PDA

View Full Version : N Tex Board: Losing Interest in Football Season?

troyjohn06
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I for one hope that one day soon North Texas (or ND40) can turn things around a be a competitive force in the football Sun Belt. I don't know if it is because of just this season, or the past few season together, but the mood/confidence on their board is very low.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49258

Makes me proud to think of where our program currently is, and I definitely don't want to fall to the point that their fans have.

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
hard not to be. to go from winning the sun belt 4 years in a row to being the worst team is hard. that program has so much potential though, it won't be long before they make a storming comeback. north texas has soooooooo much great history, i would love to see them make their way back to prominence. next year could be it. look at their roster... just 12 seniors, 28 juniors, 23 sophmores, 12 red-shirt freshmen + 25 true freshmen. not too mention... they have 4 players who will be eligible to play next year that could be big impact players... one is a 2-star LB who had offers from schools like Baylor, SMU, Tulsa, and Washington to name a few. another one is a 3-star WR transfer from Oklahoma, another is a 3-star DE transfer from Texas Tech, and another is a 4-star WR from Oklahoma State. UNT's ENTIRE offense comes back except for RB Cam Montgomery, but even he splits time with speedy Lance Dunbar. that offense as a whole is probably going to be the deepest in the conference.

Charlie NT73
10-21-2009, 09:04 AM
First, the GoMeanGreen.com web site has over 3300 registered members, with
only a few non-positive. Measuring the North Texas fan base attitude by a few is not the true measure of the all the North Texas fans. The support of the football program continues to increase with each year. Even with the bad win loss record, attendence at NT home games has increased. There were over 23000 at the FAU game. I am not sure but I think NT home attendence
is 3rd in the conference. Game day is a big event. All 3 major parking areas are packed with tailgating, watching football games, cooking, beers, looking
at the secenery, talking NT football. The donations for the new football stadium keep coming in. Ground breaking for the stadium begins in January.

The NT fans are disappointed with losing 3 games in the last few minutes of
each game. If a few plays had gone our way, this team could be at 4-2
and in the SBC race. How great would that be, both Troy and NT at 4-2 for
a big SBC matchup! Regardless of the W/L record, every SBC opponent that
NT travels to, the game does fire up the fans. Man, I do love college football,
especially North Texas football!

WhoaNellie!!!
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
North Dallas 40's football program is beginning to remind me of the football team from the early '90s movie called "Necessary Roughness" starring Scott Bakula and Sinbad. The Texas State Armadillos!!!

Charlie NT73
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Great movie-
Did you know "Necessary Roughness" was filmed at Fouts Field?
I wish NT could get Kathy Ireland back to handle FG's and KO's!

TFan
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Hmm... Is Kathy Ireland part of the Scenery you mentioned earlier??

Charlie NT73
10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Yes, the secenery at NT is very impressive!