PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the love for no bowl

troy28
11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
The NO Bowl is one of the worst bowls in terms of tv ratings, payout and matchup. It is in a party city that does not care whether the game is there or not and the bigget game in NO Saints history is likely to be played the night before. Someone please explain why there is so much love among the Troy faithful for going to this bowl.

tenaciousT
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv123/Gardnerius/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

newnan trojan
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Honestly the GMAC bowl is not much better than the NO bowl other than the payout...

The Ratings for both are pretty much the same...

More people in the Country recognise the teams from the CUSA than teams in the MAC, particuarly in the South where College football is HUGE!

If we played Temple on national TV do you think people would be more prone to watch a TROY vs Temple matchup than a Troy v UCF match up?

The MAC teams would not travel well to Mobile, and the bowl game is in a not so great stadium and a mediocre City.

I know there is a number of you who would love to go to the GMAC bowl. but its pretty much the people that live around Mobile. I live in Atlanta and if im going to go that far I might as well just keep going to New Orleans. Not everyone still lives in South Alabama and a Middle of the week game isnt going to work for A LOT of people, even for a lot of people that do live in South Alabama.

A TROY vs MAC team just does not excite me at all....We all know Troy is better than everyone of the MAC teams!

tenaciousT
11-28-2009, 01:48 PM
http://tanyas.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

TroyTrojans2003
11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
What a waste of a post, seriously. Who gives a damn if the Troy "faithful" want the new orleans bowl, in fact its not even about us, its the players who wanna go back and get revenge and win regardless if its USM or not!!!

likesturtles
11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
What a waste of a post, seriously. Who gives a damn if the Troy "faithful" want the new orleans bowl, in fact its not even about us, its the players who wanna go back and get revenge and win regardless if its USM or not!!!

I think that's the answer to the original post. Most of the "faithful" want what the boys want. The boys want NO. It's the reward they were promised for performing, and it's the game they'll be most fired up about. There's really no excitment for them to go down the road and play, and they'll feel a bit betrayed if NO is taken away from them due to politics. I tend to think they'll play worse in the GMAC as a result, and that would be considerably more embarassing to lose than NO.

troy28
11-28-2009, 02:40 PM
These forums are not just about beating the horse to death, but about shipping them up to guntersville and making Purina Puppy Chow with them.

As for tv ratings the NO bowl has always been near the bottom no matter who played. I am not trying to compare Mobile and NO, I am trying to compare the NO bowl with any other bowl out. Other than the city it is in, the NO bowl is one of the worst bowls. I live in Bham not Mobile. I will go whetever bowl Troy plays in.

As far as it being a reward for the players... sure it has been their goal all year because it is the Sunbelt's only garanteed bowl game, but that deos not make it a good bowl. I think the players repeat the theme they have all year when asked were they want to go, but If at the beggining of the season the GMAC bowl game was the goal because it was the one the champion went to, they would prefer the GMAC. Just my opinion.

As far as our respective bowl opponent... the nation knows who is having good seasons and who is not regardless of their name. ESPN gives love to teams that are performing not just based on conference, ie: Boise State, TCU, Central Michigan, Temple, Houston. I have heard nothing this year on College shows about UCF, Marchal or UAB.

And by the way we lost to Bowling Green, so I don't think we can claim the MAC championship.

newnan trojan
11-28-2009, 03:24 PM
So you believe Troy played a good game against Bowling Green, and if we played them again it would be the same outcome?

JonesOxygen
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
The NO Bowl is one of the worst bowls in terms of tv ratings, payout and matchup. It is in a party city that does not care whether the game is there or not and the bigget game in NO Saints history is likely to be played the night before. Someone please explain why there is so much love among the Troy faithful for going to this bowl.

My thoughts are, the New Orleans bowl is the safe choice. It's safe because Troy knows we will have more people travel to New Orleans than ANY other option. Its safe b/c we are not gonna make a dime more going to any other bowl, as a matter of fact we are not gonna make a dime period. It's safe b/c LB knows New Orleans well, with Troy going 2 times so far plus the several times he went with Auburn, I think comfort is a huge factor. I also believe he prefers New Orleans b/c it would be recognized that Troy won the conference even though other bowls would mention it. The New Orleans bowl promotes the Sun Belt number 1 team.

Troy87
11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
my thoughts are, the new orleans bowl is the safe choice. It's safe because troy knows we will have more people travel to new orleans than any other option. Its safe b/c we are not gonna make a dime more going to any other bowl, as a matter of fact we are not gonna make a dime period. It's safe b/c lb knows new orleans well, with troy going 2 times so far plus the several times he went with auburn, i think comfort is a huge factor. I also believe he prefers new orleans b/c it would be recognized that troy won the conference even though other bowls would mention it. The new orleans bowl promotes the sun belt number 1 team.

+1