PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Show

JCTroy75
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I read Paul McNeeley's report on the SOTS Forum and it looks like a solid 300+ a bit with a ton of brass. Didn't say much about the drum line and I heard a rumor that there is a case and a six pack of tubas. Sounds like the music is great. What else?

sotsclarinet08
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I read Paul McNeeley's report on the SOTS Forum and it looks like a solid 300+ a bit with a ton of brass. Didn't say much about the drum line and I heard a rumor that there is a case and a six pack of tubas. Sounds like the music is great. What else?

Ford at one rehearsal stated to Dr. Long that we had 320, if I remember correctly they said that we're the largest SOTS yet.

JPSousa1898
08-21-2009, 02:28 AM
320 is the record and quite awesome for sure!
Now, if you guys will sound like 640, that'll be the icing on the cake!

I love it when people have to nitpick to find anything bad to say about the SOTS and few people I know have much bad to say unless they are Marching Southerners, so keep up the awesome work guys. I loved it when I read from a gal I marched with on Facebook said she could hear you guys at Wal-mart the other night. That made me feel good. You have to be pretty good to have sound carry that far.

Hector
08-21-2009, 01:49 PM
320 is the record and quite awesome for sure!
Now, if you guys will sound like 640, that'll be the icing on the cake!

I love it when people have to nitpick to find anything bad to say about the SOTS and few people I know have much bad to say unless they are Marching Southerners, so keep up the awesome work guys. I loved it when I read from a gal I marched with on Facebook said she could hear you guys at Wal-mart the other night. That made me feel good. You have to be pretty good to have sound carry that far.

Aren't the Marching Southerners a group up at Jax State that marches with girly men dressed in tights carrying flags around?

Trojans1andAll
08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Aren't the Marching Southerners a group up at Jax State that marches with girly men dressed in tights carrying flags around?

You're only partly correct. The girly men there carry the tubas around....

JPSousa1898
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Real men play Sousaphone. Nuff said.

FliryVorru
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
"Real" men "play" sousaphone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/chapadzo/sousaphone01.jpg

JPSousa1898
08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
"Real" men "play" sousaphone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/chapadzo/sousaphone01.jpg

I don't see a game for the sax, old friend! *huge smile*

FliryVorru
08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
*ahem*

We have a real game, actually... not a photoshopped one... *mischievous grin*

http://geekadelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/sax_hero.jpg

Lowbacca
08-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Hrmmm....I think I'll play sax for this argument.

JPSousa1898
08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Whatever, Lowbacca! It's either Tuba or Clarinet for you! :-P Back on Thread... anyone know what the 2nd show is yet or have you guys been sworn to secrecy?

Lowbacca
08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I play Bari in Jazz I. That gives me that option.

Show 2 is a round two of last year's Cowboys. I don't remember the order, but there's Silvarado and a medly called Go West! which includes Blazing Sadles, among others.

JPSousa1898
08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
I need to go find my cap from the hoedown show. :)

JCTroy75
08-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Since 3 of you dedcided to hijack my thread with a bunch of infantile chatter, I still would like to hear about instrumentation, second show, or anything else that those of us unable to attend a practice (as of yet) would like to know.

Thanking you in advance.....

sotsclarinet08
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
^
|
|

All of that has already been mentioned in this thread.

FliryVorru
08-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Since 3 of you dedcided to hijack my thread with a bunch of infantile chatter, I still would like to hear about instrumentation, second show, or anything else that those of us unable to attend a practice (as of yet) would like to know.

That's a rather "infantile" way to speak to board members, especially when you're asking for information that you can't get without the aforementioned members' help.

Please consider others in the future. Thank you.

JCTroy75
08-30-2009, 11:34 PM
If you do and don't think it was infantile then you were probably part of it. I will just have to go to a practice. I tried but it is obvious there is little interest in a true message board mentality on the SOTS forum here. If that upsets you, then choose not to agree with me and I'm fine with it.

sotsclarinet08
08-30-2009, 11:55 PM
If you do and don't think it was infantile then you were probably part of it. I will just have to go to a practice. I tried but it is obvious there is little interest in a true message board mentality on the SOTS forum here. If that upsets you, then choose not to agree with me and I'm fine with it.

Instrumentation: written by me on 8/20
"Ford at one rehearsal stated to Dr. Long that we had 320, if I remember correctly they said that we're the largest SOTS yet."

Second show: written by Lowbacca on 8/24
"Show 2 is a round two of last year's Cowboys. I don't remember the order, but there's Silvarado and a medly called Go West! which includes Blazing Sadles, among others."

We greatly appreciate everyone that attends our rehearsals. It's going to be a great year and the show is fantastic!

yeahIwin
08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Any tribute to 100 years of football? Perhaps HC?

sotsclarinet08
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM

We only know of our first and second show as of right now.

I'm sure something is in the works.

94IntegraDriver
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
I love yall's Lynyrd Skynyrd show and can't wait to see it from the stands with all the formations on game day! BLOW SOTS!!!

Lowbacca
09-05-2009, 09:50 PM
As for numbers, we've had the same problem as the rest of the planet with the flu. I missed half of bandcamp because of it. One day we'll have all 24 sousas, and the next we'll have 20. We're somewhere around 300ish. By the end of the year we may have an exact count.

TroyTuba
09-07-2009, 04:12 PM

What would you have them play?

My answer to the question is probably not.