PDA

View Full Version : HOT OFF THE PRESS and came from the top!

The Red Wave
12-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is the scoop! Admin and coaches want New Orleans. School submitted bid to NO Bowl Committee and Wright Waters. Bid was sent BACk and told not STRONG enough . Final bid was due Friday. Top on down very much wants New Orleans. I would think Wright Waters would want to be nice to JH Jr. as he is the head of the Committee next yr.! We are being treated like crap by WW and NO Bowl! We brought a huge crowd last yr.
If we do go to NO, I will personally go to the Conf office to pay a visit to WW! What a troll.

Never question The Red Wave again! Hector could confirm this as he knows this is the truth.

pelliott
12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Why are we getting the shaft? Did we sell our allotment of tickets last year?
I thought we (Troy) was very well represented last year!

I truly do not understand what is going on here. Further, why would WW and Sunbelt not issue statement telling everyone what they are trying to accomplish. The decisions after all, effect everyone in the conference - right?

I just don't get it - tell us something!

pelliott
12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Why did we have to submit a bid - I thought we earned the bid. This makes no sense

NO was ours as champs - I am missing a lot here - regardless

Go Trojans!

The Red Wave
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
The SBC office is New Orleans as is the Bowl Committee. Waters is playing politics and trying to cover his ass and his job. We did bring a huge crowd, however, most were bought through stub hub etc and we did not get credit.
This is so insane. If these jackasses had any marketing skills whatsoever, a rematch with USM would be huge, Version 2.0 etc. Crowds would be large and fired up. We are seeing a pathetic leader in WW and I personally think there is something funny going on.
We are THE FIRST Sunbelt Team to go 8-0 in the Conf. Submitting a bid is part of the process. It has to do with tickets, expenses etc. JH Jr was NOT , I repeat NOT happy and I think WW is in for a rude awakening next yr.
Hawkins chose to honor the wishes of the team and coaches. I think that is stand up of him as it is about a reward for the kids. He also saw the droves of fans in the Lobby of the Marriott and he knows people will travel on a weekend to N.O.
I applaud the Athl Dept and the Admin.

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
most were bought through Stub Hub, because most of us couldnt get through to the damn office!!! Troy WAS NOT prepared to sell tickets thats why. When there is demand you need to open the flood gates, otherwise people will go else where to get them!

troy145
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
YES! Totally average and unappealing C-USA competition here we come! Yee-haw! Pass the Kool-Aid!

pelliott
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Agree with TroyTrojan2003 - office was not prepared last year - got tickets like day before game - good thing I had not traveled until then.

Office must do a better job!

littlebittyschool
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancelor Palpatine.

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 03:44 PM
so where are the homers that said our conference was sooo awesome? Sunbelt Sucks, we my friends are the toilet conference noone talks about, its a joke, we need to start winning and get out of this crap hole conference

Psitech
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I was hoping for champion vs champion, but I guess we'll just settle for mediocrity when we had a chance for something better. Maybe Ho and his cronies get to share the chef's table at Commanders Palace with a few trannies. Maybe MTSU will get the GMAC and rub it in our faces for a year that they got the better bowl and much larger tv audience. Way to look at the big picture people. :thumb:

TroyFootball05
12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I was hoping for champion vs champion, but I guess we'll just settle for mediocrity when we had a chance for something better. Maybe Ho and his cronies get to share the chef's table at Commanders Palace with a few trannies. Maybe MTSU will get the GMAC and rub it in our faces for a year that they got the better bowl and much larger tv audience. Way to look at the big picture people. :thumb:

Middle Fans will try to rub it in our faces no matter which bowl we get in. If we get New Orleans, Blue Raiders will say we chose the route of least national attention. that we'd rather play a lowly CUSA team rather than #25 CMU (even though most of them want NO and have already made reservations).

If we go to GMAC they gloat about how the NO Bowl didn't want us. Either way, BLF's are gonna try to spin it like Troy sucks and we're a nobody. That's been their mentality for the last two weeks. They'll spin everything to make it look like their raiders are awesome and nobody wants/likes Troy.

They deserperately want to be seen on our level and are tired of getting their butts handed to them on national tv. They're jealous and they want every bit of "one-ups" they can get on Troy.

Pcbtrojan
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I will gloat some, 31-7 on national tv. MUTS=awning champs

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I think I will gloat some, 31-7 on national tv. MUTS=awning champs

How is that when there is no sharing of the title? :confused:

TroyFootball05
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
How is that when there is no sharing of the title? :confused:

referring to 2006, when Troy and MTSU tied, but Troy won head to head earning a berth to the New Orleans Bowl, sending MTSU to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit.