PDA

View Full Version : The Locker Room II

Mike Cunningham
09-17-2009, 03:17 PM
I stopped by The Locker Room since I saw a car or two over there. Met the new owner of the place.

He tells me that he will be open for business tomorrow at 4pm! I encourage you all to help welcome this new owner (who was a member of the national championship team with Mike Turk) by patronizing his restaurant.

TROJANFAN26
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I stopped by The Locker Room since I saw a car or two over there. Met the new owner of the place.

He tells me that he will be open for business tomorrow at 4pm! I encourage you all to help welcome this new owner (who was a member of the national championship team with Mike Turk) by patronizing his restaurant.

Any idea if he's gonna be open all weekend or what? Hopefully the quality of the food is a bit better than before. I'd love to see this place do well.

Burn the Horse
09-17-2009, 03:52 PM
is the atmosphere still the same? i LOVED walking in to that place and being surrounded by Trojan football history!

SOTSButterfly
09-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Wait, Locker Room II? Is it in the same place, or did it move?

Mike Cunningham
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Same place.

He looked like he was putting TROY stuff up on the wall. All the TROY stuff that was there before (pics, memorabillia) is gone, but all the writing on the wall was still there (national championships, etc).

Looked like he was putting TROY stuff back up. Go check it out and let us know what you think.

He said they were open all the time after 4pm tomorrow.

Burn the Horse
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
ill definitly eat there first thing. too bad all the memorabilia is gone, next to my collection, that was the best i had seen outside the AD. ;)

3fingerdiscount
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know how I could get in contact with him? I designed the logo and wanted to ask him a few questions regarding it.

Mike Cunningham
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
I have no idea. I just walked in. He didn't offer a business card or anything (I shoudl have gotten one!)

BlkGAPeach
09-20-2009, 11:43 PM
The new owner is Gary Blackwell. He is a Troy Alum. I have his contact information. Send me a private message with yours and I will pass it on to him.

TroyTuba
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Spoke with him after the game the other night, said he hadn't intended to open until homecoming, but pushed it into service with it being UAB and maybe expecting lots of folks perhaps. Very nice guy, played linebacker for us on the national championship team (not sure which year) but he was very friendly and worked his butt off. You could tell they were not ready to open, but I believe once they get it going right, it's gonna be a very nice place.