PDA

View Full Version : South Alabama shuts out the Hawks

Doug4Troy
11-13-2009, 08:53 AM
HUNTINGDON FOOTBALL: Jaguars shut out Hawks

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20091113/SPORTS0407/911130339/1007/news01/HUNTINGDON-FOOTBALL-Jaguars-shut-out-Hawks

1motime
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
The Jaguars (7-0) finished their first season as an NCAA-sanctioned program by totaling 345 yards rushing and rolling over the Hawks (8-2) before an announced crowd of 23,683.

JonesOxygen
11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
I went to see them play last week, as most know, one of my closest friends is a coach there so I obviously keep up with them and last week I had to be in the area anyway so....

Here are some things I have taken from South Alabama's football program.

As I have stated before, the field house and practice fields are great. Not a huge field house but super nice and has everything they need.

They have D-1 athletes, not every position but they have some good players.

They also have very good coaches who luckily for us, will probably get better paying jobs before we ever start our rivalry with them.

Because of the previous mention of coaching changes, I think they will have a major drop in all areas before 2012 when we start playing. They did not play anybody this year, which was smart, but once the talent of the competition picks up we will se what they are made of.

As long as they continue to play at Ladd Peebles (AKA Legion field south) we will not have any trouble recruiting against them.

TroyOi
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
As long as they continue to play at Ladd Peebles (AKA Legion field south) we will not have any trouble recruiting against them.

The locker rooms at Ladd put ours to shame...Three things Troy University needs: New library, new basketball arena, and new fieldhouse.

JonesOxygen
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
The locker rooms at Ladd put ours to shame...Three things Troy University needs: New library, new basketball arena, and new fieldhouse.

Not the ones South is using........

JPSousa1898
11-17-2009, 04:12 AM
the locker rooms at ladd put ours to shame...three things troy university needs: New library, new basketball arena, and new fieldhouse.

amen on the library!!!!

cville
11-17-2009, 08:47 AM

Wait just a minute!!! Troy has a library?? That would have been a good peice of information to have. Might have raised my GPA a little had I known.

cville

TSUfaninCALI
11-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Wait just a minute!!! Troy has a library?? That would have been a good peice of information to have. Might have raised my GPA a little had I known.

cville

yep the only book I ever checked out was Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. . . Twice!