PDA

View Full Version : Pep Band vs. WKU Band

troyfan
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I was at the game Saturday and I will say this. The SOTS Pep Band outnumbered and outperformed the FULL WKU Band. Obviously music or band is not a big offering at that school.

Great Job SOTS.

BleedingCardinal
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Way to represent pep band! :thumb:

TroyTrojanNYC
11-09-2009, 01:00 PM
The SOTS Pep Band outnumbered and outperformed the FULL WKU Band.

Great Job SOTS.

Careful man. Someone will come up in here and sling accusations of arrogance and ego if you give too much credit to the SOTS. Any bragging on the SOTS is NOT ALLOWED these days (see previous posts for clarification)!

TroyTuba
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Hahaha.......true, don't talk about the SOTS on their section of the forum, that's just a bad move - attack in 3......2......1......

TFan
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh, Hilltoppers had a band there?? I didn't notice.

Troy79
11-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Got to agree about our Pep Band, they were so much better and more loud than the Western band. I sat right next to them and can say they were our best fans at the game. They were into every play and really enjoyed themselves. BTW, the WKU band had microphones to allow their music to be heard over the loud speakers at the far end of the field. Our kids needed no technical assistance, they just know that they are proud members of the SOTS and we should all be grateful for them!
GO TROY!!!

TFan
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
SOTS has anchored the student cheering section at MGVS for years now. Our student attendance at home games approaches 4 full sections these days, including the SOTS!

TroyTuba
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
The first couple of rows next to the band (on the left as you look at them) are young SOTS Alumni students.