PDA

View Full Version : Coaching changes

Vegastrojan
11-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Alright, so what coaching changes do you think will be made in the offseason?

Bennekles the Trojan
11-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Honestly, I think the only changes we need to make in the offseason are to the defensive gameplan. It seemed like every OOC game all we did was play zone and let the QBs pick us apart. When we get a good gameplan, we can get another quality win.

Before we start calling for heads, let's not forget that we just ran the table in the Belt. We won the most games in a single-season we've every won since the move to FBS. We just need to get back to fundamentals on defense.

MusicMan
11-29-2009, 02:52 AM
Yea I agree that we just need a new defensive strategy. Our DL is great, it's the DB's that hurt us

srbtrojan
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Back during the spring I was playing golf With jeremy and I asked him about this team. He told me then that he was nervous about the fact that he has an entire new group in the secondary. he said it was the first time since he has been DC that he was goin to have to work with an entire set of new starters. It was and is our weak point on defense and we can expext to be better in that aspect next season. jeremy has done an outstanding job as our DC over the years!!

trojanbrutha
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Alright, so what coaching changes do you think will be made in the offseason?

None...LB said at the beginning of the season that he was glad to return this staff...they wanted to be here and there was a common goal...hard to ditch one of those, if you ask me...

ThePowerMan
11-29-2009, 09:32 AM
If you were referring to which coaches will leave to newer jobs, I believe NB has the best shot. Although, I think the coaches will stay in place. From the Head to the Bottom Assistants

Discophobia
11-29-2009, 10:39 AM
A new DC is on my wish list, but it wont happen! I think everyone stays in place.

TFan
11-29-2009, 02:14 PM
..need replaced. They dozed on the job last summer evidently.

GO TROJANS!

svenattroy
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I wonder if any coaches are going to be taken away from us by bigger schools?

Mike Cunningham
11-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I might be biased cause I'm an old offensive lineman from high school, but I think coach Schlarmann (sp?) is and has done an EXCELLENT job for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered more money elsewhere.

Troy87
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I hope this staff feels, what appears to be a great chemistry between the staff, the players and the administration. I hope they feel it enough to want to stay and watch something grow like I think this program is going to. Not to mention the challenge that lies ahead for next season. We will be going for.....dare I say it.....

The Thumb!

And to get that fifth ring for the thumb next year, will take a tremendous effort by every coach and every player.

Mr.E_205_Legion
11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
..need replaced. They dozed on the job last summer evidently.

GO TROJANS!

I guess it is time for me to step up! Twenty-six years in education, thirteen years at the university level, Masters work in Athletic Administration ... where do I send my resume?
:wave:

trojanbrutha
11-29-2009, 05:42 PM
I guess it is time for me to step up! Twenty-six years in education, thirteen years at the university level, Masters work in Athletic Administration ... where do I send my resume?
:wave:

http://www.troytrojans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17200&ATCLID=941881:wave:

NWFLTrojan
11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I might be biased cause I'm an old offensive lineman from high school, but I think coach Schlarmann (sp?) is and has done an EXCELLENT job for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered more money elsewhere.

I agree, he is the one I worry about losing.

trojanbrutha
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I agree, he is the one I worry about losing.

Conversely, Coach Mo Crain is a valuable commodity that keeps his skills up-to-date by camping with the Cowboys annually...