PDA

View Full Version : Troy Football supporting Breast Cancer Awareness

JonesOxygen
10-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Troy University is celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness month by honoring ALL CANCER SURVIVORS at the Oct 31st home game, they are giving every survivor plus one guest a FREE TICKET. To obtain your ticket please call 334-566-2140 and leave a message - tickets will be available at Gate 5 the day of the game, however, you must reserve your ticket by noon on Oct 30th.

Please share this with your friends, we don't want to any of our Survivors to miss out on this wonderful celebration of life sponsored by Troy University!!

Dothan_Trojan97
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Great promotion idea. I hope it gets a lot of butts into MGVS....and twice as many breasts!

Lord-Mustang
10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
If it's a promotion offered by the University, why is the phone number not the Ticket Office? This number is someones home number.

RDA Trojan
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Great promotion idea. I hope it gets a lot of butts into MGVS....and twice as many breasts!

Wrong. Just wrong.

SOTSAlumBigGuns
10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
That's a great promotion for save the ta-tas month.

trojanbrutha
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Wrong. Just wrong.

http://img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/1816.gif

Dothan_Trojan97
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Wrong. Just wrong.

No disrepect was meant. :redface:
I think it is a great promomtion idea and I fully support it. I was just trying to be light-hearted about it. If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry.

wrden
10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Nah, I think everyone took it as it was spoken, it's all good, imo anyway.

RDA Trojan
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
No disrepect was meant. :redface:
I think it is a great promomtion idea and I fully support it. I was just trying to be light-hearted about it. If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry.

I just thought that it might offend some. I was sure you were just joking with it, but I've known a few people to go through breast cancer and some had to have a double mastectomy. It is a very touchy subject to some. Just didn't want to have our board come across as insensitive. I think its a great promotion.

Dothan_Trojan97
10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I just thought that it might offend some. I was sure you were just joking with it, but I've known a few people to go through breast cancer and some had to have a double mastectomy. It is a very touchy subject to some. Just didn't want to have our board come across as insensitive. I think its a great promotion.

I too have had close friends and family members battle through cancer, including having a double mastectomy. While it is extremely difficult, most women that I have known dealing with breast cancer have incorporated a sense of humor as a way to cope or deal with the prospects and/or aftermath of having a mastectomy.

I have the utmost respect for anyone that is battling cancer, whether breast cancer or another form, and never attempt to hurt feelings, or intentionally be insensitive. I come from family where humor is integral to our lives even in the darkest of days. My humor just comes out sometimes before my brain has a chance to filter it. I understand that others may not deal with troubles in the same manner as I do.

With that in mind, I again apologize if my comments were felt to be demeaning, crude, or insensitive to anyone, especially if they are or have been battling cancer. That was not the intention of my atempt to be humorous.

RDA Trojan
10-29-2009, 09:12 AM
No hard feelings from me. I just know that some folks might be sensitive about it.

And now that I go back and re-read it, I see the humor in it. Just at first it seemed a little off.

Carry on.