PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Dennis: Here Is My Wish List

Sherrill Busby II
02-05-2005, 05:07 PM
1. National Championship Banners the size of Texas flying at MGS.

2. Conference Championship recognition (the size of Bammer) at MGS.

3. New Basketball "Arena" not another concrete box.

4. Communication with ALL who love and fear TMTDM.

5. ALL students of this "One Great University" pay "One Great Athletic Fee". Said fees go to paying ALL coaches.

6. Please do not schedule Austin Peay, Southern Utah or play FAMU in Mobile in '05.

7. Do you want to be Defensive Coordinator as well?

8. Please change the picture on the AD website!

9. Let everyone know that I blocked 4 kicks in one game. Why doesn't anyone care about that?

But hey, what do I know? I have been dead for over 20 years.

whereiskelvin
02-05-2005, 10:43 PM
1. Get us in a real football conference. Push, push, push for The Big East. I will take Conference USA if I have too. Remind them we have a nice TV contract right here in our back pocket.

2. Pay our coaches.

3. Build a basketball program. Watching the team this year is like watching the team last year, and the year before that and the year before that etc.

Teams play defense now you know. Recruit someone over 5'10. The run and gun is run and done.

4. Build a real basketball arena. It can be done before Jack dies. I cannot believe our chancellor actually said that.

5. Look into women's gymnastics. Talk about building fan loyalty. Have you seen all the hoopla the girls at Alabama, Georgia, and LSU get? The Georgia coach has a weekly show on CSS. What up with that?

The big famous gymnastics team can help pay the cost of the arena with a TV contract.

Those on this board that know me, know that last one is kind of a goof...kind of.

BMarkey
02-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Please add a swim team. Troy has a decent facility but no team.

A swim/dive team would be relatively inexpensive to create and would greatly help Troy in its Title 9 situation.

Auburn's national championship coach personally told me he would help Troy start a swim program.

Please act likle Troy cares about the soccer program, or ditch it.

D1Trojan4U
02-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Make me offensive coordinator for one game - I promise you won't be dissapointed.

TropolitanSportsEditor
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Here is my wish list:

1. Give the students a reason to stay at the game, and to wear TROY gear instead of EVERY OTHER SCHOOL BUT TROY gear.

2. Ban all students and administration from displaying other schools license plates, stickers or flags on there vehicles. If it ain't TROY go home.

Ammendment to #2. Military stickers or license plates will be allowed. Gotta love the people who serve out country.

3. Allow the students to sit in the red chairs at the basketball games. They will come in droths and early to get those coveted seats.

4. If you can't make #3 work, then build a new arena with the student sections built in.

5. Burn the Hector mascot, I mean big flames, sky high flames, Texas A&M bonfire size flames.

pkf4troy
02-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I would have to disagree on #2 towards the faculty. Now mind you I agree that the alliance should run with Troy while on campus however not every single one of the staff at Troy graduated from Troy. Car flags...... have to go...... but license plates and stickers I see nothing wrong with. If a professor went to Duke and has a Duke sticker on his/her car so be it.

TUEngineer
02-08-2005, 02:31 AM
As far as #2...

After I have finished school, and have graduated from UA...I still plan on supporting Troy, and I dare someone to say something to me about having a Troy sticker AND a UA sticker....
I'll probably do a combo of one license plate and the other school's border around it....

I see nothing wrong with students wearing other school's gear on campus (NOT at games...that's lame)...I have numerous other shirts I wear mainly because they are CHEAPER than Troy stuff....I paid 38$ for my TROJANS hoody...saw a MUCH nicer (quality) UA hoody for 20$ this last weekend. If someone wants to pay for my Troy gear...go right ahead...if not...shut up.

Bret Hart Owns You
02-08-2005, 03:15 AM
I'm with ya, TU.

TUEngineer
02-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm with ya, TU.

Thanks....

Those who say "TROY ONLY OR NOT AT ALL" piss me off. I will attend UA, and will graduate from there(this is my last semester at Troy -=tearing up=- :) )...but I will still come to Troy games (Wearing TROY gear!!!) and will still post on here...probably not as much as I will not be as 'connected' with the actual teams (wont know as many players personally)...

It aggrivates me to see someone wearing another school's gear at a Troy athletic event...but as far as being on campus, and seeing car tags...get over it.

RedEdgeTrojan
02-08-2005, 09:48 AM
It aggrivates me to see someone wearing another school's gear at a Troy athletic event...but as far as being on campus, and seeing car tags...get over it.

I agree. I usually will be found in TROY gear and I will ONLY wear TROY related items to sporting events. However, I will, at times, wear Auburn stuff (but can't remember the last time I did) since I have a degree from there also . I am a Trojan first and foremost though.