PDA

View Full Version : What's it going to take...

Rufus the Magnum Trojan
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
To get Trojan 1 (our F-16 jet replica) to the bowl game and on the field? If we can make it happen, I'll gladly contribute to the cost of transport and housing of Billy Lively and other custodians.

1motime
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
What will it take?

One Caribou cross country training flight. Shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

TrueTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Not going to happen. I think it would be a great idea & would love to see it but whatever bowl we go to has a presenting sponsor & secondary sponsors that pay lots of $$$ to be associated with that particular bowl. The Trojan 1 is nothing but advertisement for Air Force ROTC so they would have to pay a hefty sum to make this happen, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe we can sneak it out there....

Troy87
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Ok.....JUST for the sake of visualization.....consider Trojan 1 just cruising down I-65 to Mobile for the GMAC, or onto I-10 and westward for the NO Bowl. Just visualize our intrepid pilot scrunched down in his seat in the plane waving at all the passers by, just like he does as he goes out onto the field after each score.

Ok....maybe it's not funny to everyone, but it struck me as hilarious to see that running down the interstate on its way to a bowl game.

yeahIwin
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Ok.....JUST for the sake of visualization.....consider Trojan 1 just cruising down I-65 to Mobile for the GMAC, or onto I-10 and westward for the NO Bowl. Just visualize our intrepid pilot scrunched down in his seat in the plane waving at all the passers by, just like he does as he goes out onto the field after each score.

Ok....maybe it's not funny to everyone, but it struck me as hilarious to see that running down the interstate on its way to a bowl game.

I had the same thought and too found it hysterical.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
12-01-2009, 11:50 PM
+1

I dunno, but maybe there is a way he could be counted as a mascot or as part of the band?

SOTSButterfly
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
My husband gave the obvious answer: it would fly there. :jester:

On a related note, look who was in Montgomery's Christmas parade:

http://cmsimg.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DS&Date=20091204&Category=COMMUNITIES010305&ArtNo=912040804&Ref=PH&Item=19&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

I yelled out, "Go Troy!" as he passed.

:thumb:

DedicatedTrojan84
12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I think having that think on the field makes us look highly "small time"

Most fans of the other teams of who I do not speak of think so too.

Now blast away folks, but you dont see that knid of stuff going on elsewhere.

SOTSButterfly
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I miss the after-a-TD fireworks. :(

The cannons aren't as interesting, IMO. :tongue:

Troy87
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I miss the after-a-TD fireworks. :(

The cannons aren't as interesting, IMO. :tongue:

After we installed the Franklin Spread Offense, we scored so much, it became too expensive to do the fireworks. In the Fleetwood days, it would take us the whole season to fire as many fireworks as we do in a single game now.

FYI, I say this in jest, but it does have some truth to it.