PDA

View Full Version : Sour grapes from U-La-La

Hector
11-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Excerpt from their message board:

These boys played with heart. Down 24-0, most teams would shutter it and call it a day. Does anyone realize we did what no sun belt team could do, take all of what Troy had and swung back and hit just as hard. Guaranteed, no illegal formation penalty on the halfback pass, we really might have won the game. Have some pride. Even Middle couldnt do what we did. With the advantages Troy has, no one can stand up to em. But we did. Open admissions and no APR penalties make Troy a haven for miscreants and thugs that were booted from other programs or too stupid to make it at a real school. They showed that with their personal foul penalties how classless they are. The Sun Belt should step in and do something about that.

Trojan2003
11-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Strictly enforced (!) admission standards at ULL???

Antwyne Zanders
# 41
Linebacker - LB

2005 (Freshman): Sat out the season to become academically eligible.

-> http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15400&ATCLID=858721

PensacolaTrojan
11-29-2009, 10:31 AM
not only are their fans and coaches arrogant, they are ignorant.

We must make allowances for those who lack knowledge and understanding.

They can't help it, it comes from a lack of education.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
ummm wasnt there offsetting personal fouls more often than not? yea we're the thugs....

jagd1305
11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
ULL=Us Louisiana Losers.
I hate it when habitual losers blame their mediocrity on everything else but themselves.
I bet their field crew is still hosing the stink from their ineptitude off the field there. Like any of this is our fault. But you gotta hand it to them...they took a good beating!

BleedingCardinal
11-29-2009, 04:12 PM
For those who want to check out their forum here it is http://www.raginpagin.com/

Troy87
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
For those who want to check out their forum here it is http://www.raginpagin.com/

Wow! They are more delusional over on that board than any other I have ever seen. They call us thugs after the way they played last night, and the way their student body acted, and not to mention the fact that we out-scored them on the APR scores.

Then one of them has the audacity to write an e-mail to the Conference office complaining about the officiating being biased for Troy, when what I saw was clearly the other way around. WOW!

:censored:

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow! They are more delusional over on that board than any other I have ever seen. They call us thugs after the way they played last night, and the way their student body acted, and not to mention the fact that we out-scored them on the APR scores.

Then one of them has the audacity to write an e-mail to the Conference office complaining about the officiating being biased for Troy, when what I saw was clearly the other way around. WOW!

you have more patience than I do, I couldn't have gone on there and not gotten into an arguement, therefore, I shall stay on this board, where most people somewhat like me, and keep what little dignity I have left

cajuncharlie
11-29-2009, 05:20 PM

Not all UL fans are bad guys. Just ask some of the Troy fans who came by and visited with the Krewe de Chew. They expressed how well they had been treated, and had very good things to say about the hospitality of the Krewe.

Sure we have some fans who are perpetually disgruntled. We gave Troy our best shot, but it was not good enough against a talented Troy team. It did get exciting for a bit, but the best team won.

Good luck to whatever bowl game you wind up in. Hope to see you all next year in Troy!!

Troy87
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Not all UL fans are bad guys. Just ask some of the Troy fans who came by and visited with the Krewe de Chew. They expressed how well they had been treated, and had very good things to say about the hospitality of the Krewe.

Sure we have some fans who are perpetually disgruntled. We gave Troy our best shot, but it was not good enough against a talented Troy team. It did get exciting for a bit, but the best team won.

Good luck to whatever bowl game you wind up in. Hope to see you all next year in Troy!!

Charlie,

I mistakenly used a broad brush stroke there to paint the whole Cajun fan base with the rantings of a few who happen to have access to a computer, when it appears they need to be checking their med dosages. You are correct that by and large the fan bases are not represented by the few who post some things that are radically generated. I think the fans who attended the game were much more gracious and hospitable than the few on the RaginCajun board, with the exception of a one I saw literally "showing his ass" for the camera.

Not that their audience is made of throngs of viewers, but the misinformation being posted over there is frustrating, and though I haven't tried to register to debate their opinions, I'm quite sure I would not get very far even if registration were accepted.

BleedingCardinal
11-29-2009, 09:02 PM
A lot of students and their choices of words to the players and members of the band were VERY raunchy. All kind of racial slurs were being yelled at the top of their lungs. So for some members of their board to call us thugs and classless or even "buzz killers" is kind of hypocritical.

Spiritual_Trojan
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Since I've been in the band I've been to every SBC except WKU and hands down ULL is my least favorite to attend. I remember in 07 the band had to get police to come and get their fans to leave us alone. They were yelling things at the girls in the band and kept trying to steal our helmets. This year I was smart stayed as far away from the students as I could. I know that all their fans aren't that bad, but I will say that their student section is one of the worst I've been around.

With that said our students give the visiting teams a fit too, to the point that when I headed back to the stands after pre-game/halftime I looked the the plays and said "Man just ignore them they are idiots."

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Yea, but in a way it's the point for the band to heckle the team, it makes no sense for the fans to heckle the band.....but that's MHO