PDA

View Full Version : Bowl tickets

TrojanSaxMan
12-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Trojan Fans - whatever Bowl we are in - PLEASE buy your tickets from our Athletics Office. Tickets purchase elsewhere are not counted as Troy sales. Future bowls look at the numbers and a higher number sold by the University gives us leverage to be considered by other Bowls.

Also - the tickets Troy sells are always better seats (between the 30s).

TROJANFAN26
12-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Hopefully Drew will mention this important info. in his "bowl announcement" blog sometime later today.

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Trojan Fans - whatever Bowl we are in - PLEASE buy your tickets from our Athletics Office. Tickets purchase elsewhere are not counted as Troy sales. Future bowls look at the numbers and a higher number sold by the University gives us leverage to be considered by other Bowls.

Also - the tickets Troy sells are always better seats (between the 30s).

1st: They also see that last year was largest NO Bowl game and that not because OSM bring 31,000 and TMTDM bring 1,000 it about 52/48 ratio.

2nd: The athletic department does not sell the better seats - Mr. Ho sit want CLub area seat (better bathroom and concession area, plus Mr. Ho not run into The Red Wave because he too cheap and sit in endzone).

Plus, Mr. Ho order ticket three year ago against Rice and he still waiting for them.

jagd1305
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Whichever bowl game we go to, I will buy (as always) from the university. However, Mr. Ho is right about the seating. First NO bowl my seats were on the 35. No problem. Last year they were on the 13 yard line. That absolutely sucked. Many other season ticket holders as well were further down in the endzone. So tickets for a bowl game are haphazard at best and being a season ticket holder means squat. Tickets for the NO bowl last year were purchased when the ticket office opened for sales. When we went to the first NO bowl we bought our tickets about week after they went on sale. That's when we had seating on the 35 yard line. Your purchase doesn't guarantee seating between the 30's.

Mr. Ho
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
And ticket office open at 9 and close at 5 - with lunch hour at 12.

trojan02
12-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I thought I saw somewhere that we can buy bowl tickets through the troy office online this year. Is that true? If it is where do you have to look?

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 01:03 PM
If I cant get through to the AD department on Monday I will buy elsewhere. I am not going to sit in crappy seats like I did last time. I think its crappy how some of those high rollers buy seats, dont even show up to our home games on the home side, and then all of a sudden they get first picks at tickets. I will do what it takes to get my tickets regardless if its through the AD department, which by the way probably has one phone line connected for tickets LOL

tenaciousT
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
If I cant get through to the AD department on Monday I will buy elsewhere. I am not going to sit in crappy seats like I did last time. I think its crappy how some of those high rollers buy seats, dont even show up to our home games on the home side, and then all of a sudden they get first picks at tickets. I will do what it takes to get my tickets regardless if its through the AD department, which by the way probably has one phone line connected for tickets LOL

those "high rollers" pay a "high" percent of our coaches salary. Trojan Warriors/Season ticket holders deserve the ability to purchase their bowl tickets first and to have the best seats.

If you can't get throught to the Ticket Office call back on tuesday. I would hope to sell 8-9k tickets through our ticket office... even if they have 4 people taking ticket orders it would take a couple days!

If everyone took your approach, things will be left the same... the more tickets bought through our ticketing dept the more money our AD makes and the more resources we have to better... ticket sales

Hemi Man
12-06-2009, 01:48 PM

You are part of the problem!!!!

pkf4troy
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
WOW! WE want progression and higher expectations for the program but people still dont want to change themselves. The program CANNOT progress until ALL people involved change their piss poor attitudes and the way they think and/or do!

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
You are part of the problem!!!!

Agreed

FliryVorru
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
you are part of the problem!!!!

+10

Pcbtrojan
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
He/she/flavor of the moment may be the problem but the AD needs to get it into gear and work out online purchasing. Oh I forgot its Pike County so it is still the magical box.