PDA

View Full Version : High School Project (SOTS tribute)

Whitney
08-21-2009, 11:26 PM
So my high school's band is the Pride of Mel High Bulldogs, my brother plays the Tuba (I am not playing in it.) HOWEVER I am apart of my school's TV Production (both 1 and 2.) and I asked my teacher one day:

"Hey I know people are already doing photos and videos of the football team and such but is anyone getting any action of the band?"
Teacher: "Oh, no I don't think any one is, we haven't really done that in the past."
Me: "Are you serious? The band is the most important part! The team may lose but the band always wins!"

And from there I basically told my teacher that I would be more than happy to get pictures and video and put together something special to recognize how hard the band works.

And on Thursday from 6pm-9pm I was up on my feet non-stop taking pictures and video and I got quite a bit which is awesome.

This is where the tribute to SOTS comes in:
I have a TON of pictures and I'm putting together a picture slideshow with a little clip of a routine cheer the band does at the end of every practice, at the end of the video. BUUUUT while the pictures where playing I needed some music. Hence I thought of one of my favorite tracks of the SOTS that would be fun and appropriate. I have chosen "Hot, Hot, Hot!" as my backround music for the picture slideshow and I plan on putting at the end- Music by: Sound of the South Marching Band of Troy University.

I will keep you updated on the response I get about my project. If anyone has any input I will try and see if I am able to use it or not.

Also I will try to see if I am able to put the picture slideshow on YouTube as well as some of the videos that I have. I have to check with my school first.

(sorry bout the long post)

Whitney
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
After a week of wrestling with the music file i finally got it into the video. AND the pictures and a little video at the end and it looks fantastic. i may need to edit a tad bit more, but i went to the band director today and asked him if I could put it on YouTube so that you all would be able to see it :D :D :D

So now he just has to view it and approve (which im sure he will.) and hopefully next week you all will get to enjoy getting to see this video AND hearing the SOTS as the backround music (with a tribute in the credits.)

You have no idea how excited I am about this, the video will be shown sometime next week to the ENTIRE school!

Whitney
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I showed the video to the band director and he approves of the video but I forgot to ask him if it was okay if I put it on YouTube so that ya'll could see it. But what may be happening is that I need to make a few copies of the video and then he will show it to the band so that they approve of it and everything. So yeah i am so excited about you guys getting to see it :D

Whitney
09-08-2009, 12:55 PM
VIDEO IS GOING UP ON YOU TUBE TONIGHT! I will post the link and everythingm please take your time to look at the vid and post your comments on YT or here!