PDA

View Full Version : TROY v Arkansas TV

Doug4Troy
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, I live in Millbrook and it appears that my cable provider will not carry the game Saturday. Is anyone in the Montgomery area planning to meet at a local establishment and request they tune in the game? I would be interested in viewing with a group of Troy fans since I cannot make the tip to AR.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I will have the espn.360 feed ran to the flat screen if anyone in the Dothan area needs a place to watch it. There will be plenty of good food.

Burn the Horse
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Doug, i live in Prattville and am in the same boat. i'd be interested in meeting up somewhere in town, we just have to find a place with either CSS, Cox, or GamePlan.

The Messenger
11-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Gameplan won't work. Since it's being shown on CSS it'll be blacked out anywhere in Alabama.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Gameplan won't work. Since it's being shown on CSS it'll be blacked out anywhere in Alabama.

They do not black out CSS games. Just ABC, CBS. Ect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/blackout

As you see Gameplan and 360 are wide open nation wide.

Doug4Troy
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I called Bob Baumhower's Wings in Montgomery, they said they had CSS so they would have the game, Buffalo Wild Wings said they SHOULD have the game but would not have the lineup til tomorrow.

I was also concerned about going to aplace with just a few screens since the both UA and AU's games will be on at the same time. I know Baumhowers Wings has a ton of TV's and the manager said there would not be a problem getting to see the game. Probably won't be on any of the big screens unless we have a boat load of Troy fans there.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
There is a watch party at my house in Montgomery. I will not be there (I'll be in Atlanta watching) but SOTSButterfly will be there.

Is there any word on our last game being on TV? Because I'll hold another watch party then if it's on CSS.

The Messenger
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Actually, they do sometimes. But anyways, I really hope I'm wrong this time.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I called Bob Baumhower's Wings in Montgomery, they said they had CSS so they would have the game, Buffalo Wild Wings said they SHOULD have the game but would not have the lineup til tomorrow.

I was also concerned about going to aplace with just a few screens since the both UA and AU's games will be on at the same time. I know Baumhowers Wings has a ton of TV's and the manager said there would not be a problem getting to see the game. Probably won't be on any of the big screens unless we have a boat load of Troy fans there.

Wings is great. They have turned the channel for me before. BWW, however, has the worst service in the nation and is way too loud. They often have a band or DJ at night, too. I'd definitely recommend Wings over BWW, even though, sadly, I love BWW's boneless wings. Great for take out.

Nice Trojan
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I just got my weekly email from Cox and it is showing the game on CST also. Channel 319 for those of you in the Florida panhandle. I didn't believe it so I checked the TV and sure enough, it is on there. So I set it to record. It is also available on PPV and ESPN360.

Trojan2003
11-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Even worldwide (360):

"The ESPN College Pass is available in Europe (excluding Italy), Canada, the Middle East, Africa, South America, (excluding Brazil, Chile and Mexico), Asia and Australasia (excluding Australia)."

DedicatedTrojan84
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Even worldwide (360):

"The ESPN College Pass is available in Europe (excluding Italy), Canada, the Middle East, Africa, South America, (excluding Brazil, Chile and Mexico), Asia and Australasia (excluding Australia)."

Nice point but as you see when showing a blackout map they only show the USA.

Good to know that if I am out of counrty I might be able to watch some college football.

Doug4Troy
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
So, is there anyone interested in meeting at Baumhower's Wings in Montgomery to watch the game? If so, respond so that we can get an idea of how many might show.

I would love to meet somewhere in Millbrook, Prattville, or Wetumpka, but I don't know if we could count on them having the game.

trojanbrutha
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I called DirecTv today and it's going to be on Ch. 791 on GamePlan...All those doggone CSN channels and no game...Oy Vey! :jester:

Burn the Horse
11-12-2009, 06:42 PM
well Doug it looks like one of my buddies has the GamePlan package so i'm going to be watching it at his house. but hey bud, we'll get up soon. i'd love to have a place in Prattville where we could sit down and watch the game at a bar.

Hogules
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
This may (or may not) help clear up whether or not you can receive the game, as many Razorbacks fans were worried about not being able to view the game on television.
As you can see one of our fans contacted the University and this is the answer he received................

I emailed UA this is the response keep in mind I have spoken with Direct TV, they said it was blacked out and before some one tells me to not worry about $25 it is $400 for my business.

Kevin L. Trainor to me, Jeff, Bill
show details 4:16 PM (13 hours ago)

Mr. Fason

Jeff Long passed along your e-mail regarding this weekend’s televised game between Arkansas and Troy. As you noted, the game is scheduled for CSS and Cox Sports Television (CST). Upon receiving your e-mail, I made inquiries to the SEC regarding any restrictions the game would have on DirecTV or other satellite providers as part of the ESPN Gameplan package. I was informed that there were no blackout restrictions for the game. Therefore, the game should be carried in your area on DirecTV as part of the ESPN Gameplan package.

