PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Anchor

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Ok, this is kind of random, but I'm watching ESPN talking about the SEC title game, and they were talking about their OOC schedules. How Bama beat N. Texas, FIU, Chattanooga, and how Florida's was even worse playing Troy, FIU, and a 6-6 FSU team....that's bull ****. I know we didn't give 'em a run for their money or anything but geez, you would expect ESPN sportscasters to be a little unbiased towards the little guys...

The Messenger
12-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok, this is kind of random, but I'm watching ESPN talking about the SEC title game, and they were talking about their OOC schedules. How Bama beat N. Texas, FIU, Chattanooga, and how Florida's was even worse playing Troy, FIU, and a 6-6 FSU team....that's bull ****. I know we didn't give 'em a run for their money or anything but geez, you would expect ESPN sportscasters to be a little unbiased towards the little guys...

Please. They live for bias. And we lost by fifty points. How much respect do you expect them to give us?

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
but after that, minus the Ark game, you go 8-0? hell I figure that deserves a little credit. Did anyone honestly think that we'd stand a chance? I mean, geez a five year old team against a NCAA powerhouse.....come on, we knew the answer to that

CHughes1102
12-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Stupid Alabama biased announcers...surprised he didnt get up and dance around on top of the desk while screaming "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOL TIIIIIIDDDEEEEEE"

ESPN announcers are so biased it isn't even funny. I bet Saban hands them a check before they get on tv.

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:24 PM
It wouldn't supirse me, it's not like he doesn't have a 16mil contract with a little more bonus money to spare

DedicatedTrojan84
12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Stupid Alabama biased announcers...surprised he didnt get up and dance around on top of the desk while screaming "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOL TIIIIIIDDDEEEEEE"

ESPN announcers are so biased it isn't even funny. I bet Saban hands them a check before they get on tv.

They do get a check, but only after the players are paid that month.

CHughes1102
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
It wouldn't supirse me, it's not like he doesn't have a 16mil contract with a little more bonus money to spare

Yup they think they are God's gift to football and bash the hell out of everybody that isn't them. This explains that Amus guy on the Roundtable that wakes up in the morning with a daily thought of bashing Troy. I have even seen ESPN guys do predictions before and when it gets to Alabama they all give out a "ROLL TIDE!!!"

They do get a check, but only after the players are paid that month.

Haha exactly!!

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
It's actually funny, they pick Bama over everyone except Florida

RDA Trojan
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Did they throw in College of Charleston when talking about Florida? You gotta admit that playing them and FIU the same year was pretty easy. They never left the state but for OOC games, and only did that 4 times. Whereas Alabama gave up a home game to play VT in ATL. Not agreeing with the fact that we were the ones making Florida's worse, but when compared to Alabama, it was worse. Two years in a row they agreed to giving up their 8th home game to face another BCS conference foe at a neutral site. Even the Florida -Georgia game every year, even when UGA is the "home" team, is still in the state of Florida.

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:45 PM
No, they didn't mention Charleston that I heard, but I was fuming about the Troy comment at the time.

RDA Trojan
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
No, they didn't mention Charleston that I heard, but I was fuming about the Troy comment at the time.

Just remember that Brent Musburger (sp?) was touting the Trojans in the preseason, saying that Florida might be upset by us in week 2. These guys are paid to fill air time. I had to turn off the radio this week because of all the Bama/Florida nonsense. They've been talking about this game for over 3 weeks now, ever since they knew it was going to happen. It just gets tiring to listen to.

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh yea, I dont care who wins, but I sure do hope that Nebraska pulls the upset tonight and that'll put TCU or Cincy in the NC. (I'm pulling for Cincy) I just find it annoying that they rag on the little guys that COULD'VE beat them, but they got ahead, we were missing a key player on Defense, Bear was still suspended, and they just got under our skin.

TroyFBFan
12-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe after this years draft the TROY BOYS will just buy the station and FIRE his ARSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Can we just kill ESPN and put up an All Troy Network?

RDA Trojan
12-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Oh yea, I dont care who wins, but I sure do hope that Nebraska pulls the upset tonight and that'll put TCU or Cincy in the NC. (I'm pulling for Cincy) I just find it annoying that they rag on the little guys that COULD'VE beat them, but they got ahead, we were missing a key player on Defense, Bear was still suspended, and they just got under our skin.

If that happens, it could leave either TCU or Boise out of the BCS altogether. TCU/Boise don't get an auto-bid like Cincy does. Texas, even at 12-1, would still get invited to a BCS game, and contractually, Nebraska would have to go to one as well. Cincy, if they win, are in from the Big East. What it would do is open up a chance for a second Big 10 team like Penn State or Iowa to jump in and steal a remaining spot from a non-AQ school.

It would shake out like this as guaranteeds:
SEC Winner, SEC Runner-up, ACC Winner (GT), Big XII Winner (Neb), Big XII Runner-up (Tex), Big 10 winner (OSU), Pac-10 winner (Oregon), Big East winner (Cincy). That's 8, leaving 2 spots for TCU/Boise/PSU/Iowa. Bowls won't care if they're undefeated if they can get a traditional name in there, and Boise would be the lower ranked team, get bumped, possibly wind up in the GMAC, and send a SBC team north.

BCS Game : UA/UF winner vs. TCU/Cincy, whichever ends up ranked 2.
Rose: Ohio State/Oregon
Sugar: UA/UF Loser vs. GT (or ACC Winner)
Orange: Nebraska/Texas vs. TCU/Cincy/Penn State/Iowa
Fiesta: Nebraska/Texas vs. TCU/Cincy/Penn State/Iowa

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Boise St.'s a MAC team though, so they have an automatic Tie-in with GMAC anyway

Navarre Trojan
12-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Boise St.'s a MAC team though, so they have an automatic Tie-in with GMAC anyway

Boise State is a WAC team not MAC.

IF Nebraska upsets Texas (not going to happen) then that would push Boise out. IF Texas wins, and the BCS leaves an undefeated Boise out of the mix, the back lash will UNBEARABLE FROM IDAHO AND BEYOND!!

The Messenger
12-04-2009, 04:26 PM
My bad. Didn't see the catch the previous post.

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 05:44 PM
sorry, I get my conferences mixed up, sorry

TSU-Baggs
12-04-2009, 08:39 PM

You want to change the way they think about Troy....play a MAC conference champion in a bowl game and beat them! That opportunity won't present itself at the NOLA bowl.

MusicMan
12-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I completely agree! What happened to everyone saying Anyone, Anytime, Any place when we were playing Arkansas? So you'll play an SEC team, but are afraid to play a MAC champ? WTF people?!?!?

pelliott
12-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Playing another conference champ is the best for us - if we win - maybe we CAN talk some smack - if we don't - it tells us where we are as a program and we need to get better.

If we did not lose to Bowling Green - we would have some respect. That game sucks

pelliott
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
The SEC should beat us by 50 - look at the SEC football athletic budgets vs. our budget?

Give me 50 times more money and I will beat you by 50 too - we are lucky to be where we are with what we have - just amazes me what LB has accomplished.

Did I say - AMAZING - It really is - AMAZING?

Go Trojans!