PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Bowl Bound

faithintsu
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I am hearing from folks around the Football Program that we are heading to New Orleans again this year.

I just booked my hotel at the JW Marriott for the game as have many of the family members of the Trojan Family.

Looking forward to an awesome game!!!!

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Ya im hearing the same thing....booked my room at the marriott last night...im hoping that is the Troy team hotel...if not ill just change.

CHughes1102
11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Everybody needs to buy like hell!!!

We need to have a huge crowd there!!!

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
They need to send us the damn invitation! so i can get my damn ticket!

SOTSButterfly
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM

+1!!!! Been ready and waiting since the game against FAU!

CHughes1102
11-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Amen to that...we are also waiting. If we want to have a good crowd..we...um kinda need to get the tickets haha.

cville
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Made my reservations at the Marriott in New Orleans. (with my luck can I assume that means we are going to Mobile?)

Hoping for a sea of Cardinal on Bourbon Street.

cville

pkf4troy
11-30-2009, 12:38 PM
If its the same as last year the team hotel will be the Marriott at 555 Canal St. NOT the JW. Bowl prices can be gotten by going through the bowl web site, visitors then hotels.

faithintsu
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Is the JW not across the street from that Hotel?

pkf4troy
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Its across the street but down a little. Not far though. I think that's where the band stayed last year.

JonesOxygen
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I have reservations at a Hilton Garden Inn and another Hilton behind the Mariott. I did not have any luck with the Marriott, will try it again
later.

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Don't go running to book your NOLA bowl room reservations yet. From a VERY reliable source, just a few minutes ago, there has been NO formal invitation extended to Troy for the NOLA bowl. As I have stated in previous posts on the board, where we go is NOT going to be decided by a popular vote by players and fans, but by those in the Troy and SBC leadership chain.

The bowl we go to will be based on what is beneficial overall from a financial and recognition standpoint for both Troy and the SBC. My guess is the GMAC bowl is still very much in play.

Stay tuned!

JonesOxygen
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Don't go running to book your NOLA bowl room reservations yet. From a VERY reliable source, just a few minutes ago, there has been NO formal invitation extended to Troy for the NOLA bowl. As I have stated in previous posts on the board, where we go is NOT going to be decided by a popular vote by players and fans, but by those in the Troy and SBC leadership chain.

The bowl we go to will be based on what is beneficial overall from a financial and recognition standpoint for both Troy and the SBC. My guess is the GMAC bowl is still very much in play.

Stay tuned!

I'm with you , just talked to someone also. I really don't think we will know anything until the weekend. Too many wait and sees with the other games. However, I want to have a room on standby with no cancellation penalty in New Orleans. I have a free place in Mobile.

svenattroy
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
This whole situation is making me really hate the Sun Belt Conference and, well, Athletic Department higher ups. If we were second place, or Co-Champions who lost the tie breaker, I can see all the discussion being needed. But we are champions, we are obligated due to the contract with the New Orleans Bowl to go there. Because of the way this is handled, I can see Troy's bowl turnout being one of the lowest.

Just my opinion, what's yours?

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Stay tuned!

DISAGREE, GET YOUR ROOMS BOOKED, NOW!! Then, if our destination is GMAC, you can always cancell. I have said this over and over, it is better to have a room and not need it than to need a room and not have it. New Orleans is filling up QUICK with Dallas Cowboys in town the night before and WSOP event the week before at Harrah's I suggest you get that room reserved. If you have to cancell out, so be it! The Mariott has a 72 hour cancellation policy. If it is GMAC, you will not only have plenty of time, but also plenty of rooms to choose from as most Troy fans wll not overnight but will come into town around 3:00, watch the game, and drive home so they don't miss work, school or both.

JaredMc
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
If you ask me, the conference should allow Troy the option to choose since we are the outright champs. The conference leadership is really dropping the ball if they don't do this, IMO.

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
DISAGREE, GET YOUR ROOMS BOOKED, NOW!! Then, if our destination is GMAC, you can always cancell. I have said this over and over, it is better to have a room and not need it than to need a room and not have it. New Orleans is filling up QUICK with Dallas Cowboys in town the night before and WSOP event the week before at Harrah's I suggest you get that room reserved. If you have to cancell out, so be it! The Mariott has a 72 hour cancellation policy. If it is GMAC, you will not only have plenty of time, but also plenty of rooms to choose from as most Troy fans wll not overnight but will come into town around 3:00, watch the game, and drive home so they don't miss work, school or both.

I am not implying that you NOT book a room for the purposes of having it and then cancel later if the venue is not NOLA, just don't bet on it being NOLA, yet. I would definitely NOT book an airline ticket to NOLA at this time unless you can get a full refund.

nasupporter
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
If you ask me, the conference should allow Troy the option to choose since we are the outright champs. The conference leadership is really dropping the ball if they don't do this, IMO.

EXACTLY. This conference is really giving me the creeps. As stated before--
THE NEW ORLEANS BOWL IS FOR THE CHAMPS OF THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE... any questions Mr. Waters?

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
...But we are champions, we are obligated due to the contract with the New Orleans Bowl to go there. Because of the way this is handled, I can see Troy's bowl turnout being one of the lowest.

Just my opinion, what's yours?

Have you or ANYONE on here seen, in writing, what the NOLA bowl contract says about who is "obligated" to go? Unless you have, it's just pure speculation at this point. Maybe Mr. Ho know? Ho?

TroyFBFan
11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
In response to a poster saying that Troy fans will just drive to Mobile and return home after the game. No Way! Heck they wouldn't even drive down the road to home games because it looked rainy. There is no way most will drive to Mobile when it's guaranteed to be at least COLD! So it will definately hurt the attendance if Troy winds up in Mobile playing outdoors.

Our home attendance was down and that's with several future NFL players playing their final season at Troy!

svenattroy
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Here is a story in which the Head of the New Orleans Bowl talks about the contract.

http://www.broburysports.com/news/cfb/sun-belt-seeks-flexibility-from-new-orleans-bowl

Psideffect
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
In response to a poster saying that Troy fans will just drive to Mobile and return home after the game. No Way! Heck they wouldn't even drive down the road to home games because it looked rainy. There is no way most will drive to Mobile when it's guaranteed to be at least COLD! So it will definately hurt the attendance if Troy winds up in Mobile playing outdoors.

Our home attendance was down and that's with several future NFL players playing their final season at Troy!

Personally I will go to any game that the team will go to. Why should the time/place/weather/dayofweek matter to our fanbase when it doesn't matter to any of the teams that we like to compare ourselves to? Our true fans will show up no matter what!!! Weather is the worst excuse EVER to not show up to a game. Rain? bring a poncho.. snow? bring a bigger poncho to fit over your large jacket... If the players can play in it, you can sit in it, I promise. I would much rather watch my Trojans in a blizzard then watch another team on my couch. Personally I don't care where we go I can have fun anywhere. When I was in the band the most fun trips were in what I thought would be the most boring cities.

(first post btw :scared:)

The Messenger
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Personally I will go to any game that the team will go to. Why should the time/place/weather/dayofweek matter to our fanbase when it doesn't matter to any of the teams that we like to compare ourselves to? Our true fans will show up no matter what!!! Weather is the worst excuse EVER to not show up to a game. Rain? bring a poncho.. snow? bring a bigger poncho to fit over your large jacket... If the players can play in it, you can sit in it, I promise. I would much rather watch my Trojans in a blizzard then watch another team on my couch. Personally I don't care where we go I can have fun anywhere. When I was in the band the most fun trips were in what I thought would be the most boring cities.

+1. And it's about time you showed up.

Psideffect
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
+1. And it's about time you showed up.

haha thanks, and I will be over to watch the game, idk if anyone else is cause of the xmas parade though.

The Messenger
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Sounds good. I'm ready for this one.

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 03:38 PM

Great first post!!

TSU-Baggs
11-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Here is a story in which the Head of the New Orleans Bowl talks about the contract.

http://www.broburysports.com/news/cfb/sun-belt-seeks-flexibility-from-new-orleans-bowl

Thanks....will print out and have to read it later.

