PDA

View Full Version : Sports Talk Radio Chatter

The Red Wave
11-23-2009, 05:43 PM
My cell phone started blowing up around 4:00 pm today. A friend kept calling and calling. I was on a conf call with a client , but after the 4th call I took the call as I thought it was an emergency.
He said that Finebaum and others in Alabama were saying there was a 50/50 chance we could play Auburn in the Papa Johns Bowl ? I DID NOT HERE THIS 1ST HAND, and am only repeating what he heard. Ipersonally could give a rats ass about playing ALbarn but wondered if any of you have heard this on the radio today ? I told my friend to quit calling as I already had reservations at three hotels in New Orleans and was ready to spend some time at the Chefs table at Commanders Palace!

trojanbrutha
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
My cell phone started blowing up around 4:00 pm today. A friend kept calling and calling. I was on a conf call with a client , but after the 4th call I took the call as I thought it was an emergency.
He said that Finebaum and others in Alabama were saying there was a 50/50 chance we could play Auburn in the Papa Johns Bowl ? I DID NOT HERE THIS 1ST HAND, and am only repeating what he heard. Ipersonally could give a rats ass about playing ALbarn but wondered if any of you have heard this on the radio today ? I told my friend to quit calling as I already had reservations at three hotels in New Orleans and was ready to spend some time at the Chefs table at Commanders Palace!

I take it that it was Mr. Ho on the other end...:rollinglaugh:

The Red Wave
11-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Ho not have cell phone. Wife not let him.

Mr. Ho
11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Conference call? It not really a"conference call" when you on 1-800 Hot Babe Hotline for 5 hours a day.

SOTS 86-89
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Auburn would probably lobby the PapaJohns Bowl to avoid inviting Troy. I could see Jay Jacobs doing whatever he could to keep that match-up from happening, especially in a bowl game that is on national TV.

Burn the Horse
11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
oh absolutely CardinalBlack. Barry was talking this up today on SportsLine, which i'm sure got a lot of Barner fans hot. Anyways, he was saying a lot of things would have to go right, but it is not impossible. the only problem is Jay Jacobs. that little knome king sits high in his tower and yells at us as we pass his program by. :wave:

troy4ever
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
oh absolutely CardinalBlack. that little knome king sits high in his tower and yells at us as we pass his program by. :wave:

Haha...now that's funny right there!

Cane gone Trojan
11-24-2009, 04:40 PM
I definitely think that the players would welcome an opportunity to play Auburn in the Pa pa Johns Bowl over the N.O Bowl, but ONLY if the opponent is Auburn. I despise Alabama, but if a Alabama win results in A Troy vs. Auburn match up then Role Tide Role. Now I am SICK to my stomach for writing that. I know HO and others don't have any confidence in the defense to hold a SEC team to under 50 this year, but I would about be willing to bet the farm that this would NOT happen vs. Auburn. The Troy players would play like a team POSESSED. The players would be PUMPED. The true Troy fans would be PUMPED, and I really believe this could be a great night to remember for the Troy Trojan Nation, as well as give the football program a major, major, major BOOST!Go Troy Go!! (where ever they go)

The Red Wave
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Auburn would NEVER let it happen. No matter how close Dennis is to the program, they would never let LB stand across the sidelines from them.

trojanbrutha
11-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Auburn would NEVER let it happen. No matter how close Dennis is to the program, they would never let LB stand across the sidelines from them.

I truly believe that Jacobs would pass on an invite where TROY would be the opponent. But, I say give LB a recliner, stogy, and a tumbler and let him enjoy the hell out of that game...That would be another goal post bringer-downer, for sure :thumb:

Buzz Lightyear
11-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I too do not believe this would happen. First and foremost Auburns quarterbacks are not Tebow and Mallett and yes agree with the fired up option and NOT playing on the home field with 20K plus Troy fans. Game would actually be a pretty good one with lots of ins and outs as far as our AD our Coach and snubs like to Jernigan etc. Would actually feel that we would have a good chance......Do not think Auburn wants to take that chance.....pretty good ratings on TV etc.......Nope, not going to happen if Auburn and the whole SEC would try to make it not happen......oh yeah except maybe Alabama fans who would partially love to see us beat them and not love to see us beat them.......

TSUALUM
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm still hoping for an outside shot at an ACC team in the Champ Sports Bowl in Orlando.....

Cane gone Trojan
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM

I hope they(Auburn) just get the opportunity to turn down the chance to play Troy in a bowl game. That would be a bigger victory for Troy then actually playing them and beating them on the field.

trojanbrutha
11-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I hope they(Auburn) just get the opportunity to turn down the chance to play Troy in a bowl game. That would be a bigger victory for Troy then actually playing them and beating them on the field.

