PDA

View Full Version : Marshall news: potential bowl opponent

Mike Cunningham
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Snyder resigns at Marshall after five seasons

HUNTINGTON (AP) -- Marshall football coach Mark Snyder is resigning.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/11/29/marshall.snyder.ap/index.html#ixzz0YI53ByWv (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/11/29/marshall.snyder.ap/index.html#ixzz0YI53ByWv)

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Nothing against Marshall, but I sure hope we don't play them, I mean, why is if fair for us to be 9-3 playing them at 6-6? I don't even think it'd be a good game geez...

svenattroy
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I remember when we were just starting out in D1A we would play Marshall every year. The games were always good, and, dare I say it, they became our first D1A rival! Then, for some reason, we stopped. I think it would be great to play them in New Orleans, just so I can be reminded of my good ol' college days!

Man, it's tough being in a school that got rid of football in the 1900's!

Mike Cunningham
11-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Marshall did beat BGSU this year and beat UAB 27-7.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 05:47 PM
The UAB game doen'st suprise me....but the BGSU is a interesting fact though....

Doug4Troy
11-29-2009, 05:48 PM
What is Bowling Green's record?

Doug4Troy
11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
What is Bowling Green's record?

Never mind, 7-5. Still can't believe we lost to them. Arggggggggggh.

TroyFootball05
11-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Nothing against Marshall, but I sure hope we don't play them, I mean, why is if fair for us to be 9-3 playing them at 6-6? I don't even think it'd be a good game geez...

Tell that to Southern Miss...I mean, we were what? 1 point away from being 9-3 last season? (ULM game). Southern Miss was 6-6, like Marshall, and with the way our defense is doing, I'm pretty sure Marshall will make it a good game. Offense will have to carry our team to a victory no matter who we play, because our secondary hasn't been much help to our front seven.

Love those guys, they are young and we haven't had the luxury of having a seasoned secondary. Not blaming anyone or anything but sheer inexperience and depth. If i had to blame anyone, I'd blame those who were going to help us, but became academically ineligible.

trojanbrutha
11-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Tell that to Southern Miss...I mean, we were what? 1 point away from being 9-3 last season? (ULM game). Southern Miss was 6-6, like Marshall, and with the way our defense is doing, I'm pretty sure Marshall will make it a good game. Offense will have to carry our team to a victory no matter who we play, because our secondary hasn't been much help to our front seven.

Love those guys, they are young and we haven't had the luxury of having a seasoned secondary. Not blaming anyone or anything but sheer inexperience and depth. If i had to blame anyone, I'd blame those who were going to help us, but became academically ineligible.

...and Leodis and E Mac for graduatin' :rollinglaugh:

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Ok, Ok, I concede, I agree with you guys now.

TroyFootball05
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Ok, Ok, I concede, I agree with you guys now.

Sorry if that sounded rude, I wasn't attacking you or anything :thumb:

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
No I knew you weren't attacking me, I was just conceding a undefensiable argument, that was all.

Doug4Troy
11-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Looks like ESPN has changed their predictions to a Troy/Southern Miss rematch in the NO Bowl: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Looks like ESPN has changed their predictions to a Troy/Southern Miss rematch in the NO Bowl: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

that would be interesting if that's where we go

Doug4Troy
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Southern Miss is 7-5 BTW.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok, record don't mean anything XD I get it :-P

NWFLTrojan
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM

I can see that happening. A rematch of the highest attended and most exciting game in NO Bowl history. I think ESPN could sell that.

I have not chimed in on the Bowl speculation but here is my $.02. I had us penciled in for the GMAC bowl for several reasons but now I find it hard to believe that we will wait another week to announce where we are going (from reading the other thread it looks like the decision on who is attending the GMAC game will not be made until next Sunday and it depends on several senarios). I expect that who ever attends the NO Bowl will want more than 14 days to sell tickets. So, now I expect that TROY will announce on Monday that we are heading to New Orleans.

Also, it seems like Marshall will have a new coach for the bowl game, haven't we done that already this year to poor results. I hope we don't have to live through that again.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I can see that happening. A rematch of the highest attended and most exciting game in NO Bowl history. I think ESPN could sell that.

