PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Festivities

trojan02
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
This will be my first bowl game, so I wasn't really sure what the normal schedule for the festivities is. I've booked a room at the Hilton Riverside, but I wasn't sure if it was worth driving down Friday night because I wouldn't get there till midnight. Are there things going on for the team during the day on Saturday that I would miss if I drove down on Saturday instead of Friday?

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM
I dont think so....Ill probally be flying in on Saturday early in the morning...I just like to go out and hit the french quarter and see all the other Troy fans around town...Saturday night is a lot of fun however! Being on Bourbon Street the Night before the game is Crazy fun to me!

Troy87
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM
This will be my first bowl game, so I wasn't really sure what the normal schedule for the festivities is. I've booked a room at the Hilton Riverside, but I wasn't sure if it was worth driving down Friday night because I wouldn't get there till midnight. Are there things going on for the team during the day on Saturday that I would miss if I drove down on Saturday instead of Friday?

Not really. Saturday morning doesn't usually have much scheduled. Most activities are Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. There is a donor appreciation party on Friday night, but because a lot of us work, there's not likely to be a big crowd for it....just like last year!

Navarre Trojan
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I have made my reservations at the Mariott Hotel, which I believe will be the team hotel for the Sun Belt Representatives. However, I emailed the entire administrative staff of the New Orleans Bowl and asked them which hotels C-USA and Sun Belt will be. Hopefully they will provide some feedback. IF I get anything I will post immediately.

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I called the New Orleans bowl office and talked with the secretary, She said they should know by now which hotel the SBC will be in but she doesnt know...She transfered me to another person and said to leave her a voice message and she will return my call when she comes in....so maybe ill hear something!

Hemi Man
11-30-2009, 09:44 AM
When I asked a few weeks ago they told me they would not release the team hotels until the teams are announced.