PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be answered

troyw
12-01-2009, 08:41 PM
If what I am reading is correct, the NO Bowl would rather have MT take our place this year. If this is so, why do we still want to go to that bowl? I say let's find another bowl!

trojan02
12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree! Personally, I think the NO Bowl and the Sunbelt can shove it due to lack of integrity and shady closed door deals! However, I guess this world doesn't run on integrity and shady closed door deals are the way things work! The only reason I'm still rooting for NO is because I can't make it to any other bowl game! (Selfish I know) I want the team to go to whatever game serves them best..I just really want to be there to watch them whip up on whoever they are matched against!

RDA Trojan
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
There are a few things bowls want and a few they don't want.

They want good matchups, fans that travel, and good tv ratings.

They usually don't want the exact same teams in consecutive years, the same team most years, and bad tv ratings. A rematch with S. Miss is highly likely if Troy goes to N. O. Might be great for ratings and matchup, but everyone saw that last year.

JonesOxygen
12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
As my email to Wright Waters said, it is time for him to put on his big boy pants and tell the New Orleans Bowl what the contract reads! If he were a true leader he would put his foot down and make it happen. At the very least Troy should have the right to choose what bowl to select. No offense to MTSU but we should not be catering to them (I would not expect them to do the same for us). This should have been handled last week. The fact that the NOB people cant take common sense and see the number of Troy fans that have traveled to their lovely city the 2 previous years and throw out the fact that we can't sell tickets, I don't know what else to do?
I would love to see the projected number of butts in the seats that MTSU will take, again not taking shots at them just stating facts.

CHughes1102
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
SBC + the refs + this mess = http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo297/erikajene/FAIL.gif

ThePowerMan
12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Youre killin me with these video clips......how do you post one. That is some funny stuff.

TroyTuba
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
MTSU huh? Let 'em have them......