PDA

View Full Version : Why all this confusion and delay?

stephew1
12-05-2009, 05:45 PM
From the New orleans Bowl website, it clearly states "It is now played between the conference champion of the Sun Belt and a team from Conference USA." Why all this confusion and delay?

Let the Good Times Bowl
07/23/2009 12:26 PM

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
The New Orleans Bowl is a post-season college football bowl game certified by the NCAA that has been played annually at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana since 2001. The game was sponsored by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts from 2002 to 2004 and was officially called the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl. It is presently known as the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl after its current sponsor.

The first year featured North Texas from the Sun Belt playing Colorado State from the Mountain West. It is now played between the conference champion of the Sun Belt and a team from Conference USA.

Due to damage by Hurricane Katrina to the Louisiana Superdome, where the game is usually played, the 2005 game was played on December 20 in Lafayette, Louisiana at Cajun Field on the campus of University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and was dubbed the New Orleans Bowl at Lafayette. The game returned to the Superdome on December 22, 2006, with a new corporate sponsor in freight company R+L Carriers, renaming the game the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. The game featured Troy, co-champions of the Sun Belt Conference facing Rice, making their first bowl game visit in 45 years, their last appearance being the 1961 Bluebonnet Bowl. Troy defeated Rice 41 to 17

Spiritual_Trojan
12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Maybe there's negotiations between the GMAC and NO bowl as to who get the champ.

Mr. Ho
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
It defy logic - the PineBelt Champion goes to New Orleans and plays whoever CDOA sends. If the NO Bowl doesn't want a rematch, tell CDOA to send somebody else. We have Wright Waters to thank if we get stuck in Mobile.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
"Confusion and delay?"

Is your name Sir Topham Hat?

Doug4Troy
12-05-2009, 09:43 PM
"Confusion and delay?"

Is your name Sir Topham Hat?

Hahaha, how do know the source of that quote? You must have kids.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Hahaha, how do know the source of that quote? You must have kids.

Yes, sir. Two of them. My son had a love affair with Thomas the Tank Engine for about two years. He has mostly outgrown it, but I dare not get rid of his train table just yet.

troystudent05
12-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Ha, I used to watch that show all the time, too. However, I still can't decide who was the better Mr. Conductor: Ringo Starr or George Carlin.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Ha, I used to watch that show all the time, too. However, I still can't decide who was the better Mr. Conductor: Ringo or Carlin.

Alec Baldwin was Mr. Conductor too. I like Ringo better. I guess once you have heard Carlin's bit on the "Seven Words You Can't Say on Television" it is hard to hear him read a children's story.

bigguyonright
12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
bmarkey has posted on facebook that Kevin Glackmeyer reporting a N.O. Bowl Rematch

Troy Trojan
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
the contract between the Sunbelt and NO Bowl states that: "the conference champion of the Sunbelt MUST BE ACCOMADATED," (meaning a better/different bowl), if the champion is ACCOMADATED, then the NO Bowl can choose another team from that Sunbelt that is bowl eligible.

This is why Troy has not had a bid to NO yet brcause the conference was waiting to see what played out this weekend with all the teams.

Our chances are 85% NO and 15% GMAC

TSU2457
12-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I talked with the ADs office late in the week. The word that Steve is putting out is that we will not have an announcement until Monday.

If we are contractually bound to NO, then say so and quit all the crap.

When they said Monday, I said why not wait until the 19th?

I'm not sure when Troy is going to stop thinking like Pike County Community College and start thinking like the international school that it is. It is tough to make flight and hotel reservations this late and so close to Christmas.

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I talked with the ADs office late in the week. The word that Steve is putting out is that we will not have an announcement until Monday.

If we are contractually bound to NO, then say so and quit all the crap.

When they said Monday, I said why not wait until the 19th?

I'm not sure when Troy is going to stop thinking like Pike County Community College and start thinking like the international school that it is. It is tough to make flight and hotel reservations this late and so close to Christmas.

I can assure you it is not Troy holding up the process. I'm sure they would love to have been selling tickets for the last two weeks.

Troy Trojan
12-05-2009, 11:23 PM
it's the conference that is holding the process up. The conference office wants to do what is best for the conference. Even if it means giving us the shaft.

TSU2457
12-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I can assure you it is not Troy holding up the process. I'm sure they would love to have been selling tickets for the last two weeks.

I'm sure you are right HM, but I think Steve could have said something better in his post game interview than "we have to wait for the dust to clear."

He could have at least laid out a couple of scenarios, or said that we must go to NO if offered, or whatever the dust is that he is talking about.

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm sure you are right HM, but I think Steve could have said something better in his post game interview than "we have to wait for the dust to clear."

He could have at least laid out a couple of scenarios, or said that we must go to NO if offered, or whatever the dust is that he is talking about.

I think there is so much wheeling and dealing going on that he probably didn't know what was going on. Had New Orleans offered we would have accepted.

pkf4troy
12-06-2009, 12:26 AM
How could we know Monday? If the selection shows are tomorrow shouldnt we know then?

MusicMan
12-06-2009, 02:37 AM
How could we know Monday? If the selection shows are tomorrow shouldnt we know then?

depends on if there's a game tomorrow night, and something could happen to the computer's of the BCS and then we'll never know where we're going. Plus, all the votes have to be counted for the BCS berths yada yada yada.....since when has football been decided by a freaking computer?

TroyTrojans2003
12-06-2009, 02:37 AM
yeah I wish this decision would have come the day we won against ULL. I think in the past some bowl official is at some Sunbelt game, and of course where is our so called conference? Arent they suppose to award us then and there with a conference championship? a shirt? patch? something? I hate this conference so bad, but yet we do nothing but crap on ourselves. We need to start winning non-conference games, and get the hell out of this sorry conference. I dont know what some people think when they talk about oh wow, this conference has a bright future. BS! Hell even stupid CBS announcers make fun of us now. I am very disappointed as many of you as well, that we cant even book hotels cause we have no clue where we are going! I am ready to book and order tickets if its New Orleans, anything else, just cant make it due to time and work! very sad state our conference is in....at least one thing positive has come out of this...we are 9-3 :)...about to be 10-3!