PDA

View Full Version : Newnan's " old south band competition"

newnan trojan
11-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Remember 2 years ago when Troy went to the UGA game and were suppost to come to Newnan high school for the band exibition but never made it because of the Traffic..

Yall should schedule to come back! Everyone there was really disapointed Troy didnt show up. Everyone around here still asks when Troy will try to come back...

Not too many people in the Atlanta area knows too much about the Troy band and how awesome they are. Its mostly UGA and JSU band stuff around these parts.

TroyDrum89
11-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Man. I was in the Sound when that happened. I was disappointed as well. My high school was there and I was looking forward to performing for them. Hopefully they'll get more opportunities to do some exhibitions in the ATL area. I get sick of hearing about the Southerners when I go home.

newnan trojan
11-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Ya thats all u hear about band wise around atlanta is the southerners....and thats because they do shows in the Atlanta area all the time!!! No one really know too much about the sound of the south up here....and let me tell you if Troy did some shows up here there would be a lot more students going to Troy from the Atlanta area!

BleedingCardinal
11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
The SOTS does need to broaden their (our) horizons and perform in more out-of-state exhibitions.

JPSousa1898
11-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Since the SOTS moved up to the FBS, it's been difficult to schedule the number of high school exhibitions that they used to, but I do agree, it'd be nice for the SOTS to bust up some of the strong hold that the Southerners have on North AL and North GA. There's a lot of kids in these areas that don't know about the SOTS and aren't really that sold on the Southerners, but want to be a part of a good band in college. Maybe someday the travel budget will allow more of that.