PDA

View Full Version : Florida/Arkansas PayDays/Bowl Game Decision

TroyFBFan
11-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Let the players decide where they want to go, this should be a reward for them not the universities checkbook. The players made a deposit in the checkbook when they took the field against Fl. and Ark.

The Red Wave
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Exactly!!!!

Navarre Trojan
11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
of it in this way, you are 100% correct. This is a reward for the players and coaches on a great season and for the fans/boosters/alumni to enjoy themselves. Bowl games are not about making money, they are about rewards for a successful season, especially in our case!:thumb:

TUTrojan
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I would like for our players to be rewarded with the matchup and destination of their choice. However, we have to realize that we are a fledgling program, in a poor conference, that has just lost the title sponsor who was paying debt service on our "new" stadium. Our attendance also has fallen in 2009... Sometimes we have to make tough decisions for longterm viability/financial reasons... We all agree that our coaching staff should be compensated at a higher level and love to see continued investment in our program, but short of Demarcus Ware cutting us checks, how do we get there?

TFan
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Despite all the threads, discussions, pros and cons yadda, yadda, yadda, these facts remain:

1) There were NO OTHER Bowl committees represented at the FAU Game.
2) SBC winner earns 1st dibs on NOLA Bowl.
3) To my knowledge no other Bowl has offered anything.
4) WE HAVE TO PLAY AND DEFEAT ULaLa at another Louisiana venue this weekend for any other chance at bowl options.

:wave:GO TROJANS, BEAT THE CAJUNS!:wave:

TrojanFan2
11-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Actually ULL probably has to beat us for other bowls to open up. The Belt needs 7 win teams to have bowl options and ULL has 6 wins. Middle has 8. In order to have options you need to present options. Troy is the only one guaranteed a bowl.

The Red Wave
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I would like for our players to be rewarded with the matchup and destination of their choice. However, we have to realize that we are a fledgling program, in a poor conference, that has just lost the title sponsor who was paying debt service on our "new" stadium. Our attendance also has fallen in 2009... Sometimes we have to make tough decisions for longterm viability/financial reasons... We all agree that our coaching staff should be compensated at a higher level and love to see continued investment in our program, but short of Demarcus Ware cutting us checks, how do we get there?

Don't get me wrong. I believe New Orleans is the best choice , but TU you bring some good points. BTW, I do like to have an adult bev every now and then, but I havent been sauced in probably 25 years. I like N.O. for the food, the music, the culture, the people and I think the players would much prefer to practice in the Saints facility than a HS facility. I also believe having DWare in New Orleans while we are in town will help us with a lift in press coverage. Just the thoughts of The Red Wave.

TUTrojan
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I agree. I've missed the two trips to New Orleans (we were expecting our two children each year)... The wife and I were hoping for New Orleans this year. However, if it is decided that we need to go somewhere else in order to help the program- we'll go wherever and still make the most of it! I'm looking for the best each location has to offer now and trusting that our guys will make the right decision if other options are available.

sasquatch67
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't get me wrong. I believe New Orleans is the best choice , but TU you bring some good points. BTW, I do like to have an adult bev every now and then, but I havent been sauced in probably 25 years. I like N.O. for the food, the music, the culture, the people and I think the players would much prefer to practice in the Saints facility than a HS facility. I also believe having DWare in New Orleans while we are in town will help us with a lift in press coverage. Just the thoughts of The Red Wave.

Good point.:thumb: