PDA

View Full Version : Fountain in the Quad

TroyDrum89
08-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know what the heck is wrong with our fountain in the quad? It seems like there's been maybe a week out of the last few semesters when the thing was actually functioning normally. Now, it's been completely drained out and I never see anybody working on it. I'm so confused--is it broken???

sotsclarinet08
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know what the heck is wrong with our fountain in the quad? It seems like there's been maybe a week out of the last few semesters when the thing was actually functioning normally. Now, it's been completely drained out and I never see anybody working on it. I'm so confused--is it broken???

I've been wondering the same thing. I remember it would not be on for weeks at a time all last semester and it looked like no one had worked on it at all... And then when it was on it did that whole "I'll stay on for 10 minutes but then turn off for an hour" thing... It made no sense.

I have seen tablets in the fountain so maybe their cleaning? I dont know, but your right, I never see anyone over there working on it... It sucks when your parents, family, and any other visitor that comes to campus has to walk past the greatest fountain/statue ever and see it empty or full and not on... It's the main focal point of the entire campus so why not make it work properly.

TroyDrum89
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
I believe those tablets are just chlorine tablets they put in to keep the water clean when it's running normally. I agree with you when visitors come. I'm just like, "Here's our awesome fountain--that's not working."

Mr. Ho
08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Fountains too tough to maintain. Mr. Ho have one in Mr. Ho's for about week until too many people tinkle in on way to buffet.

94IntegraDriver
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I know, I wish they'd get one of the main highlights of our University working properly! It kinda brightens my day when I walk across the Quad and see the fountain alive and shooting water in the air.

TrojanDogg
09-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Are students finally leaving the fountain alone as far as putting soap in it to make it foam up? I know a lot of students did it shortly after it was constructed as a prank

TrojanEmpire
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Are students finally leaving the fountain alone as far as putting soap in it to make it foam up? I know a lot of students did it shortly after it was constructed as a prank

Yeah, because that prank is really original. I can't believe knuckleheads are still doing that.

sotsclarinet08
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, because that prank is really original. I can't believe knuckleheads are still doing that.

I haven't seen it at all since I've been here. Well I think they did it to every fountain on campus for homecoming. But it's rarely ever touched by students so that isn't the cause of it never working.

Whitney
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
its been about 10 days since last update....any other developments?
reason asking is that it would be awesome if it was working by homecoming so that Alumni can enjoy it (wish i could but the economy sucks right now so I won't be there this year :( )

TroyDrum89
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
its been about 10 days since last update....any other developments?
reason asking is that it would be awesome if it was working by homecoming so that Alumni can enjoy it (wish i could but the economy sucks right now so I won't be there this year :( )

The fountain has now been fully operational for a couple weeks! No more sporadic operation and no more empty water! (knock on wood)

Burn the Horse
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
i wish the students would toss red food coloring in it when we win games.

"let the blood of the fallen feed our resolve. Go Troy!"

Whitney
09-17-2009, 08:51 AM
The fountain has now been fully operational for a couple weeks! No more sporadic operation and no more empty water! (knock on wood)

Yay thats awesome! Thanks so much!

JPSousa1898
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM

This, I like!

CHughes1102
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM

Holy crap good idea!!!!!!!!!! Somebody start this....

BleedingCardinal
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Red dye is a good idea! I was reading the Tropolitan about Troy needing a tradition. This would be a great start.

And is it just me or does the water shooting from the fountain seem different. A few years ago I remember it shooting the water out like a cylinder but now it just sprays out with no definite shape. I know this is weird but I was wondering if my memory of the fountain is blurred or is it actually different.

Spiritual_Trojan
10-25-2009, 07:25 PM
they have some kind of special nozzels on the fountain to give the water definition. The dye is a good idea, but I've actually tried to dye the water before the filter system they have is pretty amazing. The water changed color for like 10 seconds then went back to it's normal color

TroyDrum89
10-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Would red dye mess it up or anything? I wouldn't want it to be considered vandalism or anything. They supposedly have a surveillance system set up out there somewhere. ...Supposedly...