PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Halftime Show

tenaciousT
10-04-2009, 04:08 PM
found this video on youtube.com i guess it was from a band camp. very impressive! i can't wait it see the whole show live! we have only seen the shortened version to accomidate the visiting teams band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvJ1_qrX-o&feature=player_embedded

TroyDrum89
10-04-2009, 05:25 PM
i guess it was from a band camp.

lol. I think you mean a band competition. It is a very good show, and you'll be able to see the show in its entirety Tuesday night at halftime.

troy4ever21
10-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah MUTS is only bringing their Pep Band. Which is still pretty awesome. I love having visiting bands come to the Gallery since they rarely do and MUTS band is very good.

TrojanWarrior418
10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
After seeing the Sounds performance Tuesday I do have one question. What is the band saying just before they go onto the field for halftime. I know you saying "gettin jiggy with it" and "Troy, Troy, Troy, What!" but what are you saying before that? It's new to me.

TroyTrojanNYC
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
After seeing the Sounds performance Tuesday I do have one question. What is the band saying just before they go onto the field for halftime. I know you saying "gettin jiggy with it" and "Troy, Troy, Troy, What!" but what are you saying before that? It's new to me.

I won't reveal it even though I know; I'll wait until a current member says it for you - but I will tell you this - you won't believe it when you find out. On the one hand it's truly "tacky", but on the other - it's funny as all get out.

Hopefully a current SOTS member will reveal it for ya so you can go :rollinglaugh:

SOTSButterfly
10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!

(assuming that hasn't changed in the last 5 years...)

troy4ever21
10-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!

(assuming that hasn't changed in the last 5 years...)

Not it hasn't, thank goodness. The drumline tried to change it this year to R-E-A-D---A---B-O--O-K! To make fun of the university's "We Read" program. It's funny but not understandable when said by 300 people, thankfully it wasn't widely approved by us band members. So it's still Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!

Lowbacca
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
They've kinda added "I want some..." right before the Chicken Pot Pie, which works well. Sadly "Pork Chops!" has died out.

SOTSButterfly
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
The drumline tried to change it this year to R-E-A-D---A---B-O--O-K! To make fun of the university's "We Read" program. It's funny but not understandable when said by 300 people, thankfully it wasn't widely approved by us band members.

That would have been funny too! That song is hilarious. XD

JPSousa1898
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Chicken pot! Chicken pot! Chicken pot pie!!!!

troy4ever21
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Chicken pot! Chicken pot! Chicken pot pie!!!!

:thumb: