PDA

View Full Version : Bowl? What Bowl?

playfailstoogain
11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Man - everyone take a deep breath.... the only school in the country that knows what bowl game they are playing in is Navy, Troy LIKE EVERY OTHER bowl bond team is waiting to see how everything shakes out... just because some of y'll are worried about your travel plans does not alter the course or the process. For the first time in the history of our program we have bowl options - enjoy the process.

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Man - everyone take a deep breath.... the only school in the country that knows what bowl game they are playing in is Navy, Troy LIKE EVERY OTHER bowl bond team is waiting to see how everything shakes out... just because some of y'll are worried about your travel plans does not alter the course or the process. For the first time in the history of our program we have bowl options - enjoy the process.

But what is funny is that not only did the Times Picayune but the Sporting News Today on Sunday announced that with Troy's win over ULL it secured their bid to the New Orleans Bowl. So, while you are absolutely correct, we are not the only ones that have "mis read" the language. It is difficult to enjoy a process that is so completely broken from the leadership down (Sun Belt Conference Office and New Orleans Bowl Committee).

Sorry, just the way I feel.

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
The NO bowl is one of the first bowls to be played...If we wait too long and they dont tell us until say December 10th...That could be too little too late for a lot of TROY fans. A lot of people need more than a week in advance to ask off of work and to book flights and rooms and such....While teams like UGA, ALA, GA TECH wont play in a bowl till well after christmas or after new years so they have plenty of time at this point in time!

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
But what is funny is that not only did the Times Picayune but the Sporting News Today on Sunday announced that with Troy's win over ULL it secured their bid to the New Orleans Bowl. So, while you are absolutely correct, we are not the only ones that have "mis read" the language. It is difficult to enjoy a process that is so completely broken from the leadership down (Sun Belt Conference Office and New Orleans Bowl Committee).

See my other posts - NO Bowl Bound...posts.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you.....I am so tired of peoples complaining. If it was up to most here we would go to NO every year because it fits their schedule best. Screw their schedule......like he said "enjoy the process" enjoy the options.

playfailstoogain
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM

That's understandable but i have no problem with this process, we will find out just as far in advance as the CUSA rep finds out, and thats about the same time the CUSA rep has found out every year prior to this one since the NO Bowl has always had this early time slot. The real problems gets back to the fact that we only have on guaranteed bowl game which means we have to go through a wait and see evey year as far as conference options go.
BUT having said that it is nice to be somewhat in the drivers seat in this process. Once a bid is offered and we make our disision the other chips will fall into place.

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
That's understandable but i have no problem with this process, we will find out just as far in advance as the CUSA rep finds out, and thats about the same time the CUSA rep has found out every year prior to this one since the NO Bowl has always had this early time slot. The real problems gets back to the fact that we only have on guaranteed bowl game which means we have to go through a wait and see evey year as far as conference options go.
BUT having said that it is nice to be somewhat in the drivers seat in this process. Once a bid is offered and we make our disision the other chips will fall into place.

isn't about WHO is going, I get that! I know that neither C-USA nor Sun Belt teams have been invited and according to my sources may not be invited until the second week of December. My "Problem" is with the Bowl committee not having the arrangements made so that people can plan. The BIG difference between C-USA and the Sun Belt is that the "Sun Belt Champion" gets an automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl to face the 4th choice out of C-USA.

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2009, 03:30 PM

There is at least one other team that knows where it is going. Ohio State is going to the Rose Bowl. Do you think they know where their team hotel accomdations are?

playfailstoogain
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
isn't about WHO is going, I get that! I know that neither C-USA nor Sun Belt teams have been invited and according to my sources may not be invited until the second week of December. My "Problem" is with the Bowl committee not having the arrangements made so that people can plan. The BIG difference between C-USA and the Sun Belt is that the "Sun Belt Champion" gets an automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl to face the 4th choice out of C-USA.

no question there - the NO Bowl is ran as a little sister bowl by the Bowl Committee -they act like its a surprise every year when it gets to be bowl season - "oh wait - we have to do that again this year? what is the date anyway?" I hate mainy aspects of this conference(including the way our bowl options are set up and out football TV broadcast "deal") but we have no options at this point - and at least there will be 2 gualranteed slots next year. I think Jack and Steve are doing the best they can given what the Sunbelt gives them to work with.