PDA

View Full Version : FAU hoping for an UPSET

newnan trojan
11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Just a heads up...There is talk on the FAU board that they have made changes in their defence....we CAN NOT take them lightly!

Cane gone Trojan
11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Are they going to try and sneak in a few extra players each play?lol

CHughes1102
11-18-2009, 06:10 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/gif23.gif

trojanbrutha
11-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Just a heads up...There is talk on the FAU board that they have made changes in their defence....we CAN NOT take them lightly!

http://www.orkutpoint.com/graphics/comments/whatever/whatever-4.jpg

bigguyonright
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
are they taking out a dlineman and a backer and putting in some extra dbs and safeties

BMarkey
11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
They made changes last week and it worked against ASU. The Wolves only got into the end zone once - with almost no time left in the fourth.

Troy needs to be more concerned with the FAU offense - especially the slants and crossing routes that Jason Harmon and a few other more than capable receivers will try to exploit against the Trojans, which have been burned there all year. Harmon is fast and big enough to jump entirely over defenders.

Plug the middle, Trojans!

MusicMan
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
if they do that, the running game will just open up

Trojan TKE
11-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Sure they made some changes. They want to knock off the top dog. Yea they run some slants and screens that our D has had trouble with. So did WKU (whos their new coach again?). But think about this logically my fellow Troy bretheren, would you want to catch a pass across the middle in Bear's last game at home after we just got beat by the Hogs. Yea....me neither. Ill be in snowy Denver so enjoy this one for me boys. Its gonna be a good one!

TFan
11-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Just a heads up.......we CAN NOT take them lightly!

Ain't gonna happen my fellow Trojans!

Whoop, Whoop!

tenaciousT
11-18-2009, 11:58 PM

do we think they are gonna roll over and hand us the title on a silver platter? no.

we found out from WKU that we are getting everybody's best shot.

We have played well all season (at least in conference) w/ a huge target on our back and saturday i believe our players will be ready to check off one of the goals for the season.... win the SBC. then the next week we will be ready to check off the other goal- go undefeated in the SBC.

CardinalBlackTrojan
11-19-2009, 03:04 AM
After seeing how horrific the pass defense was against Arkansas, I wouldn't be surprised if FAU tried to do the same kinds of things Ark did. I seriously doubt the defensive staff did many, if any changes defensively after what happened last Saturday. I'd be willing to bet FAU has a big pass day down the middle of the field.

Hemi Man
11-19-2009, 08:03 AM
There is no doubt that FAU will try to do what everyone else since Bowling Green has done. Attack the middle of the field. We can cover some mistakes with speed, but we have to play smart.

Navarre Trojan
11-19-2009, 08:54 AM
things that FAU will not be able to do.

1. replicate Mallet and his play-fake ability - new kid doesn't have it in him (don't know that anyone in the country does)
2. replicate the speed of the Arkansas receivers and backs

So, while FAU may try and scheme some similar things, Troy's ability to cover will be much greater against FAU for a couple of reasons. It will be oh so familiar to them and it will be slower to them. The D SHOULD recognize these route/scheme types quicker and pick up on them as well as the athletes won't be as good or profound as those at Arkansas. You can not expect a kid to run a scheme put into a game plan a week prior for us as those who have run those plays all year long.

Having said that, I do think that the coaching staff at FAU will try to exploit some areas in the middle and JR better be trying to shore that up this week in practice. Flim study boys, learn where you can improve the most. It is probably going to be damp on Saturday so that probably helps our defense some.

Hopefully we will adjust our offense some so that the recievers have a better opportunity to catch the ball. Hopefully T Gill will come back with a vengence this week and prove that last week was just a fluke, that HE CAN CATCH BALLS THROWN RIGHT TO HIM and then hold on to it when he does catch it!!!

LET US HOPE SO ANYWAY!

Let's go Troy

OwlFamily
11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
How is Troy's Run Defense?

One of the few VERY bright spots this year has been Alfred Morris, who should get 1,000 yards on Saturday. (Hes at 975)

A lot of teams are so used to watching out for the Owls pass attack that Morris's play has kind of snuck up on them. When they adjust to that, thats when the passing lanes come open.

bigguyonright
11-19-2009, 11:16 AM
a couple of monikers to explain the run defense for you- bloodbath, doomsday, and killer b's

Troy87
11-19-2009, 11:50 AM
How is Troy's Run Defense?

One of the few VERY bright spots this year has been Alfred Morris, who should get 1,000 yards on Saturday. (Hes at 975)

A lot of teams are so used to watching out for the Owls pass attack that Morris's play has kind of snuck up on them. When they adjust to that, thats when the passing lanes come open.

Our opponents average 132 ypg rushing. Against the Sunbelt teams, it's been about 114 ypg. WKU blew that up. Before the WKU game, we were giving up 92 ypg against Sunbelt teams.

Hemi Man
11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Our opponents average 132 ypg rushing. Against the Sunbelt teams, it's been about 114 ypg. WKU blew that up. Before the WKU game, we were giving up 92 ypg against Sunbelt teams.

Also a good bit of it came from running QB's. North Texas got their rushing yards late in the game against backups.

OwlFamily
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Van Camp can run.

Hes MUCH better then Rusty Smith was at that. Hes not afriad to take off down field if the gaps are there. But the running QB isnt going to be a major part of our play calling. I think we now have a few designed running plays to take advantage of the increase in our QB's mobility.

Navarre Trojan
11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
is the backup behind Van Camp?

OwlFamily
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
is the backup behind Van Camp?

David Kooi.

Same mold as Rusty Smith and Jeff Van Camp. 6'5 or so with a great arm. Prototypical passer.

BTW if you guys dont have som Van Camp Pork and Beans signs up at the game Ill be VERY dissapointed in you.

:thumb:

Spiritual_Trojan
11-20-2009, 10:24 PM
http://www.ducksportsnews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/fart_scene_blazing_saddles.jpg

TroyDrum89
11-21-2009, 08:25 PM

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/troydrum/Thread%20Bombs/colbertLMAO.gif