PDA

View Full Version : Troy just got dissed by the CBS commentators

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Anybody hear that? Good grief that was uncalled for!!

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I heard it, but I didn't wanna post anything because I posted soemthing about ESPN being ******* yesterday

Spiritual_Trojan
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Yea I heard it, it made me mad too, however it shows we're on all their minds

VT Trojan
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I heard it, but didn't we have more sacks on Teboy by now?

Rufus the Magnum Trojan
12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
yea i heard it, it made me mad too, however it shows we're on all their minds

+1

Pcbtrojan
12-05-2009, 05:52 PM
The last time I checked neither of those announcers has a Super Bowl ring or a Pro Bowl jersey, however players from Troy do.

Mr. Ho
12-05-2009, 05:52 PM
TMTDM Defense ranked 101st in the country...we deserve being dissed. CMU might put 700+ on us.

We can lay blame after season and it not all missing secondary fault either.

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 05:54 PM
You can't run on TROY! You have to pass to beat the dog sh*t out of us.

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
You can't run on TROY! You have to pass to beat the dog sh*t out of us.

Tell that to UL....or ULM.....or WKU

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey, we do get our bad days too. But what did they have comparitively? Oh, and mentioning we're on their minds, not all press is good press

Spiritual_Trojan
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey, we do get our bad days too. But what did they have comparitively? Oh, and mentioning we're on their minds, not all press is good press

No not all press is good press, but two nights in a row two announcers on two different networks diss a 9-3 team. It's not because we're an awful team, not unless you agree that we suck and shouldn't even be on the same field.

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 06:05 PM
No, I don't agree in anyway with them. I hope one day, we'll beat the hell out of Florida, just so they can finally shut their mouths.

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Now they just showed the highlights of USC and called them the "Men of Troy"

Mr. Ho
12-05-2009, 06:15 PM
No, I don't agree in anyway with them. I hope one day, we'll beat the hell out of Florida, just so they can finally shut their mouths.

Until TMTDM wins one on road...we could have finsished 10-2 and they STILL would have been dissed - with a defense ranked 101st can you blame anyone for questioning TMTDM toughness. He!! SWLa overcame a 24 point deficit like they were Boise.

SOTSButterfly
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I heard it. Pissed me the f*** off. Poor hubby had to hear me yelling and cussing at the tv. >: (

stephew1
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I am really disappointed in the language being used on this site. Be creative and try to clean it up. I don't think it has always been this way. I quit last weeks game thread because of it. Surely we can do better. Sots Butterfly, is that any way for a lady to talk? I hope your Mama and Daddy aren't on here.

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
The sad thing is, I don't think we'll get the respect we're due for years and years to come

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I am really disappointed in the language being used on this site. Be creative and try to clean it up. I don't think it has always been this way. I quit last weeks game thread because of it. Surely we can do better. Sots Butterfly, is that any way for a lady to talk? I hope your Mama and Daddy aren't on here.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/gif22.gif

SOTSButterfly
12-05-2009, 06:48 PM

Hey, I put those ***'s there myself. You're just assuming there's a bad word behind them. You can't prove it. :tongue:

And I wasn't even in last week's game thread. Don't take your experience there out on me now.

stephew1
12-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Well, what did you intend for your "F" word to be. You also said hubby had to listen to you cuss. I never said you were on last week. If I were your dad, I'd be extremly disappointed. Don't split hairs. You used the word, I guess you need to "man up".

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, what did you intend for your "F" word to be. You also said hubby had to listen to you cuss. I never said you were on last week. If I were your dad, I'd be extremly disappointed. Don't split hairs. You used the word, I guess you need to "man up".

You are the weirdest troll I have seen in a while....congrats??

trojanbrutha
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Please lose the moral indignation and don't blame the ills of the world on her...suck it up a little bit more. S#!+...it's a message board, not a church. (and guess what the "s" word means...:wave:)

Psitech
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy313/gvarani/44431882.gif

troy4ever
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM

Who went and made you the moral police? Stop trying to enforce your own ways on others. We have moderators here for a reason, and if the moderators want to stop it, then they will.

troy4ever
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Did anyone just hear the commentator make the comment about Javier Arenas saying that nobody in the state of Florida wanted him EXCEPT FIU?

What's this guy got against the Sunbelt conference tonight?!?!

troystudent05
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
did he say in reference to Troy? Thanks.

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
That's common knowledge 4ever, Arenas was never offered a scholarship because they didnt' think he was good enough. The only school to ever show any interest in him was FIU, until the program went under and Bama swooped in and got him.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Hey man F U.

Keep your opinions to your self. if I wanted preaching I whould go to church on sunday. This is not a religous site, this is a TROY football site. Take your more hollier than thou **** somewhere else.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
And my momma and daddy approved this post. Want to call us bad follks? Im watching the SEC with em. Want to contact them and preach feel free to PM me and I'll give you directions. It will be the last folks you preach to. This is a football board. SOTSbutterfly is a good poster and does not need you opinions.

BleedingCardinal
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
$#%@ !!!

Florida_Trojan
12-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow, a holy war kicked off. I was playing with my kids outside. How were we "dissed" by CBS?

Lord-Mustang
12-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Did he say anything that WAS NOT true? Maybe it was distasteful, but not untrue.

troystudent05
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
From what I understand, they were discussing the strength of Alabama's defense against the pass. One of them then made the crack about this not being Troy's defense that they were facing.

I hate to say it, but I have to say that that was a somewhat fair argument.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-05-2009, 08:11 PM
I hate to say it but you need to shut your mouth.

Florida_Trojan
12-05-2009, 08:11 PM
From what I understand, they were discussing the strength of Alabama's defense against the pass. One of them then made the crack about this not being Troy's defense that they were facing.

A pot shot, but a fair one.

MusicMan
12-05-2009, 08:15 PM
It was actually the run game, not the pass game

Doug4Troy
12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
They put up 56 on us, and we couldn't manage a single TD. I was there, it was not pretty.

I cringed when the announcers said it, but I could only suck it up and take it (although I really, really hate it.)

GO TROJANS!

BleedingCardinal
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I hate to say it but you need to shut your mouth.

:mad:

CHughes1102
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/atlantisrising73/popcorn.gif

Cane gone Trojan
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe some of the Troy players were watching the game, and heard the diss. Maybe it will motivate them in their upcoming bowl game. If Troy plays CMU then they are going to have to play alot better defense then they have been playing or it could be a long night for The Real Men Of Troy.

Bubba the Trojan
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey man F U.

Keep your opinions to your self. if I wanted preaching I whould go to church on sunday. This is not a religous site, this is a TROY football site. Take your more hollier than thou **** somewhere else.

This is an open forum, the purpose of which is to exchange ideas, usually about TROY athletics. Were Stephew1's original comments about TROY athletics? No, but neither were your comments instructing him to keep his opinions to himself. If we must ban the expression of opinions such as Stephew1's, so must we ban the expression of dissenting opinions like the one you offered. I have no dog in this fight, just something to think about.

TrojanWarrior418
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
to be honest our defense hasn't been that great this year. Now don't get me wrong I think our line has been good, but our secondary is very young. I think if we can get the younger guys more experience and plug some holes with JUCO's we could improve vastly.

And by the way, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Just make sure they spell your name right.

Doug4Troy
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
to be honest our defense hasn't been that great this year. Now don't get me wrong I think our line has been good, but our secondary is very young. I think if we can get the younger guys more experience and plug some holes with JUCO's we could improve vastly.

And by the way, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Just make sure they spell your name right.

And they leave off "State!"

Florida_Trojan
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
This is an open forum, the purpose of which is to exchange ideas, usually about TROY athletics. Were Stephew1's original comments about TROY athletics? No, but neither were your comments instructing him to keep his opinions to himself. If we must ban the expression of opinions such as Stephew1's, so must we ban the expression of dissenting opinions like the one you offered. I have no dog in this fight, just something to think about.