SOTSButterfly
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Welcome! Nice post. Especially this:

I would much rather watch my Trojans in a blizzard then watch another team on my couch.

Amen!

SOTSButterfly
11-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks....will print out and have to read it later.

Hopefully I'll remember to read it at home. That website is blocked for me here at work. :confused-smiley-004

trojanbrutha
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Very impressive, if I do say so myself...you've got a lot of postin' to catch up on, huh? Welcome aboard! :wave:

JaredMc
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM

“We have already presented a contract to the Sun Belt Conference to host their champion through 2013, as we have done since the inception of the bowl,” New Orleans Bowl chairman Paul Valteau said in a written statement.

SOTS 86-89
11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Made reservations at the Marriott (555 Canal). Got the NO Bowl rate of 89.00 per night. They do have a 72 hour cancellation policy.

tntrojan
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
The broburysports article makes it sound like the NO Bowl does not want anyone BUT the Sunbelt Champion. If that is the case, why haven't they extended the invite? I am finding it hard to believe Wright Waters is being completely honest when he says the selection is being held up by the NO Bowl organizers.
I'll go where ever we play (yes I was in San Jose) but a cold mid-week night in Mobile will be tougher to make than a weekend in the Big Easy. My .02.

ThePowerMan
11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
It would be hard for them to say "Troy, you are Officially invited to the NO Bowl" and then hear Steve Dennis say..."Well, thank you.....but we are holding out for a better bowl if one is available."

Don't you think that NO Bowl officials, Steve Dennis, Dr Hawkins, W. Waters, and several others are on the phone everyday?

TFan
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
.....Don't you think that NO Bowl officials, Steve Dennis, Dr Hawkins, W. Waters, and several others are on the phone everyday?

Most certainly so! and message board opinion has little sway over those 'phone conversations.

GO TROJANS!

Spiritual_Trojan
11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
I was on BRZ and found this link saying that the NO bowl wouldn't announce until Sunday, what do yall think??

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=349&f=2388&t=5221152

trojanbrutha
12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I was on BRZ and found this link saying that the NO bowl wouldn't announce until Sunday, what do yall think??

Well, looks like gtt.com is getting its 15 mins over there...:paperbag:

Spiritual_Trojan
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Lol yea they really hate us

TFan
12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Just sour grapes fan chatter for the most part. I do think at times some of our posters here "want our cake and eat it too!"

GO TROJANS!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
12-01-2009, 07:54 AM

It would only be politically correct to do so. Technically, the last weekend of the regular season isn't until Saturday anyways. I suspect that New Orleans won't be the only bowl extending invitations on Sunday as well.

troyw
12-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Announcing this weekend only leaves two weeks before the bowl. Talk about waiting until the last minute!

yeahIwin
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't understand the complaining and such about only a "two weeks notice"
We didn't know if we were going to NOLA until this time last year and we all made it there.

troyw
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't understand the complaining and such about only a "two weeks notice"
We didn't know if we were going to NOLA until this time last year and we all made it there.

"This time last year" was three weeks before the bowl and there was no doubt that we were going to NOLA. This year, we may have to wait another week longer plus we aren't sure that NOLA is our destination.

TSU92
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I know this is an inconvenience for all of us but we are not the only ones that play that soon and don't know where we are going. Both the St. Pete & New Mexico bowls are a day before the N.O. Bowl and there are another 3 or 4 that are just a day or so after.
There are a lot of teams and fans out there that would love to be going through this inconvenience.

Hemi Man
12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I think it all depends on Boise St. If they fall to the GMAC we go to New Orleans and MT to Detroit. If not I think we end up in Mobile and MT in New Orleans. I'm sure the New Orleans Bowl wants to avoid a rematch of last years game. If we do end up in Mobile I think we could avenge the BG loss by beating the MAC champ.

All just my opinion though.

