PDA

View Full Version : WYO vs FAU

bigguyonright
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
so just got done at lockhart after watching the wyoming cowboys send fau to 0-4. fau looked good in some areas and looked really bad in others. the d line for wyo is not good but still got some good pressure at times on smith. with our guys in troy we should dominate. i currently live in laramie and am becoming somewhat of a uw fan. went from horrible last year to decent this year. oh and wyo is now 8-0 against sun belt teams

Hemi Man
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM
BMarkey posted on his facebook account that some of the coaches almost came to blows after the game. Not a good time in Boca Raton right now.

bigguyonright
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
not surprising. it was a bad game in general for fau. they got lucky with a few plays. final should have been 30-14 not 30-28

CHughes1102
10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
They prob don't want to start a fight cause those thugs they call players might get involved.

TrojanWarrior418
10-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I hate that the Owls are imploding right now. I think they are a good team, but it appears that they are lacking self-discipline on the coaching staff. But make no mistake about it they will be up and ready to play Troy later this year.

bigguyonright
10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
there is a problem with fighting coaching staffs here in the mwc. the head coach and an assistant were fist fighting on the sidelines of a new mexico game last week. the players however for fau were surprisingly well beaved

BMarkey
10-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Coach Kirk Hoza and Wyoming Coach Dave Christensen almost came to blows on the field just after the game regarding Hoza's claim that Wyoming was cheating. Hoza said afterward UNLV accused Wyoming of the same offense and would report it to the NCAA.

http://www.fauowlsnest.com/blog/Confrontation%2010-03-09.jpg

Later, we learned that it had something to do with Wyoming's pattern of shifting and simultaneously yelling out cadence to purposely confuse the offense. Wyoming apparently hid (edited) this practice from the videos it provided to FAU.

The coaches exchanged a verbal barrage and finally, Christensen uttered a couple of profanity-laden statements ending in "we kicked your fxxxxxx asses!" Police, other coaches and players has to step in between the coaches.

I watched Chistensen throughout the game and the man is a spectacle in claslessness. His language would make a truck driver blush. On the other hand, the Wyoming fans (lots of them, BTW) were very classy, even giving a big ovation to an FAU lineman who had to be immobilized and hospitalized in the second quarter.

Hoza and the FAU team were also upset that officials allowed 47 seconds to tick off the clock as Wyoming was waiting to punt for the last time and FAU needed the time to try to move the ball and score. The Wyoming QB was fighting for yardage and was forced out of bounds, but the officials let the clock wind down, apparently ruling his forward motion was stopped.

Earlier in the game, Wyoming appeared to have scored on a fake field goal pass, but the play was called back because of what the officials called an offensive personal foul.

The officiating was, again, horrible - a Sun Belt standard.

As the Wyoming player squeaked into the front corner of the end zone for the final TD, most of the team piled in after him and danced around celebrating. A large group of Cowboys then ran to the back of the end zone near the fence separating the field from the raucous student section. They taunted the students in a manner not as bad as what ULM did two years ago, but still not in any manner of good sportsmanship. Some of the students yelled back but I heard no profanities and saw nothing thrown.

No penalty was called.

Now, please explain to me the simple matter of doing a dance in the end zone or diving into the end zone can generate a foul call, but not the act of a large number of players taunting fans?

Regardless, FAU's defense had to make one stop with 8 minutes to play and a 4-point lead. It didn't do that and gave up 40-plus yards. The spread offense (Wyoming runs NASCAR all the time) hurt the Owls. The offense could have scored 50 points if it didn't beat itself with penalties, dropped balls, fumbles and the like.

FAU thread on the subject:
http://fauowlsnest.com/board/index.php?topic=8521.0

Burn the Horse
10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
it's beginning to look like Rusty was a one-hit wonder. :wave:

bigguyonright
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
schnelly gave the student section at troy the finger a few years ago. not saying what i was accused of is any better but from a coach who has been coaching since jesus could play i would say a little uncalled for. christensen is used to coaching in the big 12 where i guess behavior like his is considered acceptable

CHughes1102
10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
FAU's athletic program is going down the drain...I have been saying it for a little while now. They have some serious problems all through the athletic department.