I have not chimed in on the Bowl speculation but here is my $.02. I had us penciled in for the GMAC bowl for several reasons but now I find it hard to believe that we will wait another week to announce where we are going (from reading the other thread it looks like the decision on who is attending the GMAC game will not be made until next Sunday and it depends on several senarios). I expect that who ever attends the NO Bowl will want more than 14 days to sell tickets. So, now I expect that TROY will announce on Monday that we are heading to New Orleans.

Also, it seems like Marshall will have a new coach for the bowl game, haven't we done that already this year to poor results. I hope we don't have to live through that again.

They can't announce it if the SBC has asked the NO reps to hold up on the invitation until after next week, and if we dont get the invite then there's no announcement.

Buzz Lightyear
11-29-2009, 08:02 PM
If we go to outside bowl in the middle of the week..........would be a real hard hard sell to the Trojan masses........ok small mass..........Would have liked to have gone somewhere but indoor and a rematch is not a bad idea......Come on Steve just let everyone know now and we can have better ticket sales.

The Red Wave
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
the longer we wait, the worse the ticket sales. There is absolutely NO way the can sell and mail tickets in time for the bowl. We simply do not have the staff. If this is TRULLY about $, then they better move this week! People need to book airfare , book hotels, take time off, etc. The longer you wait the worse it will be! Take that to the bank.

TroyTrojanNYC
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
So someone explain to me why everyone on here is getting so upset with not knowing the bowl situation yet. I'm reading all this stuff about how it will affect ticket sales, room bookings, etc. etc. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong - correct me if I am) -- NONE of the bowl pairings are announced yet and seems to me Troy is only one of MANY MANY teams that do NOT know where they will be bowling yet.

What's the deal?????????

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
So someone explain to me why everyone on here is getting so upset with not knowing the bowl situation yet. I'm reading all this stuff about how it will affect ticket sales, room bookings, etc. etc. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong - correct me if I am) -- NONE of the bowl pairings are announced yet and seems to me Troy is only one of MANY MANY teams that do NOT know where they will be bowling yet.

What's the deal?????????

The biggest deal is that if Troy goes to the NO that means that there's only two weeks to make plans because of the bowl date, and a lot of people have to ask for time off sooner than that

TroyTrojanNYC
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Ahhh gotcha. But couldn't people just go ahead and ask for the time off NOW, and if the NO Bowl doesn't happen - revise their "time off request" or cancel it altogether. I've never known an employer to get upset over someone cancelling plans to be off. Granted, it's not ideal, but it seems better than all the hand-wringing that's going on with these posts.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
well idk what everyone elses situation is, but NO is just too far for me to go, I can't do it, so I'm hoping for a bigger, better bowl

Hector
11-29-2009, 09:15 PM
We need to face reality here. Sure, it would be great to already know which bowl we are going to, but the bowl invites will simply not be made nationally until next weekend. There are still some games to be played, which could affect who goes where. All teams have to deal with this situation, not just us. Not a thing we can do about it. Certainly our administration's hands are tied until then.

CHughes1102
11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
We will be fine guys...just sit back and see where we go. We will probably end up in N.O. anyway. Just wait until its announced then buy buy buy!!!!

TSU92
11-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Troy ad in today's paper says tickets to bowl game can be purchased starting Nov. 30 by phone or website. How will they do that if they don't know where we are going yet? Will they just get our CC # and then fill the orders with tickets to whatever bowl we end up in or do they expect to know by tomorrow?

tenaciousT
11-29-2009, 10:28 PM
alot of teams sell tickets to bowl games early to show certain bowls that we can sell tickets to your bowl. it also allows people to go ahead and get their name on the list so as soon as we recieve the tix to whichever bowl we go too the ticket office can go ahead and mail them out.

Instead of opening phone lines for ticket sales next monday, go ahead and start selling on the 30th... makes it much easier.

If i remember correctly tix for the NOB were 45, tix for the GMAC bowl are also 45.