I hope this helps clear up the matter. Thanks for your e-mail and your support of the Razorbacks.

Kevin

I hope this helps.

troy77
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
dish gameplan has it on channel 461....have tickets but family emergency won't let us go to game...we're only 5 hours away...

FliryVorru
11-13-2009, 12:50 PM
That actually help me out quite a bit, Hogules. Thank you very much for posting that information.

FloriTrojan
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
The game is also scheduled for AT&T's U-verse on Channel 4404, part of the GamePlan package.

Swordsman
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
For all you Dish people. I just checked and it is scheduled to be on channel CSTHD421.

Swordsman
11-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Well, I checked the schedule on the internet. When I got home, I don't even have that channel on my channel lineup. Go figure! Oh well, I guess I'll watch it on ESPN360.

sasquatch67
11-14-2009, 01:14 PM
hey for the prattville/milbrook ppl with knology. I just called the office and they said it will be aired but will not know which channel until later today. will be a last minute thing. just check your local channels around gametime,usually the lower ones, and you will find it. we have done it before like this. If not I will be ordering it on gamepass at my house in prattvegas for 24 bucks.

Dothan_Trojan97
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I can't get espn360 as my because of my internet provider (Time Warner), it is not on Time Warner in Dothan, I don't see it listed as an option on channelsurfing.net, and it is not listed on Troy's Gamepass. So, is my only option to view this game going to be at a sports bar like Beef O'Brady's?

If it is my only option that is fine. I haven't missed "viewing" a game all season (either in person, on TV, or on the internet) and I am not going to miss this one. I'd rather watch in the comfort of my home, so if anyone knows anything, let me know, otherwise I'm heading out somewhere in about 5 hours to see my mighty Trojans slaughter some Hogs.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I can't get espn360 as my because of my internet provider (Time Warner), it is not on Time Warner in Dothan, I don't see it listed as an option on channelsurfing.net, and it is not listed on Troy's Gamepass. So, is my only option to view this game going to be at a sports bar like Beef O'Brady's?

If it is my only option that is fine. I haven't missed "viewing" a game all season (either in person, on TV, or on the internet) and I am not going to miss this one. I'd rather watch in the comfort of my home, so if anyone knows anything, let me know, otherwise I'm heading out somewhere in about 5 hours to see my mighty Trojans slaughter some Hogs.

Come to my place. I'll have it on a 37" flat screen. Plenty of food. BYOB.

2903 heritage dr.

Come on by. I'm about to sign off and get espn360 going.

1motime
11-14-2009, 03:41 PM

I think there is an option to buy 360 if your ISP is not participating???

Dothan_Trojan97
11-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Come to my place. I'll have it on a 37" flat screen. Plenty of food. BYOB.

2903 heritage dr.

Come on by. I'm about to sign off and get espn360 going.

Thanks for invite, I appreciate it very much. But I have a 6 year old and 3 year old that, while they love Troy, can be a distraction when their attention spans wane. I think my wife and I will take two separate cars to Beef O'Brady's and when the kiddos can't sit still any longer she can take them home and I'll stay at the restaurant to watch the rest of the game.

TrojanWarrior418
11-14-2009, 04:31 PM
What channel will the game be on if you have cable in Montgomery? If not then what AM Montgomery station will carry the game?

cuke63
11-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Knology in Dothan is now listing it to be on channel 95, WPCHD. never seen it and nothing is ever on it. anyone know anything?

Mike Cunningham
11-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I just learned how to plug the computer into the tv....here we come ESPN360!!!!!

TROJANFAN26
11-14-2009, 06:48 PM
The game is now listed on their website. Pregame talkshow is on now...enjoy!...45 minutes till game time...I'm so excited, I just can't hide it:)

Burn the Horse
11-14-2009, 06:54 PM
if anyone finds out what channel itll be on Knology in Prattville, please post it.

DedicatedTrojan84
11-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Knology in Dothan is now listing it to be on channel 95, WPCHD. never seen it and nothing is ever on it. anyone know anything?

I noticed that a few weeks back. I went by Knology and they said it was a no go.

Lord-Mustang
11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Charter in Prattville will be aired on CSS channel 29
Comcast in Dothan will be aired on CSS Chanlle 24
Time Warner of Dothan has no listed for CSS

DedicatedTrojan84
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
espn.360 looks great at my place

RDA Trojan
11-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Anyone in Birmingham with charter go to 811 to watch in HD.