PDA

View Full Version : Why not our #2 team?

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
I posted this in a eariler thread but decided to start this one....

Why dont we Send MTSU to Mobile so we can say to the MAC..."Here is our #2 team to play your MAC #1 champ!"... I fully believe MTSU would win. MTSU is probally just as good as we are especially here late here in the season!

GMAC may be a LITTLE bit better mainly because of the payout...BUT doesnt matter anyway when the money made at the bowl is spread around the conference. If Troy goes to New Orleans and MTSU goes to Mobile the total payout will be over 1million....That money is bases on ticket sales and then its distributed among the SBC teams....We would make the same amount of money if we went to NO or Mobile reguardless...

I think it would send a STONG message to the MAC if we send our #2 team to Mobile and MTSU beats them!

Currently Southern Miss is the #4 Team in CUSA....Its looking more and more like Southern Miss will be going to New Orleans since the #4 teams usually gets the NO bowl...

The Messenger
11-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Who's the last MAC team TROY beat? And when was it? It was Marshall and they're not even in the MAC anymore.

Who's the last Big Ten team a Sun Belt team beat? Because Central Michigan beat Michigan State earlier this year.

I much as some of you would like to believe it's true, the Sun Belt is not much better than the MAC, if at all. The MAC has many more marquee wins and probably head-to-head wins over then Sun Belt.

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Last year FAU went up to Detroit and beat Central Michigan...FAU was 6-6 and in 3 or 4th place in SBC last year and Central Michigan was #2 in the MAC I believe..

With the exception of this year....when was the last time we have even played a MAC team???
ANSWER IS 2004 when we beat MARSHALL....

Thats a poor excuse when we havent even played a MAC team since 2004's Marshall (with the exception of this year which everyone knows we didnt play a good game)

The Messenger
11-30-2009, 09:07 AM
My point is we played a MAC team this year and lost. We don't need to act like we're so much better than them until we beat a current team from that conference.

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Thats why it would look better to send MTSU to mobile so our #2 team can beat their #1 team!

Troy87
11-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Last year FAU went up to Detroit and beat Central Michigan...FAU was 6-6 and in 3 or 4th place in SBC last year and Central Michigan was #2 in the MAC I believe..

With the exception of this year....when was the last time we have even played a MAC team???
ANSWER IS 2004 when we beat MARSHALL....

Thats a poor excuse when we havent even played a MAC team since 2004's Marshall (with the exception of this year which everyone knows we didnt play a good game)

Actually, the last MAC team we played before this year was Northern Illinois in the Silicon Valley Bowl, also in 2004. We know the result.