30 Days to sell tickets rather than 14
Con - Weekday game, so many won't get off of work (especially with many getting off for Christmas)

Pro - Students have no excuse not to be there!!!!
Con - Students would rather sleep in than go to a game.

Pro - Most Troy alumni still live in that general area, so they will be willing to go
Con - I am not one of those, so I won't be able to!!!!

Pro - Hot bed of recruiting, and hopefully it will make more "brand awareness"
Con - Dan LeFevour will have a field day with our pass d, so might make us look like a bunch of chumpzillas.

durham1968david
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I want to challenge all Troy students- please make every effort to come down to Mobile for this game- I don't care if ya'll have to pack 5 people in every car... there are some good bars and wateringholes in downtown Mobile, with Veets on Royal Street and the Garage being two of the best... I have learned that Veets has a big GMAC bowl party. there will be a Mardi gras parade the night before the game with each Mardi Gras organization providing a float... we have a great chance here to really showcase the Trojan nation... we cant let this opportunity pass.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Pro - 30 Days to sell tickets rather than 14
Con - Weekday game, so many won't get off of work (especially with many getting off for Christmas)

Pro - Students have no excuse not to be there!!!!
Con - Students would rather sleep in than go to a game.

Pro - Most Troy alumni still live in that general area, so they will be willing to go
Con - I am not one of those, so I won't be able to!!!!

Pro - Hot bed of recruiting, and hopefully it will make more "brand awareness"
Con - Dan LeFevour will have a field day with our pass d, so might make us look like a bunch of chumpzillas.

CMU Con - Levi Brown will have a field day with their pass d, so might make them look like a bunch of chumpzillas.

There, fixed it for ya! :thumb:

a10koaksfed
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
You can't CON a PRO!! Sorry to see that someone is misrepresenting the overwhelming majority of Troy fans with name calling already. Dips, is it? You obviously aren't a Troy grad. They would come up with something much more ingenious than that.

No problem. I'll pass you expression on to the team. :thumb:

Mike Cunningham
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Yep, that was me. I said Dips. I am a TROY grad. Thanks for playing. I'm not the most creative one on here, we all know that.

Please do pass it on to the team, I have no problem with that. I, and most of the other members of this board, don't actually play the game. I'll let the many future NFLers on our team express their own message to your team come Jan. 6.

svenattroy
12-07-2009, 01:13 AM
If this game doesn't have 175,432 combined passing yards, i'm going to be disappointed!

arkstfan
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM

That's the bowl's problem not Troy's that CMU will struggle to send many people.

svenattroy
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
That's the bowl's problem not Troy's that CMU will struggle to send many people.

Looking at the CMU board, it seems a lot of people aren't coming because Troy isn't UCLA. And when you look at attendance figures, it doesn't say 20k bought through Troy, 1k through CMU. It says attendance 21k. I'm sure that someone in the media will spin it so that it looks bad on all accounts. It's the whole "CFN calling MTSU the Sun Belt Number 1" Theory.

arkstfan
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Looking at the CMU board, it seems a lot of people aren't coming because Troy isn't UCLA. And when you look at attendance figures, it doesn't say 20k bought through Troy, 1k through CMU. It says attendance 21k. I'm sure that someone in the media will spin it so that it looks bad on all accounts. It's the whole "CFN calling MTSU the Sun Belt Number 1" Theory.

But if Troy sells 18k of those tickets through the athletic department ticket office, that word will be shared freely among the various bowls. That is something you really want come later November when deals start spinning for the bowls.

Remember bowl contracts have a tendency to get flexible when the need arises and people make it work.

Let's say Utah wins the MWC next year but ends up ranked 15th in the BCS and Troy does like CMU and ends up 25th. New Orleans and GMAC (whichever gets the Sun Belt champ) will try to spin deals to hand off the team they get to bring in Utah. Fort Worth and Las Vegas will try to spin deals to get Troy to come play Utah. Playing well coupled with a big thumbs up from GMAC about Troy's ticket selling will open doors.