PDA

View Full Version : The Horse

troy4ever21
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
So I was wondering, since no one has mentioned it yet, did everyone like "The Horse" during our Go West! song?

RDA Trojan
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM
So I was wondering, since no one has mentioned it yet, did everyone like "The Horse" during our Go West! song?

So THAT'S what he was for? We were all wondering how he fit in. Seemed out of place at the time, but I didn't make the connection. Makes sense now.

BleedingCardinal
11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Plus, he came out during the song "The Horse".

Lowbacca
11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
People wanted 'the horse' back, so we brought it back ;)

trojanblood
11-23-2009, 02:44 AM
I think it was lame to be honest. I was sitting with two other alumni of the band and we just thought it was corny. Bring back some better shows and please do something with the guard. They are AWFUL!!!!

Spiritual_Trojan
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
It was the horse we brought back, not the show. The costume was for the people on here who get "hostel" about having a live horse on the turf. So we did what we could bring a horse back and that's about as close as we can get with the turf field.

As for the guard, they don't have a sponsor so they have to make up all their own work and right before camp some stuff happened with the captain that kept her from attending school. If your willing to volunteer to help out them by all means I'm sure Mr. Ford wouldn't turn it down.

JPSousa1898
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Why do we not hire out for an instructor? Does noone want to work for the band?

TroyTrojanNYC
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Troy's guard has been less than up-to-par with the rest of the organization for as long as I can remember. For chrissakes they aren't even precise on the Fanfare, and according to what I've seen, it's the same routine year after year. All the excuses people give for their inadequate performances are just that - excuses.

yeahIwin
11-23-2009, 10:09 PM
"The Horse" has always been one of my fav. songs by any marching band. The costume...ehhhhh hokie, but it amused me.

Spiritual_Trojan
11-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Troy's guard has been less than up-to-par with the rest of the organization for as long as I can remember. For chrissakes they aren't even precise on the Fanfare, and according to what I've seen, it's the same routine year after year. All the excuses people give for their inadequate performances are just that - excuses.

Yea the Fanfare always has the same routine, I think all the auxiliaries use the same routine year after year. Yea I do agree that they could do a lot better. The problem is if you have a bad tuba player, the sections tells them not to play, however with guard if a member doesn't learn their part or they still march.

They used to have someone who worked with the guard, but for what ever reason they weren't rehired. I do agree that they could do a lot better, it's just about the right leadership with the right people and the right routines.

TroyTuba
11-24-2009, 07:11 PM
They used to have someone who worked with the guard, but for what ever reason they weren't rehired. I do agree that they could do a lot better, it's just about the right leadership with the right people and the right routines.

I don't know if not rehired is accurate.....

Spiritual_Trojan
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know if not rehired is accurate.....

Lol well I've only heard a couple things about it, so I didnt want to say anything out of line.

TroyTuba
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
The last person I knew about was moving on, if there was someone since then that got "terminated" I just missed it. (not saying it's not possible that is what has happened)