DedicatedTrojan84
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I think it all depends on Boise St. If they fall to the GMAC we go to New Orleans and MT to Detroit. If not I think we end up in Mobile and MT in New Orleans. I'm sure the New Orleans Bowl wants to avoid a rematch of last years game. If we do end up in Mobile I think we could avenge the BG loss by beating the MAC champ.

I like you opinion. I want to play a conference champ not a middle of the road CrapUSA team. I know we are a minority so lets not talk about it any more.

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 09:51 AM
The CUSA #4 team is better than a #1 MAC team...

If u went up to a Bama Fan or a AUB fan and asked them which team is better? Southern Miss or Central Mich......They would all say Southern Miss..

hell FAU beat Central Mich last year when they were the #2 team in the MAC and FAU was the #3 team (AT BEST) from SBC last year

Mr. Ho
12-01-2009, 10:13 AM
The CUSA #4 team is better than a #1 MAC team...

If u went up to a Bama Fan or a AUB fan and asked them which team is better? Southern Miss or Central Mich......They would all say Southern Miss..

hell FAU beat Central Mich last year when they were the #2 team in the MAC and FAU was the #3 team (AT BEST) from SBC last year

AND TMTDM lost to the #6 CDOA team, so it not matter what Bammer or Barn fan think. We still not get it done on field.

TSU-Baggs
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM

This makes the most sense.

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Well to respond to an earlier statement that the neither the players or coaches will have any say in where the team goes you are 100% wrong. I am in a number of classes with football players and we regularly talk football after class, and yesterday I was informed of a vote to take place at 4pm yesterday. This vote was handed down by the Chancellor and staff as the choice of the players and they were told whatever they chose would be the bowl they went to.

The players I spoke to only had two options: #1 New Orleans cause we won it, and #2 and this is a ONLY IF situation Whatever bowl Auburn is in, because they have been told that is a serious possibility but they have to try and hold out for it.

Again this is from the players specifically.

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Very interesting PC!!!

Any idea which one won the vote?

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
no clue but I will find out something in the next day or so tomorrow is dead day then I have all my classes with these guys on thursday, so as soon as I hear something I will pass it on

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 10:45 AM
So if they choose #2 and Auburn did not work out what would then happen??

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 10:46 AM
They said they would only choose #2 IF Auburn was in, this isn't a choose one and lose out option, when the decision is made they will know their opponent in either bowl regardless

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
so GMAC bowl isnt even an option for the players?

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Not that they told me, they want NO or Auburn PERIOD! I like the way they are thinking!

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 10:56 AM
me too....Good LAWD! An Auburn matchup would be HUGE!!!

It would finally make those that wear Aub stuff at the Troy game choose a side!

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah well they wanna beat on their second Alabama team of the year as they put it!

newnan trojan
12-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Auburn is currently projected to the Papa Johns bowl...

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
no clue what to tell ya there lol

DedicatedTrojan84
12-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Auburn is currently projected to the Papa Johns bowl...

Many projections have them in the Independance bowl

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:03 AM
That is the only possibility I have seen for a Troy Auburn match-up

NWFLTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Well to respond to an earlier statement that the neither the players or coaches will have any say in where the team goes you are 100% wrong. I am in a number of classes with football players and we regularly talk football after class, and yesterday I was informed of a vote to take place at 4pm yesterday. This vote was handed down by the Chancellor and staff as the choice of the players and they were told whatever they chose would be the bowl they went to.

The players I spoke to only had two options: #1 New Orleans cause we won it, and #2 and this is a ONLY IF situation Whatever bowl Auburn is in, because they have been told that is a serious possibility but they have to try and hold out for it.

Again this is from the players specifically.

I think those guys are pulling your chain. Any bowl game that Auburn would play in is already tied to a conference which will fill that spot, so why would the Chancellor and his staff ask the team to vote for something that is not an option? Is the Sunbelt able to talk the Big East or the Big 12 into sending their team to Mobile or Detroit to face a MAC team rather than playing Auburn? I doubt WW has that pull.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they were messing with you. I dont doubt that they want to go to New Orleans but playing Auburn is not an option.

TSU92
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Just think of the attendance at this game. It should be sold out!

But, I didn't think this was a possibility at the Papa John's with the Big East filling all its slots. Unless they work some sort of trade everyone will agree on.

I hate getting my hopes up and then coming back to earth.

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I think those guys are pulling your chain. Any bowl game that Auburn would play in is already tied to a conference which will fill that spot, so why would the Chancellor and his staff ask the team to vote for something that is not an option? Is the Sunbelt able to talk the Big East or the Big 12 into sending their team to Mobile or Detroit to face a MAC team rather than playing Auburn? I doubt WW has that pull.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they were messing with you. I dont doubt that they want to go to New Orleans but playing Auburn is not an option.

Well yeah since I guess these are some close friends that yes they would pull my chain knowing that I get to report these things on the record for services here in Troy.

No, I do not think that this is the case, so moving on now. I will speak this clearly so you can understand... THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF PICK AUBURN WE GET IT, IT IS A MATTER OF IF AUBURN BECOMES AN OPTION DO YOU WANT IT, OR WOULD YOU RATHER JUST GO AHEAD AND SELECT NEW ORLEANS. THINGS MUST FALL IN PLACE FOR AUBURN TO BE A POSSIBILITY AND THE PLAYERS WERE VOTING ON WHETHER THEY WANTED TO WAIT IT OUT OR GO AHEAD AND MAKE A DECISION.

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Also I am sorry but I take shots like this somewhat personally (it is just my nature) so you are telling me that there is no possible way we get Auburn, so you know everything that could happen between now and next sunday. I guess I have a problem with anyone who throws out definates when this is all possibilities and conjecture. Anything could happen, I know I would love an instate rivalry at my bowl if I could, if infact it wasn't a game played during the regular season.

Just saying....

playfailstoogain
12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Auburns beat writer should be posting a story soon about them being in the running for the Outback Bowl. On top of that there are no tie-ins with SEC bowls that will have an open slot unless a swap is made with GMAC or similar bowl. NWFTrojan is generally "in the know" as good as anyone else.

Cane gone Trojan
12-01-2009, 11:45 AM
It has been my gut feeling all along that there IS a outside shot at a Troy vs Auburn match up. I believe that this long shot possibility is definitely ONE of the reasons that Troy has not already accepted a N.O bowl bid, but I also believe that the GMAC bowl possibility is another reason for the hold up. If I was a player, I would definitely want to go to the N.O bowl over the GMAC, but I would rather play Auburn in any bowl If possible. I wouldn't care if it was called the TOILET BOWL, and it was being played in a stadium down a dirt road in the middle of Mississippi. Go Troy Go!!!!

Navarre Trojan
12-01-2009, 12:29 PM
or FEI - The New Orleans Bowl hasn't invited anyone yet, therefore there has been no invitation to accept. There are several "players" in this mix, GMAC, NO Bowl, Troy, etc.

I can confirm that the players did have a 4:00 meeting yesterday and their options discussed. Whether or not a "vote" was taken, I have yet to hear, or if so, what the results were. However, the players are a bit more up-to-date than this board, and are also being told to keep it close to the vest for now.

Hemi Man
12-01-2009, 01:03 PM

Without looking the only option that comes to mind would be and upset of Texas in the big 12 game and them Texas bumping Boise St out of the BCS. This would leave an opening in Shreveport for the Big 12 represenative. Kansas St is 6-6, but is not bowl eligible, because 2 of their wins were against FCS opponents. You can only count one towards bowl eligibilty. No guarantee that the Independence Bowl would go for this matchup, but it is a feasible option.

NWFLTrojan
12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I am sorry if I touched a nerve, I did not mean to do that.

However, I do not see any way that TROY plays Auburn in a bowl game this year, because, in addition to many of the reasons stated in another thread, any bowl game that Auburn is set to appear in is booked on the other end. Every conference that has tie ins to SEC tie in Bowls have enough teams to fill their slots.

Now, if I am wrong (it wont be the first time) I will be the first to admit it but I don't see it happening.

