PDA

View Full Version : Blakeney on Rivals Radio

Carolina Trojan
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Coach is on with Bill King right now. Said he still doesn't know where we're going bowling. Could be 1 of several bowls.

Hemi Man
12-04-2009, 09:35 AM
You can limit your travel plans to this. Toronto to the north, St Petersburg to the south, Washington DC to the east and Boise and New Mexico to the west. You can rule out any travel plans to California.

Mr. Ho
12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
You can limit your travel plans to this. Toronto to the north, St Petersburg to the south, Washington DC to the east and Boise and New Mexico to the west. You can rule out any travel plans to California.

Why Mr. Ho have feeling Nevada play Ole Southern Miss in New Orleans, CT-Martin play Central Michigan in Mobile and TMTDM end up in New Mexico or Boise??? Boise not bad place, just too far. Albuquerque neat town for about 15 minutes. Mr. Ho would dig Toronto - one of world's great city, but most TMTDM fans probably not have passport.

JCTroy75
12-04-2009, 10:48 AM
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Southern Miss has narrowed its postseason possibilities down to the Armed Forces and New Orleans bowls and is now selling tickets.

Where the Golden Eagles (7-5) land will be determined by the outcome of the Conference USA championship game Saturday between No. 18 Houston and East Carolina. The winner of that game goes to the Liberty Bowl.

Southern Miss beat Troy 30-27 in the New Orleans Bowl last season. That game will be played on Dec. 20 in the Louisiana Superdome this year against a Sun Belt Conference opponent. The Armed Forces Bowl will be held Dec. 31 on the TCU campus in Fort Worth, Texas, and features a Mountain West Conference foe.

This will be Southern Miss’ 12th bowl appearance in 13 seasons.

TroyFootball05
12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Southern Miss has narrowed its postseason possibilities down to the Armed Forces and New Orleans bowls and is now selling tickets.

Where the Golden Eagles (7-5) land will be determined by the outcome of the Conference USA championship game Saturday between No. 18 Houston and East Carolina. The winner of that game goes to the Liberty Bowl.

Seems pretty straight forward. But where do they go if Houston wins? Where do they go if ECU wins? I assume if UH wins, ECU goes to New Orleans and Southern Miss heads to the Armed Forces Bowl?

Tums
12-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Seems pretty straight forward. But where do they go if Houston wins? Where do they go if ECU wins? I assume if UH wins, ECU goes to New Orleans and Southern Miss heads to the Armed Forces Bowl?

I hear that if Houston Wins then USM goes to New Orleans. If Houston Loses then the NO Bowl is going to try and Match Up the #1 & #2 Passers in the country. It all comes down to who wins this week and the best match ups the bowls can get to draw interest.

bigguyonright
12-04-2009, 11:45 AM
living about only 8 hours from boise in cody wyoming, i would love to see the trojans in boise. i would definitely make the trip. and some have mwc member wyoming playing in that game as well, so i could really rip my best friend when the Trojans rip up the cowboys

BMarkey
12-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Having seen both Troy (many times) and Wyoming in person this season, I believe Troy would wallop the Cowboys. They do have some nice and dedicated fans, though.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
12-04-2009, 05:47 PM

Scratch off Boise. The Roady's Humanitarian Bowl plans to invite Bowling Green of the MAC to face Idaho of the WAC.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/sports/football_ncaa/wupw-Bowling-Green-Tribune-Are-the-Falcons-Humanitarians-120309

bigguyonright
12-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Having seen both Troy (many times) and Wyoming in person this season, I believe Troy would wallop the Cowboys. They do have some nice and dedicated fans, though.

i made every wyomng home game this year, while living in laramie, and i have to say, Troy would easily score 50 by halftime. Tcu just obliterated the cowboys, as did byu and #3 texas. the offense is the same one chase daniel ran at mizzou but the qb here is no chase daniel. the defense is pourous and doesnt tackle well and the oline is a big weak spot.

trojanbrutha
12-04-2009, 08:47 PM
yet another bowl thread...(of course it didn't start that way)