Some people are biased, but dont let them bother you. I stated that I didnt like Neal Brown and was asked by someone to stop making posts for a week. Just let it slide and continue to exercise your free speech...until Obama outlaws it :censored:

SOTSButterfly
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM

"Frog" :tongue:

Glad you're not my dad. I cuss in front of my parents all the time with no problem. They know I'm an adult and treat me like one.

Anywho, on the subject of this thread...
No, we can't deny our defense isn't Alabama's defense...but why oh why did it have to be us that they compared it to out of all of the other teams Florida has played? I don't wanna be reminded of that disaster of a game. I was there too and it was awful. :paperbag:

troystudent05
12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
No, we can't deny our defense isn't Alabama's defense...but why oh why did it have to be us that they compared it to out of all of the other teams Florida has played?

Honestly, I would guess that it would be because we are the only other team from the state of Alabama that they have played this season. But, yes, it was a cheap shot at us. Danielson must really have something against SBC schools, given the fact that he dissed both us and FIU today.

trojanbrutha
12-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Honestly, I would guess that it would be because we are the only other team from the state of Alabama that they have played this season. But, yes, it was a cheap shot at us. Danielson must really have something against SBC schools, given the fact that he dissed both us and FIU today.

They didn't diss F_U. They merely stated that Arenas' only scholly offer was them, until the offer from AU was offered...If that's the case, 118 more teams should be ashamed they didn't offer him one too! :jester:

SOTSButterfly
12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Honestly, I would guess that it would be because we are the only other team from the state of Alabama that they have played this season.

Good point. I didn't think of that, I was too busy seething with anger. lol

troy145
12-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Maybe when we start playing like a team that isn't a cupcake against the big boys, the big boys will stop talking about us like we're cupcakes.

Until then we should just STFU.

BDM88
12-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Maybe when we start playing like a team that isn't a cupcake against the big boys, the big boys will stop talking about us like we're cupcakes.

Until then we should just STFU.

EXACTLY! I no longer drink the Kool-Aid. I wait for the first game then let the team do my talking. I was just as guilty as everyone else when the hype started and until we beat UAB I kept my mouth shut.

sasquatch67
12-06-2009, 02:36 AM

i agree. hey lets dont let it hurt our pride. we really arent where those guys are.

Discophobia
12-06-2009, 02:47 AM
I just hope that LB was watching and I hope he is thinking.......we need a real DC. I also hope Jeremy Rowell was watching and thinks maybe I need to go down to DIII and be a DC where I actually might be able to get by without being able to have game plans or being able to make adjustments during a game.

Lord-Mustang
12-06-2009, 10:28 AM
The comment was one that wasn't untrue, however, it did upset me. BUT, the one that upset me the most yesterday was while watching the Arizona vs USC game. Not once, but twice, the ABC announcers yelled "Touchdown....Men of Troy" for USC when they scored.

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 10:46 AM
please dont private message me, I dont read them or respond to them

1motime
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
stop removing posts..its unprofessional? Why was my post about ESPN Bowl selection taken down?

This one???

http://gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16406

CHughes1102
12-06-2009, 01:25 PM
The comment was one that wasn't untrue, however, it did upset me. BUT, the one that upset me the most yesterday was while watching the Arizona vs USC game. Not once, but twice, the ABC announcers yelled "Touchdown....Men of Troy" for USC when they scored.

Oh good lord....if you notice the better we do in football the more they call USC "Troy" or the "Men of Troy"

WTF Trojan
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM

Agreed, it isn't necessarily untrue, but it's like if you see a giant fat person walking down the street and you go up to them and tell them they are giant and fat. It isn't false, but it still makes you a jerk.

Also, there were a great number of Troy fans who probably have secondary (or sadly, primary) affiliations with both Florida and Alabama who were watching that game. It's just dumb for Gary Danielson to mention it when there were so many Troy fans watching that game. He should have had more common sense than that.