NWFLTrojan
12-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Without looking the only option that comes to mind would be and upset of Texas in the big 12 game and them Texas bumping Boise St out of the BCS. This would leave an opening in Shreveport for the Big 12 represenative. Kansas St is 6-6, but is not bowl eligible, because 2 of their wins were against FCS opponents. You can only count one towards bowl eligibilty. No guarantee that the Independence Bowl would go for this matchup, but it is a feasible option.

Well, then I could be wrong. I had not thought of that.

War_Damn_Trojans
12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Doesn't look like a Troy/Auburn match-up will happen this year. According to the Auburn message boards, Auburn is in serious talks with the Outback bowl. I personally would love to see a Troy/Auburn match-up, although as an Auburn student/fan and a Troy fan, I would have no idea who to cheer for lol.

I think that the better bowl for Troy would be the GMAC bowl, you get a better match-up than the NO bowl and any January bowl is going to have higher TV ratings than a December bowl, which means more potential recruits see Troy in action. If Troy is serious about becoming a more prominent football program, they need to go for the best bowl they can get. For this year at least, that looks to be the GMAC bowl.

TroyTrojans2003
12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
no if we are serious about becoming a legit team, we need to start winning out of conference games, seems the only games we win is the conference games and UAB, we still win like we are in I-AA...dont say it isnt true LOL

CHughes1102
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
no if we are serious about becoming a legit team, we need to start winning out of conference games, seems the only games we win is the conference games and UAB, we still win like we are in I-AA...dont say it isnt true LOL

Sense...you made none.

pkf4troy
12-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Scratch Auburn off our possible match ups. I am hearing they are heading to the Outback vs. Wisconcin.

RDA Trojan
12-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Doesn't look like a Troy/Auburn match-up will happen this year. According to the Auburn message boards, Auburn is in serious talks with the Outback bowl. I personally would love to see a Troy/Auburn match-up, although as an Auburn student/fan and a Troy fan, I would have no idea who to cheer for lol.

I think that the better bowl for Troy would be the GMAC bowl, you get a better match-up than the NO bowl and any January bowl is going to have higher TV ratings than a December bowl, which means more potential recruits see Troy in action. If Troy is serious about becoming a more prominent football program, they need to go for the best bowl they can get. For this year at least, that looks to be the GMAC bowl.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/12/auburn_set_to_play_in_outback.html

Auburn is set to play in the Outback Bowl in Tampa on New Year's Day, according to people familiar with the bowl process. An official announcement is expected later today.

Auburn appears to have emerged as one of the big winners among the six SEC teams that finished with 7-5 records, sending Gene Chizik to a New Year's Day game in his first year as the Tigers' coach.

Auburn will likely play Wisconsin out of the Big Ten. The Badgers are ranked 17th nationally and will take an 8-3 record into a Saturday game at Hawaii.

The Outback usually picks an SEC East team, but chose Auburn out of the West. Teams have spent the last three days jockeying for bowl position. Tennessee, which had lobbied for the Outback, may now play in the Chick fil-A Bowl in Atlanta.

The Outback is for early rises -- it kicks off at 10 a.m.

PCTrojan
12-01-2009, 02:37 PM
That sux, well in this case I am gonna make my reservations for NO now

RDA Trojan
12-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I know its a little off-topic, but since AU or other SEC matchups have been mentioned in here, this is how it shakes out, in order.

BCS - UF/UA winner

Sugar - UF/UA loser

Capital - Probably LSU, based on - The bowl must select the team with the next best overall record or a team within one win of the team with the next best overall record. LSU is 9-3, and Ole Miss is the only other one they could take at 8-4. But they're going to the Cotton.

These three pick the 3-5 picks and work with the conference.
Cotton Bowl - Ole Miss
Outback - Auburn
Chick-Fil-A - Probably Georgia or South Carolina. Both are 7-5 and close to Atlanta. If Georgia goes based on beating GT, then look for SC to head to the Liberty or Music City after beating Clemson.

6-7 are the:
Liberty: Tennessee/Kentucky/South Carolina/Arkansas/Georgia
Music City: ditto
8-9:
Independence: ditto
PapaJohns.com: ditto