PDA

View Full Version : Its a players reward!!!!!!!!!!

TroyFBFan
12-02-2009, 10:09 AM
The bowl game is suppose to be a reward to the players and coaches PERIOD!

I've seen over an over where the players want to go to NO, therefore as CHAMPS that's where we should go, not where's our favorite hangout as fans. They were the ones out practicing on the turf this past summer when the bottom of their feet were burning from being on the turf etc.

trojanbrutha
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I also see that anything beyond 12 games is a reward. The only sure selling point for post season in years past is the NO Bowl, but when at-large possibilities to prove that you're heading in the right direction comes available, I think the choice is obvious...we all need to suck it up and do what you can...

Awesome Show Great Job
12-02-2009, 10:24 AM
have we actually been invited to the GMAC or is all of this based on speculation

TroyFootball05
12-02-2009, 10:25 AM
The bowl game is suppose to be a reward to the players and coaches PERIOD!

I've seen over an over where the players want to go to NO, therefore as CHAMPS that's where we should go, not where's our favorite hangout as fans. They were the ones out practicing on the turf this past summer when the bottom of their feet were burning from being on the turf etc.

I think we're all taking this way too seriously. I'm just excited its bowl season and we're invited. I'd like to go to New Orleans because it'd probably be a lot more fun and it's kind of nostalgic now that I've been twice. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'm not sweating it, wherever we go, we go. What we say and feel on here isn't going to have an influence on what happens anyway, so I think we're entitled to say and feel what we want, about where we as fans would like to go.

Every new thread on here is about the bowl game and where we are going. I don't see why everyone is freaking out like we're at ground zero of the H2N2 virus. Maybe we should start a thread that says "All Bowl Talk HERE"

The Messenger
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
have we actually been invited to the GMAC or is all of this based on speculation

We haven't been invited to either one.

arkstfan
12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Choice one, pits a champion vs. the 5th best team in C-USA with a 7-5 record. Win and it does little except in the local area.

Choice two, pits champion vs. champion. A win over a 10 or 11 win team gets you in the pile of schools being watched for ranking next year.

Choice one, probably a better deal for the seniors.
Choice two, better deal for the juniors, sophmores, freshmen, and red-shirts

I think it is funny for all the bluster about wanting to be a BCS contender last summer that there is is one bit of support for playing in New Orleans if there is the possibility of facing the MAC champion.

A week ago Boise State was in greater fear of missing the BCS and had made it very clear they wanted to come to Mobile because the MAC champion would be the best opponent they could get. See Boise wants to be the best, so they take on tough challenges because they know if they meet the challenge they earn respect.

But hey, why give up fun times goofing around in New Orleans to go to less attractive Mobile. If you go to Mobile you have to play a harder team and run the risk of the MAC champ proving on the field it is superior to the Sun Belt champ. Much safer to have fun and take a crack at C-USA #5.

The Messenger
12-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Choice one, pits a champion vs. the 5th best team in C-USA with a 7-5 record. Win and it does little except in the local area.

Choice two, pits champion vs. champion. A win over a 10 or 11 win team gets you in the pile of schools being watched for ranking next year.

I think it is funny for all the bluster about wanting to be a BCS contender last summer that there is is one bit of support for playing in New Orleans if there is the possibility of facing the MAC champion.

A week ago Boise State was in greater fear of missing the BCS and had made it very clear they wanted to come to Mobile because the MAC champion would be the best opponent they could get. See Boise wants to be the best, so they take on tough challenges because they know if they meet the challenge they earn respect.

But hey, why give up fun times goofing around in New Orleans to go to less attractive Mobile. If you go to Mobile you have to play a harder team and run the risk of the MAC champ proving on the field it is superior to the Sun Belt champ. Much safer to have fun and take a crack at C-USA #5.

Get out of my head.

Buzz Lightyear
12-02-2009, 10:36 AM

When the he double toothpicks are you going to apply to be the Sunbelt Commish......Your points are excellent but let folks know why and what is going on......It is a little more clear now since it is set up. I simply hate when the game is scheduled and some day if the program continues to grow then the attendance to a mid week bowl game for payout purposes is no longer an issue.......Still want you to coup ole Wright.

arkstfan
12-02-2009, 10:36 AM

GMAC can't commit to taking Troy unless 1)Hawaii loses to Wisconsin 2)Boise gets a BCS invite. In other words, GMAC can't do anything until it knows it has a vacancy but by all accounts Troy is pushing New Orleans to go ahead and issue the invite while New Orleans is sitting on it waiting to see if GMAC will open up and will make a final push to convince Troy to accept GMAC if it opens.

1motime
12-02-2009, 10:38 AM

I wondered where you had been. Thanks again for putting this bowl stuff in prospective.:thumb:

arkstfan
12-02-2009, 10:40 AM
When the he double toothpicks are you going to apply to be the Sunbelt Commish......Your points are excellent but let folks know why and what is going on......It is a little more clear now since it is set up. I simply hate when the game is scheduled and some day if the program continues to grow then the attendance to a mid week bowl game for payout purposes is no longer an issue.......Still want you to coup ole Wright.

Having a job where 13 university presidents are my joint bosses with input from 13 athletic directors, 13 senior women's adminstrators, 13 faculty athletic reps, and over 100 coaches.

Just sounds like a barrell of fun.

Buzz Lightyear
12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
The good news is that some people actually like to suffer at work and no matter how poorly you did the work would be compared to Wrights stunning track record......but I get your point.

cville
12-02-2009, 10:46 AM

That is exactly the point. Is the bowl game the last game of the 2009 season or the first game of the 2010 season? It depends on how the coaches treat it. Do we spend the extra practice time working on the underclassmen that can help us next year or the seniors that have done it this year?

I know that is a question that only the coaches can answer.

RDA Trojan
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Every new thread on here is about the bowl game and where we are going. I don't see why everyone is freaking out like we're at ground zero of the H2N2 virus. Maybe we should start a thread that says "All Bowl Talk HERE"

Why don't you start it then? Its getting hard to keep up with it all, since they all have a different title but the same topic.

TroyFootball05
12-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Why don't you start it then? Its getting hard to keep up with it all, since they all have a different title but the same topic.

Well I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure people would go for it, but I'll give it a shot.