PDA

View Full Version : As long as we're waiting... Top 10

Rufus the Magnum Trojan
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
This bowl situation has made me antsy. I'm on GTT like Elin's on Tiger. If I read another post about how awful the GMAC bowl would be for fans or how incompetent and self-serving our commish is... I may decide to take a four iron to my own head!

So... now that the season is over, let's look at the best -- and worst -- this year has given us.

My Worst Moment :(
Freddie Freakin Barnes
Driving 12 hours to get to the Great Lakes to see this guy run through our secondary like hot snot through a chrome nostril beat me down for weeks.

My Best Moment
Levi to Chip with only seconds left in the half against MTSU. It was anyone's game until this connection occurred. It broke the MUTS spirit and sent the huge student section into a frenzy.

Other nominees for best and worst of 2009 regular season?

Bennekles the Trojan
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
My worst moment: the entire BGSU game.

My best moment: watching Levi break Sym's single-game passing record.

FliryVorru
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
My Worst Moment :(
Freddie Freakin Barnes
Driving 12 hours to get to the Great Lakes to see this guy run through our secondary like hot snot through a chrome nostril beat me down for weeks.

He had 15 catches for 157 yards and 2 TDs in that game.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd probably rate his game against us as his fifth best game of the year. The kid's a monster and deserves major props. At least he didn't torch us for 22 catches, 278 yards, and 3 TDs like he did to Kent State.

BirminghamTrojan
12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Worst...
The option play turnover that killed our momentum at Arkansas

Best...
Another Arkansas play, this time at Arkansas State. The fumbled punt that gave us the chance to take the lead. This team hasn't looked back since then.

JonesOxygen
12-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Worst
The officials stopping the clock at FIU for no reason AT ALL!

Best
The vision that one day the Sun Belt will implode

Sorry, I am on a kick right now with this conference and I can't take it!
By the way, Troy is 26-4 in conference play the last 4 years. GET SOME!

Lucy
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Worst: BG game. The whole thing.

Best: Seeing 6'5" 350-lb James Brown gain some yards on a recovered Troy fumble last week against ULL. Nothing's better than getting to see an o-lineman run the football a little. AND seeing Troy finish the season 8-0 in conference play. That was pretty good, too.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Worst: Walking into The Swamp with hope, and leaving like a crushed pile of poo on their shoes, especially after the crap-tastic BG game.

Best: Crushing UAB and going on to win every single SBC game for a perfect conference record.

tr_oj_ans
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Worst: Walking into The Swamp with hope, and leaving like a crushed pile of poo on their shoes, especially after the crap-tastic BG game.

Best: Crushing UAB and going on to win every single SBC game for a perfect conference record.

Have to agree with the swamp as the worst......and don't forget that it rained so much I felt like Forrest Gump in the "rain" scene.

Best was hearing the same excuses every week for losing to Troy from EVERY team in the Belt.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Maybe I could have said "soaking wet crushed pile of poo." lol :thumb: Actually, most of that experience has been wiped permanently from my memory...

TroyTuba
12-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Best was hearing the same excuses every week for losing to Troy from EVERY team in the Belt.

Well, you know......we only recruit thugs after they go JUCCO or get kicked off a "real team" and of course we get around the APR thing because we have no standards at Troy -blah, blah, blah, blah...........same ol BS from our wonderful conference-mates.

Spiritual_Trojan
12-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Well, you know......we only recruit thugs after they go JUCCO or get kicked off a "real team" and of course we get around the APR thing because we have no standards at Troy -blah, blah, blah, blah...........same ol BS from our wonderful conference-mates.

Yea for the most part I haven't had a prob with the SBC, however it appears that they have one with us. I say we jump ship at the first possible chance we get.

To sum up the year:

Band fee $50

Uniform dry cleaning $7.50 per game

Watching the Trojans go 9-3, win the Conference, and your rival having to wait and see if you get a better bowl before they can have a definite shot at one........ PRICELESS!!!!!!!! :thumb:

TroyTrojans2003
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Worst: watching our defense, and going 1-3 in outa conference games

Best: watching our offense tear it up in the conference games and Levi/recievers tearing it up

TroyTuba
12-02-2009, 09:05 AM
$7.50??????? Ya'll are getting hosed.....

SOTSButterfly
12-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Worst: the Bowling Green game. I won't say FL 'cause I didn't think we'd win that one. But when we lost to Bowling Green when we were supposed to win, I was really worried about the season. I stayed worried until we started winning some games.

Best: finally winning out the conference!! :D

BleedingCardinal
12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Yea for the most part I haven't had a prob with the SBC, however it appears that they have one with us. I say we jump ship at the first possible chance we get.

To sum up the year:

Band fee $50

Uniform dry cleaning $7.50 per game

Watching the Trojans go 9-3, win the Conference, and your rival having to wait and see if you get a better bowl before they can have a definite shot at one........ PRICELESS!!!!!!!! :thumb:

You should be taking it to Troy Cleaners on S. Brundidge it's $5.50!