PDA

View Full Version : FIU threatens to boycott basketball tourney

troyjohn06
08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
By Dana O'Neil
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida International will pull out of the Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament unless tournament organizers allow FIU to open with Ohio State instead of North Carolina, as the Golden Panthers had expected.

FIU officials were equal parts incensed and stunned when they received an e-mailed press release of the Tar Heels' schedule, listing Florida International as the season opener......

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4422145

FliryVorru
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
For once I'm going to agree and back up FIU on this one. It's a sad thing that what someone says carries absolutely no weight if they've signed a piece of paper that says another thing.

troyw
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
For once I'm going to agree and back up FIU on this one. It's a sad thing that what someone says carries absolutely no weight if they've signed a piece of paper that says another thing.

Maybe I read it wrong but didn't the article say that FIU signed a contract stating they would play either OSU or NC?

If they signed that contract, they should stick to their agreement.

FliryVorru
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes they did, however it said in the article that they had been given verbal notice and had an understanding that they would be playing Ohio State. They were ever announcing it on their schedule and everything.

CHughes1102
08-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Just play them and shut up....

ThePowerMan
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, just go past GO.....collect $200......and move on. Either way .......they still get drilled by NC or OS.

Texas Trojan
08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Perhaps you should make a point of talking to your AD every now and then.

Strike another low blow in the career of "Stupid is as Stupid Does" Thomas.