PDA

View Full Version : BOWL BOUND! You can help!

TFan
11-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Alicia Bookout of Troy University Athletics contacted several folks late this afternoon to announce the Dept is having a raffle to help TU Athletics fund the gap between cost and payout of "a" Bowl Game. Here's the skinny as I know it.

Travel on TROY!
Win a Four Night Cruise!

1000 tickets only at $100 each.

"Winner take all" gets 5 days/4 nights (outside cabin) for 2 via Carnival Cruise Line from Mobile AL to Cozumel! ALL-Inclusive except for transportation to Mobile and passports. Winner may book the cruise for 18 months after the drawing, with the exception of blackout dates of the last two weeks of 2010.

Winning ticket will be drawn at 7pm, on Thursday, January 14 at Troy Trojans Men's Basketball home game against North Texas. Winner need NOT be present to win!

If you want a ticket in the Troy Area, please pm me. If you need a ticket in the Enterprise, Elba or West Dothan area, please pm Hemi Man. If you need a ticket elswhere or wish to help sell tickets in your area, please contact Alicia Bookout directly at (334) 670-3683 or abookout@troy.edu. We can have tickets available at this Wednesday night's Trojan's Talk at Yanni's in Troy as well.

Please do not ask me who, where, when or which bowl as I honestly have no clue, all I know is I will BE THERE for our Trojans! We evidently have plenty "experts" already on the board who might better answer those questions!

Alicia stressed that Troy Athletics receives 100% of proceeds of the sale of Bowl tickets through the Troy Athletics Ticket Office and is our primary source of Bowl revenue!

Go Trojans!

Navarre Trojan
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
in the Florida Panhandle, PM myself or Troy87 for information.

There are only a limited number of tickets available so if you are interested get in touch with someone.

NWFLTrojan
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM
[B]a raffle to help TU Athletics fund the gap between cost and payout of "a" Bowl Game.

Sounds like if GMAC comes calling at twice the money and lower travel costs we are Mobile bound. That is unless they can sell $325,000 in raffle tickets.

troyw
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Is there going to be any "official" announcement concerning this raffle?

bulldogtrojan
11-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I also have tickets for sale. All are welcome!

TFan
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Is there going to be any "official" announcement concerning this raffle?

I don't know the answer to that, I just know Bulldog Trojan, Navarre Trojan and Hemi must be "Official" Trojan Fans... this is our chance to show TU Athletics that GTT.Com Board Posters are serious supporters.

TU Athletics WILL accept VISA and Master Card. Contact Alicia Bookout.

Make checks out to Troy University Athletics.

GO TROJANS!

bulldogtrojan
11-24-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't know about "Official" I was talking with Coach Blakeney yesterday at the press conference and he asked me if I would help and of course I said yes.

And this won't surprise anyone - he REALLY wants to go to New Orleans. Ricky Hazel told me that at next Monday's press conference "We will talk about the bowl"

troyw
11-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't get it - why wouldn't the university ask the fans to help? Wouldn't a release via email, mass mailer, etc. do a better job of getting the word out?

Mr. Ho
11-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Sounds like if GMAC comes calling at twice the money and lower travel costs we are Mobile bound. That is unless they can sell $325,000 in raffle tickets.

Lower travel cost and twice the money only mean that other conference leaches get more of our cash.

moosicman
11-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I know this cruise!! My wife and I took 93 people and got married on it!!! It was a really fun ship, good food, and Cozumel was phenomenal (I'm a scuba diver so I had a great time in particular). I recommend it highly to anyone who is interested in going.

NWFLTrojan
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Lower travel cost and twice the money only mean that other conference leaches get more of our cash.

That is true, however if our costs to go to any bowl are more than the payout then not only do the other leaches not get any money, neither do we. If we need a raffle to raise money to go to the NO Bowl then that suggests that we incur more in expenses than the NO Bowl pays us.

Now, if we go to a bowl that actually pays us more than our expenses then, yes, the extra cash would not only go into our coffers but it would also be spread out to the other leaches.