PDA

View Full Version : Nativity in New Orleans

Rufus the Magnum Trojan
11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
They must be recreating the nativity in the Big Easy during NO bowl weekend because there is no room at the inn. It looks like I'll be staying at the manger when we go down. No rooms to be had right now without paying up front. Only rooms at Marriott are $459/night.

Buzz Lightyear
11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
They must be recreating the nativity in the Big Easy during NO bowl weekend because there is no room at the inn. It looks like I'll be staying at the manger when we go down. No rooms to be had right now without paying up front. Only rooms at Marriott are $459/night.

Rufus if you go to the New Orleans bowl website there is a list of hotels that you just state that you are booking with the New Orleans bowl they range 79-99 dollars a nite. I have booked two rooms at the Court Yard Marriott for 89 bucks a nite.

Spiritual_Trojan
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
It's gonna be tough with rooms down there considering that the Saints play the cowboy's in the Big Easy the night before. Which could boost the attence of the NO bowl, some of theNFL fans who might want to get two games off one trip.

The Red Wave
11-29-2009, 09:13 PM

The Marriott on Canal (Team Hotel) is $119.00 per night.....once we are selected, we can get the NO Bowl Rate which is $89.00. I booked 4 rooms last week at $119.00 just to hold them.

CHughes1102
11-29-2009, 09:14 PM
It's gonna be tough with rooms down there considering that the Saints play the cowboy's in the Big Easy the night before. Which could boost the attence of the NO bowl, some of theNFL fans who might want to get two games off one trip.

Havent thought about that...that could be huge!! We should sell more tickets this year and if the other team sells good, then it might be a well attended game.

Navarre Trojan
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!!

I booked 4 rooms three weeks ago, before the FAU game, at the Mariott for $89 per night. Just call them, tell them that the New Orleans Bowl Fan Rate is $89 per night as stated on the New Orleans Bowl website, and they should give you that rate.

They also have a 72 cancellation policy, which is our out in case we 'choose' to go to some other bowl.

CHughes1102
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!!

I booked 4 rooms three weeks ago, before the FAU game, at the Mariott for $89 per night. Just call them, tell them that the New Orleans Bowl Fan Rate is $89 per night as stated on the New Orleans Bowl website, and they should give you that rate.

They also have a 72 cancellation policy, which is our out in case we 'choose' to go to some other bowl.

We did the same...we also booked before the FAU game. Everybody needs to try to book NOW!!!

bulldogtrojan
11-29-2009, 10:04 PM
If you are trying to get rooms at the Marriott you can already get the New Orleans bowl rate if you use the code from the bowl web site - NBFNBFA is the code.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Does someone have an insider hint as to which of the two hotels (Marriott - New Orleans and Hilton - Riverside) will be the SunBelt hotel? I like so many others have already booked rooms (The Courtyard Marriott Downtown 124 St. Charles Avenue) with the New Orleans Bowl rate, but we would probably move to the team hotel if rooms are available when an announcement is FINALLY made. Maybe we should just make the Courtyard the official GTT.com hotel :-)

TSU92
11-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Are we sure the Marriott will be our team hotel? I thought they swap it every year between that and the Hilton Riverside and we were in the Marriot last year.

SOTSButterfly
11-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I just booked a room in each (Marriot and Hilton). Hoping I can smoothly cancel the extra (or both) when needed.

nohuddle
11-30-2009, 09:12 AM
the Hilton told me that would charge a deposit to hold the room. The rest of you that booked at the Hilton for the New Orleans Bowl rate, did they charge a deposit?

trojan02
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM
A deposit was held of 92.27 at the Hilton to hold a room. However, it still says you can cancel 3 days before without suffering cancellation penalties.

newnan trojan
11-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I booked my room at the marriott last night...it was 89 a night and im staying 2 nights atleast....They didnt withdraw any money. and they said they dont pull any money from your account till you check in!