PDA

View Full Version : Houston fans thoughts on their bowl destination

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=5246633

troy4ever
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Houston will be going to the Armed Forces bowl....its close by and I highly doubt the #2 CUSA team will be headed to the No Bowl...

USM fans on their boards are already making plans for the NO bowl since Houston lost

pkf4troy
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=5246633

They sound like alot of us.

ThePowerMan
12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Could you post the article or message screen shots

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Houston will be going to the Armed Forces bowl....its close by and I highly doubt the #2 CUSA team will be headed to the No Bowl...

USM fans on their boards are already making plans for the NO bowl since Houston lost

They very well might, but don't ever take the announcers of the games word for it.

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 04:16 PM

HS Blue Chip
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
173 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 2:39 PM

Armed Forces Bowl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give us the Armed Forced Bowl instead of R + L Carriers Bowl.

Reply | Quote
kelseymAll-Conference
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
2517 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 2:42 PM

RE: Armed Forces Bowl (1 vote)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever. They are basically the same freaking thing.
Reply | Quote

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Here is more.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=5247916

Doug4Troy
12-05-2009, 08:00 PM

OK, I did not include all, just the ones I thought were relevant to Troy, NOB, or New Orleans.

Please give us the Armed Forced Bowl instead of R + L Carriers Bowl.

Whatever. They are basically the same freaking thing.

Says a lot about the conference when the loser of the championship game gets stuck with either bowl.

FAR from the same thing. If had had to choose I say give me Ft Worth. Does anyone agree with me now that the window of opportunity is closing as far as our bowl options are concerned?

I'd much prefer a trip to Ft. Worth. Never plan to give the state of LA money ever again.

Armed Forces Bowl is better than the New Orleans Bowl. Send USM to New Orleans, and UH to Fort Worth...hopefully against somebody other than Air Force.

All I'm saying is that I rather go to Armed Forces Bowl to play against AF instead of Troy.

I don't want to end our season in some phony bowl that means nothing. Our season ended today.

Another trip to the NIT...

Haha...good one. sorta.

NOLA against some SunBelt is the CBI - that better freakin NOT happen.

Sounds like it's either Wyoming 6-6 or AF Again, I guess I'd rather play Wyoming at this point, still better than the NO Bowl

Seriously? Really?
You guys would take Ft. Worth over New Orleans?
Think about what you are saying.
Where would you really rather go party?

Ft Worth for me. I've been to New Orleans already this year and had my fill.

This year Ft Worth would be the better option for me. I have friends I can stay with saving on lodging costs. Next year I should be in a much better position to go to whatever bowl UH goes to.

Doug4Troy
12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
They sound like alot of us.

pkf, they do sound like us.

Hemi Man
12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
AlwaysACoogLetterman
Rating: 2.6/5 this site
1473 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 8:01 PM

RE: Armed Forces Bowl or New Orleans Bowl? (1 vote)

If we do go to New Orleans and play Troy, it should be a shoot out because neither team play defense well.

Before today we were #1 in total offense and Troy was #3. We are #1 in passing and Troy is #4

Defense Troy is #101 and we are #110. Rushing defense Troy is #57 in rush defense and we are #113 (out of 120 teams) Passing defense we are #75 and Troy is #117(out of 120 teams.

I think this would be a great shootout and I prefer to go to New Orleans.