:wave: I'm thinkin' the same thing!

TrojanWarrior418
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Speaking of Talk Radio Chatter what times does Trojan Talk come on tonight? I knew they moved the show to Wednesday due to Troy basketball. What station does it come on in Montgomery and Birmingham? I plan on doing some traveling tonight and want to be able to switch stations to hear the entire program.

TrojanEmpire
11-25-2009, 09:54 PM

I am not sure about that, but it would definitely prove a point.

tntrojan
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I bet the bowl people would like this matchup too. Full house in that dump of a stadium.
Has this bowl game ever sold out with actual butts in the seats?

DedicatedTrojan84
11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm still hoping for an outside shot at an ACC team in the Champ Sports Bowl in Orlando.....

Explain how that is possible. I cannot figure it out. I would like to know because I keep hearing that it is possible. The other team is big10 4/5. Their slots are filled.

TrojanGranger
11-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Auburn will not let that happen. If Auburn plays Troy in the PJ B'ham Bowl I will shave my head and post the picture here. That is how confident I am that it won't happen.

pelliott
11-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Just a thought here - Troy and Alabama have 4 common opponents this year

Florida, FIU, Arkansas & North Texas

But we don't play anybody - that's 25% common opponents - not bad in my opinion - and we have the 2nd Statistical QB in the country - a great offense -

I say we all call and not ASK but DEMAND some love from the talk shows on Monday

Further - we beat Middle who beat an ACC team (i don't care if Maryland Sucks - they did after all beat Clemson who is playing in the ACC Championship game)

Damn good year Gentleman! Congratulations - now win our Bowl and finish this season off with a big MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Bennekles the Trojan
11-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I've already posted the board about us maybe being the #2 team in the state this year, due to ALLbarn's season, but I really think we could beat them in what would be a longshot game. If it actually happened, I would be first in line to buy tickets. Allbarn wouldn't be so hyped to play us as they were against the Packaderms, but I know we would step up and show the SEC that we aren't cupcakes anymore.

GO TROY GO!!!!!!!!!!

Troy87
11-30-2009, 07:13 AM
I hate to bring this up, but in the event Troy and Auburn were to play in a bowl, you have to consider that a large number of Troy followers would be wearing blue and orange, and rooting for Auburn in that game.

I do think in a neutral site we would have a better shot at beating Auburn than if we played them at Jordan-Hare.

But....as already mentioned in this thread, and others, Jay Jacobs has basically said that as long as he was AD at Auburn, Troy and Auburn would not be playing against each other on the football field. However, as someone else mentioned, if it were to come to the point they had to make that refusal, that would be a win for Troy.

ThePowerMan
11-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, it was disappointing when we were at the Florida game sitting beside some deck out Florida fans........only to learn they were Troy students.

The Messenger
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it was disappointing when we were at the Florida game sitting beside some deck out Florida fans........only to learn they were Troy students.

Losers. Period.

Discophobia
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Two words Ass Clowns! I used to let it go, but I call people out all of the time. Especially on Facebook, nothing is worse than seeing a TROY alum post something about the burn or bamer. I always remind them that they graduated from TROY and it is time to grow up. I have friends that graduated with me from TROY but are hardcore fans of other schools I could see if you went to some DIII backwater, but we are a DI school man I would love to play bamer or the burn just call them out.

Hemi Man
11-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I hate to bring this up, but in the event Troy and Auburn were to play in a bowl, you have to consider that a large number of Troy followers would be wearing blue and orange, and rooting for Auburn in that game.

I do think in a neutral site we would have a better shot at beating Auburn than if we played them at Jordan-Hare.

But....as already mentioned in this thread, and others, Jay Jacobs has basically said that as long as he was AD at Auburn, Troy and Auburn would not be playing against each other on the football field. However, as someone else mentioned, if it were to come to the point they had to make that refusal, that would be a win for Troy.

Well, on the flip side all the closet Bama fans would make noise like they were at Bryant Denny instead of sitting on their hands like thet do at MGVS.

Troy87
11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, on the flip side all the closet Bama fans would make noise like they were at Bryant Denny instead of sitting on their hands like thet do at MGVS.

Well......that is if any Bama fans attended a Troy/Auburn game. They're going to be too busy parading up and down the streets waving their "Saban is the Saviour" flags to root for Troy or against Auburn.

AND......btw, I have never seen so many Alabama fans coming out of the woodwork as I have in the last 12 months. It's like they've all been in their little Bama-troll burrows for 10-15 years, not seeing the light of day until now. Talk about fair-weather fans. Where were all these Bama flags and car magnets when Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price (ok that one doesn't count) and Mike Shula were coach?