PDA

View Full Version : Where?

280Rem
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Are yall see these $89 rooms at the Marriott?

SOTS 86-89
12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Are yall see these $89 rooms at the Marriott?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyla-new-orleans-marriott/

I called them and stated I wanted to book two rooms for the weekend of the New Orleans Bowl, checking in on Friday evening. Without even asking she told me they had a special rate for guests attending the NO Bowl. Confirmation information confirms the 89.00 rate. However, someone (I don't remember who) posted a promo code in association with the NO Bowl...NBFNBFA.

tenaciousT
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyla-new-orleans-marriott/

I called them and stated I wanted to book two rooms for the weekend of the New Orleans Bowl, checking in on Friday evening. Without even asking she told me they had a special rate for guests attending the NO Bowl. Confirmation information confirms the 89.00 rate. However, someone (I don't remember who) posted a promo code in association with the NO Bowl...NBFNBFA.

that code does work, i just tried it. but you need to put the code in the group section, not the promotional code section.

But i am pretty sure that Troy wont be stayin in the Marriot if they go to New Orleans. The team hotels seem to swap every year... meaning Troy would be in the Hilton Riverside. The Hilton Riverside is the other team hotel right??

TSU92
12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Someone posted a while back an email reply they recieved from the N.O. Bowl office.
It basically said they would not know which hotel would host which team until the teams were picked. That leads me to believe they might give whoever the home team is their first choice once invited. So if we do end up there we probably will not know which one the team is in until next Sunday or Monday.

SOTS 86-89
12-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I have a friend that had reservations at the Hilton Riverside a few years ago that showed up with confirmation numbers in hand, only to be told that they had overbooked. They offered no help whatsoever in helping he and his family to find other accomodations. If we do go to NO and they end up being the team hotel I will just walk across the street to mingle with Troy fans.

pkf4troy
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
go to the new orleans bowl site...then visitors, hotels and look for the hotel you want and click or copy and paste the link. the marriott at 555 canal was ours last year so you can reserve now and cancel later if need be.

NAMEUHPETE
12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I am planning to take the family down to Nawlins for the game. This will be our first trip down there. Since there seems to be some uncertainty about which will be the team hotel, which one do you guys recommend? Is the Marriott at 555 Canal within walking distance of the Superdome? Any help is appreciated.

pkf4troy
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I am planning to take the family down to Nawlins for the game. This will be our first trip down there. Since there seems to be some uncertainty about which will be the team hotel, which one do you guys recommend? Is the Marriott at 555 Canal within walking distance of the Superdome? Any help is appreciated.

It was a long walk but it didnt seem like it. A huge group walked together so unless you have to carry children you should be fine. 555 is not set in stone but it was the one used last year for the Sun Belt. I'd book it just in case due to the NFL game and what not. You can cancel if needed.

TROJANFAN26
12-01-2009, 10:34 PM

Personally I recommend the Marriott, I just booked a room there for the game. Stayed there last year and walked to the Superdome. If I remember correctly it's about a 15 minute walk from the Marriott to the dome.
I think they have a 72 hour cancellation policy so if we wind up going to a different bowl, no problem.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msyla-new-orleans-marriott

Oh and make sure you purchase your tickets through the university!!

trojan02
12-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Can you walk to the superdome from the hilton riverside? If so, about how far of a walk is it from there? I'm really hoping we all aren't shooting ourselves in the foot and booking rooms and then for some reason not being able to cancel!

tenaciousT
12-01-2009, 10:41 PM
i did a little (very little) research and found that Hilton Riverside was USM's hotel last year. the year we didnt go Fau stayed at the Sheraton on canal. Of course last year we stayed at the Marriot. So it deffinately looks like it jumps around.

I think i would do like a few others on here, and book now just to make sure you have a hotel and cancel if you can get a room at the team hotel.

NAMEUHPETE
12-02-2009, 09:48 AM
FYI, last night the 89.00 code NBFNBFA worked if you booked online at the Hilton on Canal. I decided to wait until this morning to book, and it was no longer valid. But, I called the reservation number and they gave me the discount.